[4.2.2][P311x] Unofficial Carbon Rom. 9 august 2013

Search This thread

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
Unofficial Carbon Rom Built by Sevenup30 & Tuxafgmur

What is Carbon rom ?
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that on some devices the kernel is not yet linaro compiled.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11

BigShotRob

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

ToxicThunder

winner00

Our next goal is to put together a build machine, and we need your help. Why do we need a server? Well, a few reasons. The first is the most obvious - we'd like to build more frequently and need the hardware to support it. That means drive space and speed. The more of each we have, the more we can say "hey let's crank out a build," and throw it up on goo so you see an update in goomanager. Right now, building is a pretty intensive all-day process. The second reason is stability. Building from a development machine means that the environment itself is less stable. This translates into, again, fewer builds and more work to make them. Faster building means we can build for more devices, too. All this free time means we can do more cool stuff. We've got a lot of great ideas coming, and every bit of time we can get to work on them means a better rom for you. If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

FEATURES:

Built with Dhollmen Kernel
Smooth & really fast !
Carbon rom includes:
Dark Carbon (invert rom without reboot thanks to slim dev for that)
Pie Control(Thanks ParanoidAndroid for that)
Phone / Phablet / Tablet UI
LockScreen options
StatusBar & NavBar options
Xposed Framework (edit per app dpi in settings original thread

Much more tweaks.

INSTALL
First , Full wipe(if coming from other rom, no need if coming from previous carbon build)
Flash Carbon rom
Flash Gapps

DOWNLOAD:
Unofficial Carbon 9august
GAPPS

old version:
Unofficial Carbon p311x old version

CHANGELOG
Official Carbon Changelog
***9 august***
Updated to latest Carbon source
Updated to Dhollmen Kernel (no need to flash it anymore)
includind HALO))) (finally ) + fix random halo crash
Built with linaro tool chain
***15 july***
update to carbon source
-lot of new features, like ribbon v2 from aokp & custom tiles
- dont forget to full wipe if you use theme engine.
update dhollmen kernel
note:
Halo still missing, dont know if it really works on 7" tabs, i'll dig it and try to give it to you in next release guys.

***22 may***
Updated to Carbon source
Updated Dhollmen Kernel
***10 April***
Fix OC unstable due to libs.
Update from carbon source
***8 April***
Updated to Carbon Source
Built with Google Toolchain
Built with DhollmenKernel (no need to flash it after)
super fast !!!!!!!

Last edited:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Hi sevenup30, I know you did the build for the 51xx, are you also taking over this project for the 31xx from Monfro? I am hoping that the sound now works???

Thanks,
Mike T

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
Hi sevenup30, I know you did the build for the 51xx, are you also taking over this project for the 31xx from Monfro? I am hoping that the sound now works???

Thanks,
Mike T

Hi, i talked to tuxafgmur and i decide to build for p311x since they are extremely the same.
Monfro try to port the build, and a port is not the same result as a build, so i hope you ll enjoy the rom. On p5110 it s working very well .

Sound should be working i can t try myself . but previous user dont report bug about sound.

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Hi, i talked to tuxafgmur and i decide to build for p311x since they are extremely the same.
Monfro try to port the build, and a port is not the same result as a build, so i hope you ll enjoy the rom. On p5110 it s working very well .

Sound should be working i can t try myself . but previous user dont report bug about sound.

Well, thank you for this, I tried Monfro's build and really liked it, very smooth and clean looking rom but sound wasn't working. I look forward to using this rom and thanks again for bringing it to the 311x.

Mike T

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012
Wow. An update. Right after i post that i am waiting for one. lol.
I will try this later.

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012
When changing transparency to 0 and back to 100% the entire devices locks up at 50%. Also how can you get rid of the trasparent nav bar?

manfio

Jul 4, 2011
Leiria
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
How can i change the OC to set on boot?

i havê the tab with 1480mhz, and i want to set to 1200...

If i change in performance to 1200 and ser the option to set on boot, it dont work and back to 1480 ever time...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
How can i change the OC to set on boot?

i havê the tab with 1480mhz, and i want to set to 1200...

If i change in performance to 1200 and ser the option to set on boot, it dont work and back to 1480 ever time...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the Performance Control is buggy. Last night I had all sorts of trouble with my tab (P3113) either constantly freezing or rebooting. I did a complete wipe before installing, I even downloaded the rom again and re-installed but still the same issues.

Then I went into settings and saw that in Performance Control, my tab was at 1480 default max and probably my CPU couldn't take that setting. So, I changed it to 1200, set it to on boot and the freezing/rebooting stopped. However, a bit later I got another freeze and when I checked Performance Control, it was back to 1480.

I unchecked set on boot in Performance Control, downloaded No Frills CPU (free from Play Store) and set my tab to 300/1200 and all the freezing/rebooting has stopped. I always liked No Frills CPU, really excellent app.

Mike T

bluecarbon

Jan 9, 2013
I believe the Performance Control is buggy. Last night I had all sorts of trouble with my tab (P3113) either constantly freezing or rebooting. I did a complete wipe before installing, I even downloaded the rom again and re-installed but still the same issues.

Then I went into settings and saw that in Performance Control, my tab was at 1480 default max and probably my CPU couldn't take that setting. So, I changed it to 1200, set it to on boot and the freezing/rebooting stopped. However, a bit later I got another freeze and when I checked Performance Control, it was back to 1480.

I unchecked set on boot in Performance Control, downloaded No Frills CPU (free from Play Store) and set my tab to 300/1200 and all the freezing/rebooting has stopped. I always liked No Frills CPU, really excellent app.

Mike T

I agree, i have had to do that on other ROMs.

For some reason i cant even get this ROM to boot. Ill have to try and DL it again later. Perhaps, it was just a bad DL, because i see others are able to get it to boot and i have no probs with other ROMs, so that would be my guess.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Thanks , could you give me a logcat ?
For home button you could try remap it in settings carbon navbar and choose action for home button.

Same issue, and couldn't remap. I also had to flash kk's landscape kernel to get it to boot. I went back to a back up. Ill retry later, when i have more time. I'm not by my PC, so i can't get a log cat, as i only know how to do it via adb.

manfio

Jul 4, 2011
Leiria
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
My tab with 1480mhz don't have any freeze, the only thing is the heating when I'm playing real racing... It's very stable.
I'm going test that app from market. Thanks for the help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using P.A.C_V22

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
I agree, i have had to do that on other ROMs.

For some reason i cant even get this ROM to boot. Ill have to try and DL it again later. Perhaps, it was just a bad DL, because i see others are able to get it to boot and i have no probs with other ROMs, so that would be my guess.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Same issue, and couldn't remap. I also had to flash kk's landscape kernel to get it to boot. I went back to a back up. Ill retry later, when i have more time. I'm not by my PC, so i can't get a log cat, as i only know how to do it via adb.

I also had a heckuva' time getting it to initially boot. it would hang and than after a hard reset, would make it into the OS and either freeze or reboot. If you can successfully get it to boot into the OS, immediately change the CPU in Performance control to max 1200 and then get an app like No Frills and lock it in. That seemed to stabilize it for me. I also skipped setting up wifi on the initial startup, as that also seemed to hang my tab, setting up wifi after successfully getting into the OS was fine. But, I still think it all had to do with my GPU defaulting at 1480.

I had no issues with the home button on P3113.

Mike T

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

My tab with 1480mhz don't have any freeze, the only thing is the heating when I'm playing real racing... It's very stable.
I'm going test that app from market. Thanks for the help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using P.A.C_V22

Good idea to get No Frills or something similar for your CPU, as it doesn't look like built-in Performance Control is keeping the settings. Hopefully, sevenup30 will check it out. But, good rom anyway.

Mike T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial Carbon Rom Built by Sevenup30 & Tuxafgmur

What is Carbon rom ?
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that on some devices the kernel is not yet linaro compiled.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11

BigShotRob

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

ToxicThunder

winner00

Our next goal is to put together a build machine, and we need your help. Why do we need a server? Well, a few reasons. The first is the most obvious - we'd like to build more frequently and need the hardware to support it. That means drive space and speed. The more of each we have, the more we can say "hey let's crank out a build," and throw it up on goo so you see an update in goomanager. Right now, building is a pretty intensive all-day process. The second reason is stability. Building from a development machine means that the environment itself is less stable. This translates into, again, fewer builds and more work to make them. Faster building means we can build for more devices, too. All this free time means we can do more cool stuff. We've got a lot of great ideas coming, and every bit of time we can get to work on them means a better rom for you. If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

FEATURES:

Built with Dhollmen Kernel
    Smooth & really fast !
    Carbon rom includes:
    Dark Carbon (invert rom without reboot thanks to slim dev for that)
    Pie Control(Thanks ParanoidAndroid for that)
    Phone / Phablet / Tablet UI
    LockScreen options
    StatusBar & NavBar options
    Xposed Framework (edit per app dpi in settings original thread

Much more tweaks.

INSTALL
    First , Full wipe(if coming from other rom, no need if coming from previous carbon build)
    Flash Carbon rom
    Flash Gapps

DOWNLOAD:
    Unofficial Carbon 9august
    GAPPS

old version:
    Unofficial Carbon p311x old version

CHANGELOG
    Official Carbon Changelog
    ***9 august***
    ***15 july***
    update to carbon source
    update dhollmen kernel
    note:
    Halo still missing, dont know if it really works on 7" tabs, i'll dig it and try to give it to you in next release guys.

***22 may***
    Updated to Carbon source
    Updated Dhollmen Kernel
    ***10 April***
    Fix OC unstable due to libs.
    Update from carbon source
    ***8 April***
    Updated to Carbon Source
    Built with Google Toolchain
    Built with DhollmenKernel (no need to flash it after)
    super fast !!!!!!!
    Hey guys!
    Sorry for being away long time, but I'm in exams time atm. As i just reply back to tuxafgmur, I face some issue compiling but it should be fixed now.

For those who's following carbon work, many many changes have been done.

PA hybrid have been implemented then removed.

For thoses who want a changelog you can find it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zcp6iVWVw_7iH-ErnKgkYy3r5QuqV8PHFoQMb8hoBwQ/mobilebasic?pli=1

So now what's going on?
    I'll try build latest release with dhollmen kernel up to date, and give it to you ;)
    OP Updated
    ***9 august***

Well guys it's been a long time :D, but it was necessary.
    For those who don't follow the p5110 thread,

Tuxafgmur and I are working together on carbon. To make it short, we made a github for the Gtab2 (all variants) and are working to build for the 4 tabs. Atm, the p3100 & p5100 are not ready yet, but will be soon, we want to be sure that everything's working with p5110 & p3110.

So this last build include HALO))) from ParanoidAndroid Team, Ribbons V2 from AOKP and all settings you love from CARBON.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING THE LAST BUILD
    why? Because just for remember you, we don't have a p3110 so we can't be sure the rom is working, it should be since it's the same as p5110 but we never know.

Plus a full wipe is recommended/required if your coming from previous carbon rom, user had issue without wiping on p5110. You can use NandroidManager (free app from playstore which allow you to restore your apps+data from a recovery backup).

Well, i hope everythings working and you'll enjoy the rom!

PS: Don't forget to thanks or buy a drink to tuxafgmur, this is our work now!
    Hi dev ... any carbon rom for p3100 ... ???

Yes.

We are work hard and I hope soon we'll upload both versions.
    Thus work in 3100??? Anyone tried?

Sent from my GT-I9505

no, sorry i don't build for p3100 I had issue with data in the past and i don't have a 3100 on my own, sorry.

OP updated
    ***15 july***
    update to carbon source
    update dhollmen kernel
    note:
    Halo still missing, dont know if it really works on 10" tabs, i'll dig it and try to give it to you in next release guys.