[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked I9100G

Search This thread

maui75

May 2, 2012
Shanghai, VERONA
I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?

Did you try with ODIN, keeping flagged the re-partition option?

Phistachio

Oct 22, 2011
Belgium, BE
Did you try with ODIN, keeping flagged the re-partition option?

He's actually the 2nd person to have that issue... It tends to make me believe that Chinese phones have some sort of restriction on flashing...

I ran across a problem while trying to flash the latest ROM from India on a phone bought in China, it always failed at "MSO" and was never recoverable until I flashed back the Chinese ROM, it seems the Indian ROM pack had some different files the Chinese ROM did not have. In short the partitioning appears to be different between some of the ROMS. So is it possible to find the pit files that are connected to each ROM?

The .PITs are not different. I believe what's different is the hardware itself. Even though both are I9100G, the Chinese phones seem to have some sort of restriction...

Also, maui, I'm going to upload the files at around 22PM GMT, they'll be up at that time :)

alshumary313

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks

You really helped me there, I'm so mad I got this phone instead of i9100 model at least I fixed though so thanks alot.

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
you are lucky!

ics update(leaked version) is out for china model search it on google and there will be a guide and a download link,it works only for china version,you can look at it :

http://androidadvices.com/update-galaxy-s2-i9100g-official-ics-403-zclp5-firmware-update/

i was not able to flash because i am not having my pc :<
you guys give a try but only those can give a try who own china version
once i get my pc i can try to get ics update for normal version too and would write a guide,but if i get it ,HP seriously sucks :p

Last edited:

lorinkundert

Nov 9, 2011
Shenzhen
i9100G ROMS seem to all have different pit files

Got past that by going back to Chinese stock, then flashing the Supertamos Kernel and ROM, maybe it is some kind of flag that Odin picks up from the Chinese ROM. No biggie just one big pain in the ###

malibasha

May 12, 2012
plz help stuck in boot cant get into recovery or download mood

i was trying to root my 19100g and after it flashes the new kernel which i think is not compatible with my phone it didn't boot and stuck in start screen with the yellow triangle and i cant get into recovery mood or download mood no matter i did plz help me plz

Phistachio

Oct 22, 2011
Belgium, BE
i was trying to root my 19100g and after it flashes the new kernel which i think is not compatible with my phone it didn't boot and stuck in start screen with the yellow triangle and i cant get into recovery mood or download mood no matter i did plz help me plz

It doesn't boot into download mode at all?

The only solution now is a JTAG...

nitishdash

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks man..... just before 10 mins my phone was bricked...... now it's working very nicely.... Man thanks a lot.......... XDA Developers you rock!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: qsapiq

LakSamS2

May 14, 2012
Odin does not detect my Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G

Hello,

I was trying to update my Gingerbird with ICS using Odin. it got stuck i disconnected the phone and tried to re-do from the begining but Odin does not detect my phone, neither i can boot my phone in download mode. i can see only the "mobile, Exclamation Mark, and PC".

Please help.

Thanks

Reactions: qsapiq

Metallico

Apr 21, 2012
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Hello,

I was trying to update my Gingerbird with ICS using Odin. it got stuck i disconnected the phone and tried to re-do from the begining but Odin does not detect my phone, neither i can boot my phone in download mode. i can see only the "mobile, Exclamation Mark, and PC".

Please help.

Thanks

Do you have the last drivers?
Did you try before restart your pc?

I bricked my S2 one time just pluged the usb, re-try wiyh ODIN and was ready.
I don´t what to say.

Good luck man and maybe you should try to make a google search.
I think that you can find somthing there

Anyway, surely someone from XDA will help you

Phistachio

Oct 22, 2011
Belgium, BE
Hello,

Please help.

Thanks

Even if you can't access dl mode, reach the !->exclamation mark point, connect and flash with ODIN.

Reactions: iepurasu_poznas

LakSamS2

May 14, 2012
No i dont have the last drives and i restarted several times, i even googled and got some drivers and installed but still nothing works. i tried the One Click unbrick (Heimdall) but that also did not work it every time says USB drivers are not installed properly start phone in download mode and install the drivers. But my phone does not start in downlload mode.

I tried connecting to the Odin but it does not add my device. so i cant flash:(

Hi people,

Thank you a lot for this very useful tool !

However, a friend of mine had the brilliant idea to flash an ICS i9100 rom on his i9100g, and now it's stuck into nice brick. I can't access either to recovery or Download mode.

The phone, on USB, just bootloop again and again (works about 5 seconds) on the logo with small phone---Triangle---Computer. That's the major problem, as I have no time to flash back to a supported rom.

Without USB, the screen is always black.

--> Samsung USB drivers : no success, Windows 7 has troubles installing them because it disconnects too fast. It detects the drivers : OMAP4430, SAMSUNG USB CDC Composite Device, SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem.
--> Odin : phone detected while "alive", I just had time to flash OMAP PIT file but it didn't solve the problem.
--> Kies :detects the phone by the time it's working.
--> ADB : no detection.
--> One-click UnBrick : not working, keeps asking for drivers not found/installed but not working.

I've been trying everything, but I still can't get it to work. Does anyone have an idea, before trying any hardware hack to force download mode ?

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Hi people,

Thank you a lot for this very useful tool !

However, a friend of mine had the brilliant idea to flash an ICS i9100 rom on his i9100g, and now it's stuck into nice brick. I can't access either to recovery or Download mode.

The phone, on USB, just bootloop again and again (works about 5 seconds) on the logo with small phone---Triangle---Computer. That's the major problem, as I have no time to flash back to a supported rom.

Without USB, the screen is always black.

--> Samsung USB drivers : no success, Windows 7 has troubles installing them because it disconnects too fast. It detects the drivers : OMAP4430, SAMSUNG USB CDC Composite Device, SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem.
--> Odin : phone detected while "alive", I just had time to flash OMAP PIT file but it didn't solve the problem.
--> Kies :detects the phone by the time it's working.
--> ADB : no detection.
--> One-click UnBrick : not working, keeps asking for drivers not found/installed but not working.

I've been trying everything, but I still can't get it to work. Does anyone have an idea, before trying any hardware hack to force download mode ?

if odin can detect, u can try flash any firmware as long as it is for g vrsion..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody :D

Due to some demand and request, I've decided to adapt my guide to the I9100G. It deserves some love too!

This is a guide dedicated to noobs, so if you're not one, I would advise to stop reading now! (altough feedback would be great! :))

Yes, there have been quite a few threads about fixing a soft brick. But what I'm writting now is another solution to a different kind of problem : unflashable GSII (which also works with a soft brick of course ;)), which is a soft brick and a corrupted NAND rw (read/write) function.

Just in case you don't know, a soft brick occurs when you flash a ROM or Kernel, and it doesn't go your way, thus bricking the "soft part", aka Software, of your phone. Therefore, it is easy to recover from. Now, regarding NAND rw (NAND's read and write function being the corruption) it means that it is an issue deeper than a soft brick.

It is obvious when you can flash a kernel, but you can't flash a ROM, because it can't properly read the NAND, but can flash a kernel. But you ask, why the kernel? Because flashing a kernel is a bit deeper than flashing a ROM. When you flash a kernel, you're changing/putting new instructions to the hardware, and when flashing a ROM, the instructions that are drewn are different and more "simple", so when flashing, ODIN will say "FAIL" instead of "PASS", or suddenly stopping the flash out of nowhere.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY, this guide will not be able to fix a NAND r/w corruption, due to tyhe fact that I do not have either the .PIT, the bootloader or the kernel, I only have a stock ROM, which will only fix a soft brick.

As soon as I get my laptop back from RMA (this Pentium Dual core I'm using right now isn't trustworthy), I'll extract the zImage and sbl.bin from each ROM, zip it, upload it, and add the rest of the guide.

UPDATE 02/05/2012

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
    Thanks to maui75, I have the .PIT and the gingerbread bootloader! When my laptop arrives from RMA, I'll download and unzip all the packages in this thread, add the .PIT, zip, upload again, and add the rest of the guide! :D

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I would like to first apologize for my absence. My past months have been super busy, and they don't seem to be ending anytime soon. And "anytime soon" meaning in a couple of years. And I'm actually glad that this is happening, since I've been working pretty hard to achieve the state I'm in.

This thread has evolved into something I've never imagined. Only because of YOU guys, we managed to turn a normal thread into a pretty popular and well used Guide, and it made me so happy and joyous of being apart of the XDA community. I feel proud in being a XDA nut. This whole success is just because of YOU guys. :)

As painful as it is to say this... I believe that I will be dropping support on this thread after the New Year, because a) I lost my Galaxy S2 in Paris in a taxi with no hope of getting it back when I went there 3 weeks ago and b) I'm probably getting a Galaxy Note 2 in the New Year, so this thread will be most likely ported and maintained over at the Note 2 forums.

I'm extremely sorry it has come this way, and I hope you guys will understand. In the following days I'll be updating the files to their latest versions, and will try to find new bootloaders and kernels, but without sources, I'm unable to do so. I'll update whatever I'll be able to :)

Regards and thanks to all of you that have supported me,

Rafael K.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT #2

Please welcome neerajganga, your new thread maintainer (along with me)! He has been of great help, so I think he deserves this kind of announcement!

IF YOU ONLY HAVE A BOOTLOOP​

Wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, MOVE ON WITH THE GUIDE :)

Let's start with the basic files, downloads and requirements

1) You have to know the basics of ODIN and flashing (duh :p)

2) Just to be safe, please uninstall Samsung KIES. It usually interferes when flashing with ODIN. You must have the USB drivers from your phone, so don't uninstall them. Only uninstall the program KIES.
    Just in case you don't have them, here are the Samsung USB drivers

3) Download ODIN, the tool that we'll use to flash all the things into our beloved Galaxy S II ;)

4) Download the necessary ROM (they are Gingerbread 2.3.6) : Africa (Iraq), Asia (Malaysia), Europe (Open Austria), Middle East (Saudi Arabia). (password is samfirmware.com)

5) You must have WinRAR to unRAR the Recovery Package and to unzip ODIN.
    You can also use 7zip, as sugested by jermitano :)

And that is it! Let's get down to business :)

If your GSII has the folowing symptoms :

• Bootloop
    • Stuck on GSII logo, but already removed the battery to try to fix it
    • Enters Download mode and Recovery mode

It means that you are soft bricked and is easy to solve.

But if your symptoms are the mentioned above, PLUS the symptoms below

• Enters Download mode but does NOT enter recovery mode (usually means a NAND rw corruption)
    • Doesn't flash
    • Bad flash in odin (FAIL after flashing, or the flashing suddenly stops)

Then it means that you have a bigger issue, such as the aforementioned NAND rw corruption.

It's time to open up ODIN and start reviving your phone!

First of all, let's just have a quick glance of how ODIN looks like, and where we should put the files :

ojgokk.png

As the picture clearly shows, the green rectangle is where you can tick. Those 2 which are ticked must remain that way. And the red one is well... Where you SHOULDN'T touch :p

But where are the files going, you say?

.tar -> PDA

Recovering a soft bricked phone

1) Grab the Recovery Package, and put the file in its place.

2) Turn off your phone. Enter Download mode by presing Vol. Up + Home + Power button.

3) Plug in your phone. It will show you, in a yellow box in ODIN, ID:COMx (x being the number displayed, sometimes displays 7, sometimes displays 9, or other numbers)

4) Once ready and done all your prayers, press Start. Wait patiently. It usually takes 5 minutes to flash.

Have you done everything correctly until now? Then...

Congratulations on recovering your phone!

You deserve some cake afterwards, and some rest :D

I hope that this guide was helpful, and if it was, hit the thanks button! :)

Credits mainly go to Intratech and Sammobile, for his amazing gallery of ROMS and files :)

This is to be used as educational information. I am not liable of any damage that may occur to your phone.
    Simple and easy.

I even fixed my Galaxy S2 which was stuck in "Phone-Exclamation-Computer" icon mode. Couldnt even get into Recovery or Download mode.

My phone showed up on Odin so i just flashed it with the stock firmware.

Thanks for the guide!!
    Very good and useful guide. Keep up the good work!
    Hi everyone.

My problem was:
    - I have a GT-I1900G and installed a ICS ROM for I-I1900 on my phone.
    - Results: The phone got bricked. The only screen he showed was the famous (phone--!--computer). The download mode and recovery mode DID NOT WORK! (but ODIN recognized the phone)

How i solved it:
    - Install KIES on your computer (with the samsung drivers only did not work for me) - Restart your computer. After that, see if the KIES processes aren't open (use ctrl+alt+del to see it)
    - Download this CWM (clockwordmod) - CWM Recovery for Galaxy S2 - I9100G
    - Open ODIN, and in PDA select the .tar file of the CWM.
    - Connect your phone (turned on) on your computer.
    - After the ODIN recognizes it, press START.

If it works, congratz! Disconnect your phone from the computer, and now, probably, you can acess the download mode and see the recovery mode (its the CWM. He enters in recovery mode automatically).
    On the CWM menu, use the options: "wipe data/factory" and "wipe cache partition".

- Remove the battery.
    - Wait 10 sec and put the battery again. Turn on the phone on download mode (vol down + home + turn on).
    - Download one of the STOCK ROMs on this topic. Extract the files.
    - Connect the phone on the computer, and put in PDA the new .tar file, from the stock rom.
    - Press START.
    - Pray, cry or whatever you want.

OBS: If it didnt work, try to use another laptop. I installed KIES on my laptop, and it didnt work. When i used my girlfriend's laptop, it worked! And i have absolutely sure that it was all okay on my laptop (drivers installed and processes off).
    There we go ;) It's better to flash a 3 part, since sometimes in a soft brick, a single files doesn't pass, but a 3 file pack will.

I agree with you and in special way for soft brick due to the wrong firmware.
    I wish to add the link for all the file ( PIT, PDA, MODEM, CSC, BOOTLOADER, APBOOT) of i9100G CHN KH4, it is a little old but good to repair the chn version.
    ht * tp:/ /115.com/file/dnecfzp4
    To download the file push the green button... in the begin I had some problem to find all the file for the chn version.... hope will be helpfull:p