[THEME][KIT KAT][n900P] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [15-06-2014]

Search This thread

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Looks great and runs well. Question though, I seem to have lost the message preview at the top of the phone when a new message comes in.

9a5u7amu.jpg

Any idea how to get that back?

For clarification... I do have these options checked

e6e7y5eq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GavinMazey

Jocutz1987

Oct 29, 2008
tampa
Looks great and runs well. Question though, I seem to have lost the message preview at the top of the phone when a new message comes in.

9a5u7amu.jpg

Any idea how to get that back?

For clarification... I do have these options checked

e6e7y5eq.jpg

Go in messaging hit the menu button then select settings then go to notification and check pop - up display

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Mechayoshi

Mar 12, 2014
I tried then and then went back to stock. When I flashed my backup I forgot to wipe cashe and now the every program stops working. Nothing I'm doing is fixing it. I tried restoring and wiping, nothing is working. The phone is non operational.

Is there anything I can do the fix this?

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
I tried then and then went back to stock. When I flashed my backup I forgot to wipe cashe and now the every program stops working. Nothing I'm doing is fixing it. I tried restoring and wiping, nothing is working. The phone is non operational.

Very strange issue you are having.

To fix what ever problem it is, just dirty flash your current ROM.

I can almost guarantee it's not the theme, after you get it running again try the theme again and it should be good.

Let us know how you go.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Kdio

Mechayoshi

Mar 12, 2014

I can almost guarantee it's not the theme, after you get it running again try the theme again and it should be good.

Let us know how you go.

Good Luck.
All is well now. The issue was that my backups were bad. I ended up resetting. I lost nothing aside from some pictures stored on the phone. Lesson learned.

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a

Let us know how you go.

Good Luck.
Could these issues be caused by flashing on odex?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: coldmethod

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
^possibly? I was on stock TouchWiz.

DeOdex only, my friend. Though you could try flashing this, and deleting the paired Odex files for the apk replacements, phone, contacts, mms, etc. Look in the zip file under system, not vrtheme. Delete the Odex files associated with those apks.

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Any noticeable improvement with battery life?

Have a look at the below...

Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

Speaking from my own experience I can't honestly say, I have been using a blacked out theme for so long I can't remember what the battery was like before. There are those that say it works wonders and those that disagree, as with all things. I use it because I like the look. Give it a go and find out yourself, make a backup, flash and test. Plus you can always just dirty flash to wipe the theme if you're not happy. Let us know how it works for you.

Good Luck.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

Last edited:

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Is it possible to make a theme that does not touch the settings area?

Sent from my SGNote 3

Just flash this theme, and push SecSettings from stock into system, priv-app, or remove same from the zip using 7zip (right click on the filename, navigate to the folder containing the settings app mod, delete from within 7zip, close it up, and flash...save nothing).

You will find traces of the theme in settings even with that removed, however, since framework-res.apk includes much of the settings area that get themed.

ubigred

Feb 23, 2010
Houston
Just flash this theme, and push SecSettings from stock into system, priv-app, or remove same from the zip using 7zip (right click on the filename, navigate to the folder containing the settings app mod, delete from within 7zip, close it up, and flash...save nothing).

You will find traces of the theme in settings even with that removed, however, since framework-res.apk includes much of the settings area that get themed.

It worked! Thanks.

I had to change permissions after I pushed it to priv-app and reboot. Profit.

Sent from my SGNote 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
    Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
    - ClockPackage_OSup
    - MultiWindowTrayService
    - JobManager
    - Keyguard
    - MusicPlayerWT
    - Popupcalculator
    - SamsungIME
    - SecCalculator_3d
    - SecCalculator2
    - SecContacts_OSup
    - SecDownloadProviderUi
    - SecEmail_J
    - SecGallery2013
    - SecLauncher4
    - SecMms
    - SecPhone
    - SecSettings
    - SPlanner_2013
    - SystemUI
    - framework-res
    - twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
    - Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install Core files Zip from below
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
    - Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    - Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
    - Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install latest iteration
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

Look here.

Changelog

Code:
    15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
    - Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
    - Mms apk name corrected
    - Removed themed XML's from email apk
    - Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]
    - n900P Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14
    - ViSiON-X 2.0

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
    - @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
    - @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
    - @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users
    Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update to the core files.

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

If there are any issues let me know.

Happy Flashing.
    Update

Hi All,

See OP for update.

09/06/2014

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
    - Dialler icons fixed

There is also an enhanced file in the OP for the fre3 & VISION-X users.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers.
    Any noticeable improvement with battery life?

Have a look at the below...

Objective:

Speaking from my own experience I can't honestly say, I have been using a blacked out theme for so long I can't remember what the battery was like before. There are those that say it works wonders and those that disagree, as with all things. I use it because I like the look. Give it a go and find out yourself, make a backup, flash and test. Plus you can always just dirty flash to wipe the theme if you're not happy. Let us know how it works for you.

Good Luck.

Hi All,

Thanks.
    Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update.

This is untested as I'm flying blind, but it should be all good.

08/06/2014

- WiFi calling icon fixed
    - Mms apk name corrected
    - Removed themed XML's from email apk
    - Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

If there are any issues let me know asap.