[4.4.4]so the home swipe search shortcut got butchered

Search This thread

KonW

Aug 25, 2009
and the uninstall, or disable button for the new Whats New app is greyed out,

so good xda fellows, is there anyway to get rid of this?

i can stand up and deal with most of the bullsht sony forced onto my phone but this swipe shortcut is almost the most used thing on my phone and if i cant get rid of it im fkin done with it, Stock android here i come

and to think of the new android L, hell knows how long till sony done it's nasty work to it and how much the feel will be left when finally updates to this phone after probably 6 or 7 months gets pushed

Last edited:

KalleEatingBrain

Feb 1, 2013
Bremen
Get rid of it.

Hi
I had the same problem with the annoying "What's new"-Thing but it can be disabled with some simple steps. Just open an adb shell and type in "pm block com.sonymobile.advancedwidget.entrance". After rebooting the phone the google icon should be centered again. Also I think your rant about Android L and Sony is quite unjustified since you are complaining about the latest version of Android available ;)
Have a nice day,
Kalle.

emann56

Aug 14, 2010
Hi
I had the same problem with the annoying "What's new"-Thing but it can be disabled with some simple steps. Just open an adb shell and type in "pm block com.sonymobile.advancedwidget.entrance". After rebooting the phone the google icon should be centered again. Also I think your rant about Android L and Sony is quite unjustified since you are complaining about the latest version of Android available ;)
Have a nice day,
Kalle.

Too much work :p Just use titanium backup and freeze the app.