Converting Virgin Mobile to Sprint banner in firmware.Permanent Solution

Search This thread

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
thanks worked back to sprint banners on everything but in legal information in setting its still saying Virgin Mobile legal instead of Sprint Legal. But thanks for the fix

p3tr0s

thanks worked back to sprint banners on everything but in legal information in setting its still saying Virgin Mobile legal instead of Sprint Legal. But thanks for the fix

Are you running the ics leak? That legal part is probably part of that rom

Damn.... Explicit beat me to it.

As info, I'm running meanrom on 2.3.4 and I have sprint legal even though I flashed the vm firmware.

Last edited:

Smac7

Feb 15, 2009
so, if i did the downgrade posted in the other thread ("simple guide v2", the pri downgrade and whatnot) is this the last thing will complete a full downgrade? or are there more things stored deeper in the phone that will be vigin mobile still?

I'm not quite so antsy to get rid of virgin mobile stuff now that everything seems to be working properly. The only thing right now i'm worried about now is the resale value of my phone. I'll be upgrading soon.

jlechner

Jan 23, 2008
Kansas City
so, if i did the downgrade posted in the other thread ("simple guide v2", the pri downgrade and whatnot) is this the last thing will complete a full downgrade? or are there more things stored deeper in the phone that will be vigin mobile still?

I'm not quite so antsy to get rid of virgin mobile stuff now that everything seems to be working properly. The only thing right now i'm worried about now is the resale value of my phone. I'll be upgrading soon.

There is more. This is for banners.

Sent from my Sprint/Virgin Mobile hybrid

Reactions: Smac7

vin255764

Dec 24, 2008
Seattle,WA
After more tests the results is:
-1 to downgrade to original sprint firmware including PRI (I can write tut if anybody want me to).I guess this step is painfull for some people.I did it twice via hands-free activation..
-2 use VM firmware as is (with Virgin Mobile banner)
-3 use VM firmware and attachment from post #1

all 3 options can be used any time (atleast I can lol)

Reactions: erick1499

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok,seems like there are so many people who flashed Virgin Mobile firmware and hate their banner which sticks even after 2.17 RUU.

I solved this problen with hex editor.Technically it is still VM firmware.If you had issues with original VM firmware,this will not fix anything on your phone

Sprint data and roam data works fine (before and after),so I'll share it with you guys

WARNING:YOUR PHONE=YOUR FAULT

Windows users:
    1)Flash ENG HBOOT (included and thank you xHausX)
    2)Connect phone to PC and enter to fastboot
    3)Extract attached contents
    4)Run FlashMeBaby.exe LOL
    TYPE:
    Code:
    fastboot flash rcdata rcdata.img
    in return you should see something like:
    sending 'rcdata' (133 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.238s]
    writing 'rcdata'...
    OKAY [ 0.466s]
    finished. total time: 0.705s
    5)Done,reboot device and use it normally
    6)To verify your banner will be changed to Sprint and PRI version will be 1.53_VIN
    7)Hit "Thanks" button :)

Changing 1.53_VIN back to 1.42_003 is a different story.
    Important to use HTC-Signed 2.17 ROM (RUU or PG86IMG.zip).Link to 2.17 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21593454&postcount=564

Full Virgin>Sprint video
    Uploading 30min full video.
    Phone was on Sprint with PRI 1.42_003.Started recording during VM firmware flash (VM zip without hboot originally posted by Freeza).
    Will be live in 1 hour probably @
    http://youtu.be/SIRfQjoKuTk

So glad I never updated firmware.

Good to know those who did finally have a solution.

Will this in theory fix everyone's 3g issues

Sent from my EVO One 3D using the XDA Premium App.
    Nope,to fix 3g (if they had this problem),they must flash 2.17 RUU.After that this method will kill Virgin Mobile
    That's cool but it's not a true fix. custom banners won't work and it's still vm firmware
    Ok, guys,I moved to GSM,got Galaxy Note,wanted One X,but its almost the same as my Sensation..
    ##786# is nothing but a "Down-Switch",can be used to change PRI version down,it is a Command restoring previously flashed rcdata and its number.

For example if I flash using fastboot rcdata from 2.08, it is 1.24_003,and after reboot all have to do is use ##786# to activate it.
    Think of it as
    {fastboot flash rcdata rcdata.img}={ready to use just tell me when }
    {##786#}={use it right now}

This works for downgrade down to 1.24_003.
    I went all the way down to 1.16_003 from 1.13 rom with 1 extra step- flashed rcdata with version. 0.00_000.Radio had no choice and usedpreviously flashed rfg_1 from 1_13 ROM
    Then watched how its upgrading after every ota update up to 1.42_003