***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

Rev10eight

Dec 13, 2012
Ill try

Probably a rom related issue as that's never been a problem for me. Have you asked in the rom thread?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Not yet. Thought I would try here first, Q&A. Ill copy past question in there rom post.
Cant post there, too few posts. Not eligible yet. Ill try again after 10 post.

Last edited:

5ft24

Apr 21, 2011
Mount Vernon
TitaniumBackup, ROM Toolbox, Helium, OBackup, and a million others will do that job for you.

Well, seems obackup is just a nandroid... I can do those in CWM. They are fine to restore my current rom. Helium doesn't seem to cover it either. TB is what I use for apps, bit if I backup system, then restore to a different rom, it causes all kinds of issues... I want to be able to backup the email and network settings so I don't have to manually re-enter them when I flash a new rom. I have quite a few accounts so it is really a pain to have to do it manually.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread for all you SG-SIII Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your SG-SIII device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE SG-SIII COMMUNITY will gladly help!
    Wow.. great idea for a thread and THANK YOU!!

Perfect timing too cause i need a little help please.

I am not new to android but new to samsung (WOW, didnt realize it would be so different from HTC ont he rooting and flashing side of things).

Long story short. I have a tmo s3. Bought it today and wanted to root. phone was working perfectly as it shoudl on stock rom unrooted. I downloaded the tool kit v7, used that to root adn install TWRP and rebooted into the stock rom that is now rooted. Still everything working perfect.
    Here is what i did next and where the issues start.

Downloaded Synergy r290, went to recovery.
    Wiped Cache, Dalvik, Data, and System (made a backup first)
    flashed the rom and rebooted to system

However, nothing ever happened. I see the samsung logo, then all goes black and nothing happens (left it there for 10min)

I cant seem to get back into recovery holding vol up, home and power either and have no adb access to use that. I AM able to get into download mode which i know i can fix my problem here with odin, but i am just not sure what to flash and where.

Is there an easier way??

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you absolutely can't get into recovery to restore your backup..

Flash the UVDLJA root66 file in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1949687 via odin. You will have the latest UVDLJA JB update, and will be rooted. From there, install goo manager from the play store to flash TWRP.

After that you're all set to flash whatever you want (just make sure it's for the Tmobile s3).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok, easy enough, but do i put that in the PDA field in Odin or phone?

This sounds MUCh easier than what i thought i would have to do.. thanks a ton!

Just upload the file to PDA and hit start. Make sure to let it finish completely, once the phone reboots, it's done.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks alot guys!!
    got it up and running
    ill be more careful from now on to make sure im flashing the right gapps!!!!
    ok i found the new version for twrp

but cant seem to find adb shell does anyone have a link for this?

Extract the twrp8.img from the zip file to your sdcard. Open terminal on your phone and type "su" then hit enter. Type "dd if=/sdcard/twrp8.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18" andd hit enter. Let it do it's thing and type "reboot recovery" and you should restart into the new recovery.

Its easier that ADB specially if you don't know what ADB is.

Edit: replace twrp8.IMG with the name of the one you downloaded
    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2