Building Paranoid AOSPA 3+ on xUbuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail UPDATED FOR PA 3.95!

Search This thread

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
UPDATE [2013.08.10]: IN ORDER TO BUILD PARANOID 3.95+ [ANDROID 4.3] SUBSTITUTE THE FOLLOWING IN REPO INIT COMMAND: jb43-legacy so that it replaces the jellybean-legacy on the very end. IF YOU HAVE A REPO ALREADY I AM SORRY TO SAY YOU WILL NEED TO ESSENTIALLY HOSE THE WHOLE THING [DELETE IT] AND RUN REPO INIT FROM SCRATCH, BUT YOU ARE ALREADY ALL SET NO OTHER CHANGES NEED BE MADE JUST DELETE IT ALL [DONT FORGET .repo] AND START AGAIN FROM FIRST REPO INIT ON...

Repo Init Line for building Paranoid 3.95 [Android 4.3]
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/manifest.git -b jb43-legacy

YOU WILL NEED TO USE NEWER GAPPS AND PARANOID PREFS [FROM OFFICIAL 3.95]:

PA PREFS - OFFICIAL PARANOID 3.95 [Yes it's on Google Docs, but from official channels I promise]

4.3 GAPPS [takes you to goo.im repo and just be sure to choose 4.3 version]

Folks,
I took the time to delve in to ROM source compilation and after months of researching multiple guides and installing everything from the ground up countless times I can now bring you a Nexus 7 specific guide updated for xUbuntu [or any Debian really] 13.04. My guides Java steps have it fully integrate in to the OS now so it DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE AND DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF JAVA INSTALLED IT WON'T HURT A THING :)!

So here goes, and I will be editing and all as I go:

I would just like to share results from my recent testing with xUbuntu Raring 13.04 [with pre-release updates included]...
Just ran sync and build from scratch for a Grouper early this morning!
I use an Intel i5 8G RAM and xUbuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail 64-bit [host OS not VM this time, but host or guest in a VM, either way is the same guide :) ]
Compile Time: ~ 60 - 70 min as host OS or ~120-130 Min if I set this up as VM [same Machine with Windows as host].

I know some of the information I list toward the end may be a little long for "power users" and may be a little out of sync [not exactly in line with file examples, but I believe with only a tiny bit of effort to note how to adjust for your own directories and locations you are good to go [which is rather easy if you take your time and be patient with it]. I will continue to update and streamline this as best as I can moving forward. PLEASE if you have CONSTRUCTIVE input drop me a PM or reply with your thoughts and experiences and I will incorporate what is needed.

I had to use this and other guides to basically put together a working build environment.

Here are the deps I used, I had to remove the last entry for the webgtk from the OPs listing] and had to add the 4 on the end relating to gcc++ and included deps as instructed via apt-get when I tried installing others adding one missing package it asked for each time so it's as small as I can make it at this time roughly an 880M download if I remember correctly [sorry fast fast internet here so download sizes don't bother me, but I did take it in to consideration for this guide].

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 libc6-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc readline-common libreadline6-dev libreadline6 lib32readline-gplv2-dev libncurses5-dev lib32readline5 lib32readline6 libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev:i386   libreadline6:i386 bzip2 libbz2-dev libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev lib32bz2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool gcc-multilib g++-4.7-multilib gcc-4.7-multilib

That should be good for a copy/paste if not add / to the begining of each line [not including the first with sudo skip that] and let me know I can update. Nevermind it remains one long line just copy then hold shift and ctrl and tap v in terminal window to paste as-is.

Android-51 Rules file for allowing device access to user accounts:
First open said file. Keep in mind you can use any text editor such as leafpad, mousepad or even console based nano if you prefer just use sudo nano not gksudo and gksu works the same and is used for any graphical app to CORRECTLY obtain sudo [you can still use sudo at times but will end up breaking it in some instances so be aware of which to use where]:

$ gksudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

For those used to previous Paranoid source guides will not some differences. This android file is grabbed from AOSP directions and allows granular control of which user is allowed to access which device which is a much more secure way to enable hardware divce access [if you share the system should a non Android versed person be allowed to run ADB commands and possibly damage your device? Just replace the <username> bit with the username who needs access and then copy/paste it down the list. This ios a LINUX requirement so see documentation on probing and adding USB access for a device to find out more on adding new devices not in this listing:
Code:
# Change <username> at end of each device line with the username who 
# will access said device
# adb protocol on passion (Nexus One)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e12", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on passion (Nexus One)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0fff", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# adb protocol on crespo/crespo4g (Nexus S)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e22", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on crespo/crespo4g (Nexus S)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e20", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# adb protocol on stingray/wingray (Xoom)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTR{idProduct}=="70a9", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on stingray/wingray (Xoom)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="708c", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# adb protocol on maguro/toro (Galaxy Nexus)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="6860", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on maguro/toro (Galaxy Nexus)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e30", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# adb protocol on panda (PandaBoard)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d101", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on panda (PandaBoard)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d022", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# usbboot protocol on panda (PandaBoard)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d00f", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# usbboot protocol on panda (PandaBoard ES)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d010", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# adb protocol on grouper/tilapia (Nexus 7)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e42", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on grouper/tilapia (Nexus 7)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e40", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# adb protocol on manta (Nexus 10)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee2", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
# fastboot protocol on manta (Nexus 10)
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee0", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"

Now we need to set permissions on said file:
$ sudo chmod U+R /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

When I followed the ln -s bit after the dependency download list at top of most other guides I have found in last few run throughs starting from a complete scratch system that the link already existed. If you get the file already exists message continue on and count that as good to go.

After that here is for the Nexus 7 [Grouper] Local_Manifest.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="ParanoidAndroid/android_device_asus_grouper" path="device/asus/grouper" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_asus" path="vendor/asus" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_broadcom" path="vendor/broadcom" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_elan" path="vendor/elan" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_invensense" path="vendor/invensense" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_nvidia" path="vendor/nvidia" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_nxp" path="vendor/nxp" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_widevine" path="vendor/widevine" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
</manifest>

Now comes the AWESOME part of my post HOW TO INSTALL JAVA 6 ALONGSIDE ANY AND ALL EXISTING JAVAs ON YOUR UBUNTU [prolly any Debian]!
No Longer do you need to ensure you have only Oracle Java 6 JDK installed and nothing else, but you can have any and as many java versions as you want with this guide! So skip the part in any guide about sudo apt-get purge blah it won't hurt you to have Open JDK or Iced Tea or GCJ just use the reconfigure --java as listed below before running rom-build to ensure it is the Oracle JDK selected.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go obviously adapt the .bashrc and .profile as I have here note you can use any directory structure you desire really.

I will list how to download the 32-bit AND 64-bit versions. Read past the first section of downloading 32-bit to get to the 64-bit relatede link]
[using code tags to hopefully save some room on post let me know if I need to format it up instead]

Code:
Manual method
	oracle java 6 jre 32-bit
$ wget http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u34-b04/jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin

$ chmod u+x jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin

$ ./jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin

$ sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/jvm

$ sudo mv jre1.6.0_34 /usr/lib/jvm/

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_34/bin/java" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so" "mozilla-javaplugin.so" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_34/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javaws" "javaws" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_34/bin/javaws" 1
or

oracle java 6 jdk 64-bit
$ wget --no-cookies --header "Cookie: gpw_e24=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oracle.com%2F" http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u45-b06/jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin

$ chmod u+x jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin

$ ./jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin

$ sudo mv jdk1.6.0_45 /opt

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/java" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javac" "javac" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/javac" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so" "mozilla-javaplugin.so" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javaws" "javaws" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/javaws" 1

IMPORTANT*choose the java you installed as default
$ sudo update-alternatives --config java

$ sudo update-alternatives --config javac

$ sudo update-alternatives --config mozilla-javaplugin.so

$ sudo update-alternatives --config javaws

Optionally you can set a JAVA_HOME env variable:

export _JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/

Choosing the default Java to use

If your system has more than one version of Java, configure which one your system uses by entering the following command in a terminal window

sudo update-alternatives --config java

This will present you with a selection 
In Androids case the following line should be used [be sure it is the same number as listed yours may differ]:

*1 /opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/java 1 manual mode
After that I use the following .Bashrc lines at the end of the file:
Code:
# gedit ~/.bashrc 
# or 
# nano ~/.bashrc 
# should suffice should gdit not work and you are unsure.  
# ^ means the ctrl key when file opens in nano and you see 
# quick access commands listed along the bottom of screen] 
# so ctrl+o = ^o for saving file and ^x=ctrl+x for eXit.
## Changes to .bashrc won't take effect until you save
## close all terminal windows and open a new terminal window
### Begin copy (could copy all this box if you wish to maintain notes) ###
# Java PATHs
export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
# Android tools
# I have used a custom directory to move the SDK and my Bin to
# Use ~/bin in place of last entry ~/ just starts in your home dir so same goes
# if sdk is in /home/user/android-sdk/ use ~/android-sdk :) have fun
export PATH=${PATH}:/storage/android/sdk/tools
export PATH=${PATH}:/storage/android/sdk/platform-tools
export PATH=${PATH}:/storage/android/bin/
### End Copy I leave extra blank line at the end usually so hit enter after paste ###
Now I will do the .profile use the same gedit scheme as above but use .profile in place of .bashrc this time.
Again, I use a custom scheme base of /storage/android/paranoid-legacy note how : [colon] is used to separate new entries and the same ~/ rule applies here as well:
Code:
## Changes to .profile won't take effect until you save
### BEGIN Copy (could copy all this box if you wish to maintain note) ###
PATH="/storage/android/sdk/tools:/storage/android/sdk/platform-tools:/storage/android/bin:$PATH"
### END Copy ###

Now follow the OP where it has you create the ~/bin [or wherever you want it do a sudo mkdir -p /storage/bin and then sudo chown <your linux username> -R /storage (this would create the bin in storage and -p means create /storage if it doesn't exist and then bin (normally in linux if /storage was not there it would not create the bin direcotry as you are asking it until storage is there first. -p does this for you) so just create it where you want. Just update the bin reference in .bashrc and in .profile as well. CHANGES to .profile AND .bashrc DONT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL YOU SAVE THEM AND THEN OPEN A BRAND NEW TERMINAL WINDOW]

Curl the repo python script to this directory you chose
Give it the right permissions [example]:
Code:
$ curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
update .profile to include new bin [if not done above or you just now wish to change it since you copied the above edits]
update .bashrc as to also include new bin location [if not done above or you just now wish to change it since you copied the above edits]
close all terminal windows that are open
open new terminal window
type android hit enter
- you should see the Android SDK GUI start up in a min or 2 if everything is good
to ensure sdk paths are good and download the Android Tools and I suggest any versions of android that correspond to the Android version that you are compiling Paranoid for [I download 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 cause my phone is on 2.53 until I learn to fix that (a T-mobile Galaxy S2 Hercules if anyone can help get it running newest paranoid versions cause it can surely handle it)].

After Android SDK downloads complete
paste the following in to terminal window [ctrl+shift+v] and hit enter. BE SURE YOU ARE IN THE FOLDER YOU WISH TO DOWN PARANOID SOURCE TO BEFORE RUNNING.
If it stops saying the identity blah blah blah just follow on-screen instructions and run something to the effect of git-config --user.email "you@blah.com" [I suggest GMail easier for git tasks if you wish to contribute
and the -user.name "your name"

Use the quotes and I may be slightly off but again if you read the screen it will ask you to run those 2 commands to establish your identity if it is needed.

After you do run the same command a second time to fully complete the repo init. find the .repo folder within your designated paranoid folder and add the Local_Manifest.xml

type repo sync and hit enter after repo init completes successfully and wait awhile for a rather large download of source code.

Restart System if you wish to be overly cautious and ensure everything takes

To Initialize the Repo [in any directory just run the repo init from the directory where you want ALL the source downloaded to BEFORE running repo init! DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU]:
Code:
$ cd system [or whatever your directory is for housing source and running compiles from]
$ repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/manifest.git -b jellybean-legacy
Now you should be able to run repo syc and get a full sync for grouper!
Just do so before and you will have newest updates to Paranoid Source applied. Then ./rom-build grouper clean and it will not need to go through entering manufacturer and waiting again for those sources since you did the full Local_Manifest [FOR GROUPER OBVIOUSLY FIND YOUR OWN DEVICE TREES FOR OTHERS PLEASE I still need to get my S2 trees and getting the code for Paranoid and all so I am not a repository of local_manifest entries I am sorry in advance.

I just ran a successful compile against the fresh sync from this setup early this morning in 68 Min. I am using xUbuntu 13.04 64-bit on an Intel i5 with 8 Gigs of super top of the line DDR3 [still need more when I get to it LoL].

I hope this helps I know I love the java guide here as it allows you to still install other java setups that apps you install otherwise may want, but you just use the reconfigure --java as listed above after installing any new versions of Java [they may hijack the default setup on install] and you are good to go!

This has taken me MANY attempts and much reading and tinkering to get to this point, so please I hope it helps others as I could not have done it without the help of other guides as a base for their setups, so this is my giving back to the community for it's helping me THANK YOU one and all who provide free information too others in their free time I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH, THANK YOU

Last note: there have been times I have been stopped from building not because my information or setup wa off, but due to the occasional error introduced in to the code base after repo syncs. I had to Google the one where it bailed on frameworks to find a manual edit around that. Since then [this setup I wrote this on] I had deleted everything did a fresh setup, repo sync and ./rom-build.sh grouper clean and it built in 68 min without me editing anything so for now it should be good.

Last edited:

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
KNOWN ISSUES AND FIXES
AS OF 2013.08.09 I didn't notice as I usually go through building vendor files from google blobs and scripts, but it looks like the vendor files and the props coming from the cm 10.2 branches is failing with the following:

Code:
fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/cm-10.2
Unexpected end of command stream
Fetching projects:  99% (354/357)  fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/cm-10.2
error: Cannot fetch TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_elan
error: Cannot fetch TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_nvidia
You could begin at the google props and manually download and place in vendor/asus and the other affected directories to manually fix this, just be sure to get the 4.3 related files.

Google Mirror for their device Prop files

UPDATE [2013.07.15]: I have been experiencing another build breaking issue much like the one below again now for past 2 days [been a bit since last compile don't knoiw EXACTLY when it started]. I am restarting my local repo from scratch and building again in a bit today and will report either hopefully a fix or some further information.[

Answer to yesterday's update [2013.07.15] Being posted on 2013.07.16:
I am not EXCTLY sure what the problem that I was having very recently. I did multiple syncs and saw a couple bbranches move from bllah/paranoid to github/paranoid-legacy as well as some insertion and deletes on a couple others. After the updates I tried multiple times to do a clean build with NO success. I ended up deleting my entire local repo and running the repo init command again on my directory and running a sync from a clean directory and after that completed I was able to build a Grouper device build yesterday evening.

SO, IF you have had a longstanding local repo you have been working with, and after running repo syncs successfull, AND you are SILL UNABLE to successfully build a zip, then... Do as I did; just completely DELETE [including the hidden .repo directory don't miss that [generally ctrl+h when a file manager is open eithier shows or hides hidden .directories]. Then just run the repo init command and then run:

Code:
repo init <BLAH [copy/paste repo init command here]>;repo sync;./rom-build.sh grouper clean

If you have had the repo before the git setup portion is done and it should be able to do the init, full sync, and run a build after clearing the intermediate files that are left over anywhere from pervious builds. This will prolly only happen if you had a previous repo running as woth a default setup you will need to do the git config to setup the user infos and then do asus after first run of ./rom-build grouper clean to download the device files before you can run a build.

Linux Proficiency Note
---
Semi-colon [;] applies as a linux trick it means to wait for the preceeding command to finish BEFORE running the next command in turn

As of today when I ran repo sync and it completed I ran a clean build with no fixes. I will leave what's here incase someone find out useful until space is needed 2013.06.17
If you get a string of errors toward the end of the compile that look similar to the code box below then try the following fixes [in yet another code box below the first :)].

Issue as it appears
Code:
 '/storage/android/paranoid-legacy/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...
W/ResourceType(14218): Bad XML block: header size 2149 or total size 151825616 is larger than data size 0
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/caller_in_conference.xml:36: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_split_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/caller_in_conference.xml:98: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_end_call_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/caller_in_conference.xml:98: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_1_no_vm_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:38: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_2_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:41: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_3_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:49: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_4_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:52: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_5_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:55: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_6_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:63: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_7_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:66: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_8_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:69: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_9_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:77: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_star_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:80: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_0_no_plus_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:83: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_pound_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:48: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_delete').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:70: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:78: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:78: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:47: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_delete').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:59: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/extra_button_row.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background_opaque').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/extra_button_row.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_groups_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/extra_button_row.xml:60: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_screen.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/background_dial_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:72: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_end_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:72: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:83: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:109: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_dialpad').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:124: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_audio').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:135: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_mute').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:149: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_hold').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:155: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_incall_switch_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:169: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:178: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:189: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_block_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:218: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'handleDrawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:79: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:93: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_audio').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:111: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_mute').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:128: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_hold').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:137: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_incall_switch_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:156: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_dialpad').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:172: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:184: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:204: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_end_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:204: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:228: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'handleDrawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:80: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:93: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_hold').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:102: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_incall_switch_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:122: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_mute').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:140: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_audio').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:159: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_dialpad').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:175: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:187: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:201: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_end_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:201: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:225: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'handleDrawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/otacall_card.xml:60: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/green_divider').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/otacall_card.xml:171: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableLeft' with value '@drawable/ic_btn_back').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/otacall_card.xml:184: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableRight' with value '@drawable/ic_btn_next').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/pref_dialog_editphonenumber.xml:51: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_see_contacts_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/secondary_call_info.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/clickable_dim_effect').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_selector_disabled_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_selector_disabled_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_call_pressed').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_call_pressed').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:29: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_focused_holo').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:39: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:48: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_more_indicator_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:72: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_bluetooth_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:79: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_handset_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:85: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_speakerphone_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:91: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_off_speakerphone_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_pressed_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_selector_focused_and_checked').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_focused_holo').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_active_state_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_dialpad.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_dialpad.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dialpad_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_hold.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_hold.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_hold_pause_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_mute.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_mute.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_mute_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/clickable_dim_effect.xml:20: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_pressed_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/dialpad_background.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_background_texture').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/dialpad_background_opaque.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_background_texture').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/endcall_disable').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/endcall_active').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/endcall_background_texture').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:41: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle.xml:20: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_normal_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated_layer.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_normal_layer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_normal_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated_layer.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_normal_layer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_normal_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated_layer.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_normal_layer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/list_selector_focused_and_checked.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_active_state_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/list_selector_focused_and_checked.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_focused_holo').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_ab_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:31: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_ab_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_bluetooth_holo_dark').
make: *** [/storage/android/paranoid-legacy/out/target/product/grouper/obj/APPS/Phone_intermediates/package.apk] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `/storage/android/paranoid-legacy/out/target/product/grouper/obj/APPS/Phone_intermediates/package.apk'
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Total time elapsed: 63 minutes (3786.647661380 seconds)

The FIX [KEEP IN MIND THAT ANY REPO SYNC WILL CAUSE YOU TO HAVE TO RE-APPLY THE FIXES AFTER THE SYNC COMPLETES UNTIL THE REPO ITSELF IS FIXED:
Code:
cd packages/apps/Phone
git reset --hard 6033a2870

This will get reset by another repo sync. 

Another heads up. There is a code change in frameworks/base that depends on halo sources. 
You'll have to comment out line 1617 in packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar.java 
to avoid a problem.

Last edited:

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Thank you!!! :)

Makes it easier to bring more custom ROMs over to my beloved HP Touchpad. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks, and new issue may stop compile until code issue is resolved in the repo...

Well I am glad to see others finding this useful. Took me tons of time and trial and error to get the process nailed. I did hit a problem yesterday after a repo sync it appears there was another issue that breaks the building, It has nothing to do with the guide here it is an issue with the code [they have been working through some issues with bugs and what not breaking compiles recently].

I am going to check back on my post alerting them to the issues and try again today to do a sync and compile and will report back.

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Fix for possible compile issue

If you get a string of errors toward the end of the compile that look similar to the code box below then try the following fixes [in yet another code box below the first :)].

Issue as it appears
Code:
 '/storage/android/paranoid-legacy/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Bluetooth_intermediates/classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...
W/ResourceType(14218): Bad XML block: header size 2149 or total size 151825616 is larger than data size 0
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/caller_in_conference.xml:36: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_split_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/caller_in_conference.xml:98: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_end_call_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/caller_in_conference.xml:98: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_1_no_vm_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:38: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_2_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:41: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_3_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:49: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_4_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:52: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_5_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:55: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_6_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:63: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_7_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:66: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_8_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:69: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_9_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:77: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_star_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:80: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_0_no_plus_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/dialpad.xml:83: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_num_pound_wht').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:48: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_delete').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:70: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:78: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/emergency_dialer.xml:78: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:47: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_delete').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:59: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/emergency_dialer.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_action_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/extra_button_row.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background_opaque').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/extra_button_row.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_groups_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/extra_button_row.xml:60: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_screen.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/background_dial_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:72: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_end_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:72: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:83: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:109: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_dialpad').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:124: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_audio').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:135: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_mute').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:149: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_hold').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:155: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_incall_switch_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:169: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:178: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:189: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_block_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/incall_touch_ui.xml:218: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'handleDrawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:79: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:93: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_audio').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:111: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_mute').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:128: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_hold').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:137: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_incall_switch_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:156: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_dialpad').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:172: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:184: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:204: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_end_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:204: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml:228: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'handleDrawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:80: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dialpad_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:93: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_hold').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:102: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_incall_switch_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:122: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_mute').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:140: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_audio').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:159: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_dialpad').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:175: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_add_contact_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:187: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_merge_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:201: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dial_end_call').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:201: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/end_call_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui_cdma.xml:225: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'handleDrawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/otacall_card.xml:60: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/green_divider').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/otacall_card.xml:171: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableLeft' with value '@drawable/ic_btn_back').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/otacall_card.xml:184: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableRight' with value '@drawable/ic_btn_next').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/pref_dialog_editphonenumber.xml:51: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_see_contacts_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/layout/secondary_call_info.xml:37: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/clickable_dim_effect').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_selector_disabled_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_selector_disabled_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_call_pressed').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_call_pressed').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_call.xml:29: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_focused_holo').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:39: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:48: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_more_indicator_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:72: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_bluetooth_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:79: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_handset_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:85: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_speakerphone_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_audio.xml:91: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_off_speakerphone_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_pressed_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_selector_focused_and_checked').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_focused_holo').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_background.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_active_state_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_dialpad.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_dialpad.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_dialpad_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_hold.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_hold.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_hold_pause_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_mute.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/btn_compound_mute.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_mute_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/clickable_dim_effect.xml:20: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_pressed_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/dialpad_background.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_background_texture').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/dialpad_background_opaque.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/dial_background_texture').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/endcall_disable').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/endcall_active').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/endcall_background_texture').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/end_call_background.xml:41: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/btn_compound_background').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle.xml:20: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_in_call_touch_handle_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_normal_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated_layer.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_activated').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_normal_layer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_answer_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_normal_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated_layer.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_activated').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_normal_layer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_decline_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_normal_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated_layer').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated_layer.xml:25: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_activated').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_normal_layer.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_lockscreen_text_normal').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/list_selector_focused_and_checked.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/ic_active_state_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/drawable/list_selector_focused_and_checked.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawable' with value '@drawable/list_focused_holo').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_sound_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:28: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_ab_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:31: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_ab_dialer_holo_dark').
packages/apps/Phone/res/menu/incall_audio_mode_menu.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'icon' with value '@drawable/ic_bluetooth_holo_dark').
make: *** [/storage/android/paranoid-legacy/out/target/product/grouper/obj/APPS/Phone_intermediates/package.apk] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `/storage/android/paranoid-legacy/out/target/product/grouper/obj/APPS/Phone_intermediates/package.apk'

The FIX [KEEP IN MIND THAT ANY REPO SYNC WILL CAUSE YOU TO HAVE TO RE-APPLY THE FIXES AFTER THE SYNC COMPLETES UNTIL THE REPO ITSELF IS FIXED:
Code:
cd packages/apps/Phone

Another heads up. There is a code change in frameworks/base that depends on halo sources. 
You'll have to comment out line 1617 in packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar.java 
to avoid a problem.

I also asked when we will be allowed either A access to the Halo code to compile said functionailty in to the ROM OR if they will be releasing a flash zip that could be used to introduce Halo in to a baked ROM when the cook does not have access to their encrypted Repo [they hide the paranoid prefs code along with now the Halo code which is kinda now making it harder to build a fully working PA on your own. I hope they eventually allow access before we have people trying to reverse engineer it out and they get mad.

Last edited:
Reactions: muj123

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Guide updated, 2nd post now utilized for fixes and FAQ type materials

2nd post has now been turned in to an issues and fixes post for compilation as there is an issue you have to manually adjust for now after running repo sync to get things working [I just ran another sync and will be verifying it is still at issue but since it is at end of build will take at least 60 min just to get to that point].

I will also be using the 2nd post as a FAQ or other related helpful info.

Trying to make this a nice one stop shop for building PA3+ [and future versions] thread for good 'ol Grouper [Nexus 7 Wi-Fi only model] :)

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
Was able to run a clean build after repo sync today, so for now everything should be in working order without fixes!

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
New Build Breaking Issue [Solution is WIP] and welcome to the Open World HALO :)

UPDATE [2013.07.15]: I have been experiencing another build breaking issue much like the one listed in Post 2 already; again now for past 2 days [been a bit since last compile don't knoiw EXACTLY when it started]. I am restarting my local repo from scratch and building again in a bit today and will report either hopefully a fix or some further information. The last build I had was I believe a week ago that was successful.

Also, of note HALO has been open sourced and is available through the repos and now builds in to all builds [that it is compatible with [this INCLUDES Grouper [Nexus 7 Wi-Fi]]] YAY, Thank YOU, Paranoid Team!

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
SOLUTION to Yesterdays Issue Posting

I am not EXCTLY sure what the problem that I was having very recently. I did multiple syncs and saw a couple bbranches move from bllah/paranoid to github/paranoid-legacy as well as some insertion and deletes on a couple others. After the updates I tried multiple times to do a clean build with NO success. I ended up deleting my entire local repo and running the repo init command again on my directory and running a sync from a clean directory and after that completed I was able to build a Grouper device build yesterday evening.

SO, IF you have had a longstanding local repo you have been working with, and after running repo syncs successfull, AND you are SILL UNABLE to successfully build a zip, then... Do as I did; just completely DELETE [including the hidden .repo directory don't miss that [generally ctrl+h when a file manager is open eithier shows or hides hidden .directories]. Then just run the repo init command and then run repo sync:

Code:
repo init [copy/paste repo init command here]>;repo sync;./rom-build.sh grouper clean

Info has also been added to Post 2 for reference as well.

If you have had the repo before the git setup portion is done and it should be able to do the init, full sync, and run a build after clearing the intermediate files that are left over anywhere from pervious builds. This will prolly only happen if you had a previous repo running as woth a default setup you will need to do the git config to setup the user infos and then do asus after first run of ./rom-build grouper clean to download the device files before you can run a build.

Linux Proficiency Note
---
Semi-colon [;] applies as a linux trick it means to wait for the preceeding command to finish BEFORE running the next command in turn

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
UPDATE [2013.08.10]: IN ORDER TO BUILD PARANOID 3.95+ [ANDROID 4.3] SUBSTITUTE THE FOLLOWING IN REPO INIT COMMAND: jb43-legacy so that it replaces the jellybean-legacy on the very end. IF YOU HAVE A REPO ALREADY I AM SORRY TO SAY YOU WILL NEED TO ESSENTIALLY HOSE THE WHOLE THING [DELETE IT] AND RUN REPO INIT FROM SCRATCH, BUT YOU ARE ALREADY ALL SET NO OTHER CHANGES NEED BE MADE JUST DELETE IT ALL [DONT FORGET .repo] AND START AGAIN FROM FIRST REPO INIT ON...

Code:

PA PREFS - OFFICIAL PARANOID 3.95 [Yes it's on Google Docs, but from official channels I promise]

Last edited:

Kevinjoa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2013
Luedenscheid
kevinhoerner.de
I'm getting this error:

Code:
PAVERSION: pa_grouper-3.96-20130811
Copying overlay preferences for pa_tvdpi...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/main.py", line 414, in <module>
    _Main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/main.py", line 390, in _Main
    result = repo._Run(argv) or 0
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/main.py", line 138, in _Run
    result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/subcmds/manifest.py", line 80, in Execute
    self._Output(opt)
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/subcmds/manifest.py", line 70, in _Output
    peg_rev_upstream = opt.peg_rev_upstream)
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 268, in Save
    output_projects(None, root, sort_projects)
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 203, in output_proje
    output_project(parent, parent_node, self.projects[p])
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 226, in output_proje
    value = p.work_git.rev_parse(HEAD + '^0')
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2197, in runner
    capture_stderr = True)
  File "/home/kevin/pa_n7/.repo/repo/git_command.py", line 222, in __init__
    raise GitError('%s: %s' % (command[1], e))
error.GitError: rev-parse: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/kevin/pa_
(END)

bluecarbon

Jan 9, 2013

Code:

How did your 3.95 run? I'm having problems with mine. I was able to build 3.94 with no problems, but every 3.95 build I have made will boot, but I get a number of such and such process has stopped messages. I can not figure out what it can be. I have started from Scratch a couple of times already.

Edit: nevermind, I was able to get 3.96 to build. I ended up using just jb43, no legacy. I also was just terminating the terminal when it said end, but this time I pressed q and it built the package correctly, I had been using the ota package, which actually did work fine on the 3.94 I built. Anyways, wish I had seen this guide when I was first trying to get this going, I read like three others to piece together what I needed to do.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

RealPariah

Aug 4, 2010
How did your 3.95 run? I'm having problems with mine. I was able to build 3.94 with no problems, but every 3.95 build I have made will boot, but I get a number of such and such process has stopped messages. I can not figure out what it can be. I have started from Scratch a couple of times already.

Edit: nevermind, I was able to get 3.96 to build. I ended up using just jb43, no legacy. I also was just terminating the terminal when it said end, but this time I pressed q and it built the package correctly, I had been using the ota package, which actually did work fine on the 3.94 I built. Anyways, wish I had seen this guide when I was first trying to get this going, I read like three others to piece together what I needed to do.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Sounds like you may need to clear your cache and dalvick caches and format your data partition and system and then flash the ROM then GApps.

If worried maybe a build environment issue:

Well what do the messages state [one or two should suffice]? When restarting repo did you make sure to get rid of all the cached data [if have ccache somewhere may want to remove that if not setup then skip] Also, are you using a ./rom-build.sh grouper clean to remove any old build files? I am having phone issues at the moment that have stolen my focus. I shall be more available shortly.

bluecarbon

Jan 9, 2013
Sounds like you may need to clear your cache and dalvick caches and format your data partition and system and then flash the ROM then GApps.

If worried maybe a build environment issue:

Well what do the messages state [one or two should suffice]? When restarting repo did you make sure to get rid of all the cached data [if have ccache somewhere may want to remove that if not setup then skip] Also, are you using a ./rom-build.sh grouper clean to remove any old build files? I am having phone issues at the moment that have stolen my focus. I shall be more available shortly.

Thanks, but I figured it out some time ago. I wasn't familiar with the script and I was closing the terminal instead of pressing Q, so it wasn't creating the propped.zip, instead I was flashing the ota, which didn't work. Other than some weird java stuff happening when I updated to 3.99, which I worked through, all my builds have been smooth. Thanks for the .ccache tip, I hadn't thought about clearing it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Folks,
    I took the time to delve in to ROM source compilation and after months of researching multiple guides and installing everything from the ground up countless times I can now bring you a Nexus 7 specific guide updated for xUbuntu [or any Debian really] 13.04. My guides Java steps have it fully integrate in to the OS now so it DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE AND DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF JAVA INSTALLED IT WON'T HURT A THING :)!

So here goes, and I will be editing and all as I go:

I would just like to share results from my recent testing with xUbuntu Raring 13.04 [with pre-release updates included]...
    Just ran sync and build from scratch for a Grouper early this morning!
    I use an Intel i5 8G RAM and xUbuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail 64-bit [host OS not VM this time, but host or guest in a VM, either way is the same guide :) ]
    Compile Time: ~ 60 - 70 min as host OS or ~120-130 Min if I set this up as VM [same Machine with Windows as host].

I know some of the information I list toward the end may be a little long for "power users" and may be a little out of sync [not exactly in line with file examples, but I believe with only a tiny bit of effort to note how to adjust for your own directories and locations you are good to go [which is rather easy if you take your time and be patient with it]. I will continue to update and streamline this as best as I can moving forward. PLEASE if you have CONSTRUCTIVE input drop me a PM or reply with your thoughts and experiences and I will incorporate what is needed.

I had to use this and other guides to basically put together a working build environment.

Here are the deps I used, I had to remove the last entry for the webgtk from the OPs listing] and had to add the 4 on the end relating to gcc++ and included deps as instructed via apt-get when I tried installing others adding one missing package it asked for each time so it's as small as I can make it at this time roughly an 880M download if I remember correctly [sorry fast fast internet here so download sizes don't bother me, but I did take it in to consideration for this guide].

Code:
    sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 libc6-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc readline-common libreadline6-dev libreadline6 lib32readline-gplv2-dev libncurses5-dev lib32readline5 lib32readline6 libreadline-dev libreadline6-dev:i386   libreadline6:i386 bzip2 libbz2-dev libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev lib32bz2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool gcc-multilib g++-4.7-multilib gcc-4.7-multilib

That should be good for a copy/paste if not add / to the begining of each line [not including the first with sudo skip that] and let me know I can update. Nevermind it remains one long line just copy then hold shift and ctrl and tap v in terminal window to paste as-is.

Android-51 Rules file for allowing device access to user accounts:
    First open said file. Keep in mind you can use any text editor such as leafpad, mousepad or even console based nano if you prefer just use sudo nano not gksudo and gksu works the same and is used for any graphical app to CORRECTLY obtain sudo [you can still use sudo at times but will end up breaking it in some instances so be aware of which to use where]:

$ gksudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

For those used to previous Paranoid source guides will not some differences. This android file is grabbed from AOSP directions and allows granular control of which user is allowed to access which device which is a much more secure way to enable hardware divce access [if you share the system should a non Android versed person be allowed to run ADB commands and possibly damage your device? Just replace the <username> bit with the username who needs access and then copy/paste it down the list. This ios a LINUX requirement so see documentation on probing and adding USB access for a device to find out more on adding new devices not in this listing:
    Code:
    # Change <username> at end of each device line with the username who 
    # will access said device
    # adb protocol on passion (Nexus One)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e12", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on passion (Nexus One)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", ATTR{idProduct}=="0fff", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on crespo/crespo4g (Nexus S)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e22", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on crespo/crespo4g (Nexus S)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e20", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on stingray/wingray (Xoom)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTR{idProduct}=="70a9", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on stingray/wingray (Xoom)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="708c", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on maguro/toro (Galaxy Nexus)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTR{idProduct}=="6860", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on maguro/toro (Galaxy Nexus)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e30", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on panda (PandaBoard)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d101", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on panda (PandaBoard)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d022", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # usbboot protocol on panda (PandaBoard)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d00f", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # usbboot protocol on panda (PandaBoard ES)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0451", ATTR{idProduct}=="d010", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on grouper/tilapia (Nexus 7)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e42", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on grouper/tilapia (Nexus 7)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4e40", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on manta (Nexus 10)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee2", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # fastboot protocol on manta (Nexus 10)
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="4ee0", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"

Now we need to set permissions on said file:
    $ sudo chmod U+R /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

When I followed the ln -s bit after the dependency download list at top of most other guides I have found in last few run throughs starting from a complete scratch system that the link already existed. If you get the file already exists message continue on and count that as good to go.

After that here is for the Nexus 7 [Grouper] Local_Manifest.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="ParanoidAndroid/android_device_asus_grouper" path="device/asus/grouper" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_asus" path="vendor/asus" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_broadcom" path="vendor/broadcom" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_elan" path="vendor/elan" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_invensense" path="vendor/invensense" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_nvidia" path="vendor/nvidia" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_nxp" path="vendor/nxp" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_widevine" path="vendor/widevine" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
    </manifest>

Now comes the AWESOME part of my post HOW TO INSTALL JAVA 6 ALONGSIDE ANY AND ALL EXISTING JAVAs ON YOUR UBUNTU [prolly any Debian]!
    No Longer do you need to ensure you have only Oracle Java 6 JDK installed and nothing else, but you can have any and as many java versions as you want with this guide! So skip the part in any guide about sudo apt-get purge blah it won't hurt you to have Open JDK or Iced Tea or GCJ just use the reconfigure --java as listed below before running rom-build to ensure it is the Oracle JDK selected.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Here we go obviously adapt the .bashrc and .profile as I have here note you can use any directory structure you desire really.

I will list how to download the 32-bit AND 64-bit versions. Read past the first section of downloading 32-bit to get to the 64-bit relatede link]
    [using code tags to hopefully save some room on post let me know if I need to format it up instead]

Code:
    Manual method
    	oracle java 6 jre 32-bit
    $ wget http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u34-b04/jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin

$ chmod u+x jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin

$ ./jre-6u34-linux-i586.bin

$ sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/jvm

$ sudo mv jre1.6.0_34 /usr/lib/jvm/

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_34/bin/java" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so" "mozilla-javaplugin.so" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_34/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javaws" "javaws" "/usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_34/bin/javaws" 1
    or

oracle java 6 jdk 64-bit
    $ wget --no-cookies --header "Cookie: gpw_e24=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oracle.com%2F" http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u45-b06/jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin

$ chmod u+x jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin

$ ./jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin

$ sudo mv jdk1.6.0_45 /opt

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/java" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javac" "javac" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/javac" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so" "mozilla-javaplugin.so" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so" 1

$ sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javaws" "javaws" "/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/javaws" 1

IMPORTANT*choose the java you installed as default
    $ sudo update-alternatives --config java

$ sudo update-alternatives --config javac

$ sudo update-alternatives --config mozilla-javaplugin.so

$ sudo update-alternatives --config javaws

Optionally you can set a JAVA_HOME env variable:

export _JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/

Choosing the default Java to use

If your system has more than one version of Java, configure which one your system uses by entering the following command in a terminal window

sudo update-alternatives --config java

This will present you with a selection 
    In Androids case the following line should be used [be sure it is the same number as listed yours may differ]:

*1 /opt/jdk1.6.0_45/bin/java 1 manual mode
    After that I use the following .Bashrc lines at the end of the file:
    Code:
    # gedit ~/.bashrc 
    # or 
    # nano ~/.bashrc 
    # should suffice should gdit not work and you are unsure.  
    # ^ means the ctrl key when file opens in nano and you see 
    # quick access commands listed along the bottom of screen] 
    # so ctrl+o = ^o for saving file and ^x=ctrl+x for eXit.
    ## Changes to .bashrc won't take effect until you save
    ### Begin copy (could copy all this box if you wish to maintain notes) ###
    # Java PATHs
    export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_45/
    export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
    # Android tools
    # I have used a custom directory to move the SDK and my Bin to
    # Use ~/bin in place of last entry ~/ just starts in your home dir so same goes
    # if sdk is in /home/user/android-sdk/ use ~/android-sdk :) have fun
    export PATH=${PATH}:/storage/android/sdk/tools
    export PATH=${PATH}:/storage/android/sdk/platform-tools
    export PATH=${PATH}:/storage/android/bin/
    ### End Copy I leave extra blank line at the end usually so hit enter after paste ###
    Now I will do the .profile use the same gedit scheme as above but use .profile in place of .bashrc this time.
    Again, I use a custom scheme base of /storage/android/paranoid-legacy note how : [colon] is used to separate new entries and the same ~/ rule applies here as well:
    Code:
    ## Changes to .profile won't take effect until you save
    ### BEGIN Copy (could copy all this box if you wish to maintain note) ###
    PATH="/storage/android/sdk/tools:/storage/android/sdk/platform-tools:/storage/android/bin:$PATH"
    ### END Copy ###

Now follow the OP where it has you create the ~/bin [or wherever you want it do a sudo mkdir -p /storage/bin and then sudo chown <your linux username> -R /storage (this would create the bin in storage and -p means create /storage if it doesn't exist and then bin (normally in linux if /storage was not there it would not create the bin direcotry as you are asking it until storage is there first. -p does this for you) so just create it where you want. Just update the bin reference in .bashrc and in .profile as well. CHANGES to .profile AND .bashrc DONT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL YOU SAVE THEM AND THEN OPEN A BRAND NEW TERMINAL WINDOW]

Curl the repo python script to this directory you chose
    Give it the right permissions [example]:
    Code:
    $ curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    $ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    update .profile to include new bin [if not done above or you just now wish to change it since you copied the above edits]
    update .bashrc as to also include new bin location [if not done above or you just now wish to change it since you copied the above edits]
    close all terminal windows that are open
    open new terminal window
    type android hit enter
    - you should see the Android SDK GUI start up in a min or 2 if everything is good
    to ensure sdk paths are good and download the Android Tools and I suggest any versions of android that correspond to the Android version that you are compiling Paranoid for [I download 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 cause my phone is on 2.53 until I learn to fix that (a T-mobile Galaxy S2 Hercules if anyone can help get it running newest paranoid versions cause it can surely handle it)].

After Android SDK downloads complete
    paste the following in to terminal window [ctrl+shift+v] and hit enter. BE SURE YOU ARE IN THE FOLDER YOU WISH TO DOWN PARANOID SOURCE TO BEFORE RUNNING.
    If it stops saying the identity blah blah blah just follow on-screen instructions and run something to the effect of git-config --user.email "you@blah.com" [I suggest GMail easier for git tasks if you wish to contribute
    and the -user.name "your name"

Use the quotes and I may be slightly off but again if you read the screen it will ask you to run those 2 commands to establish your identity if it is needed.

After you do run the same command a second time to fully complete the repo init. find the .repo folder within your designated paranoid folder and add the Local_Manifest.xml

type repo sync and hit enter after repo init completes successfully and wait awhile for a rather large download of source code.

Restart System if you wish to be overly cautious and ensure everything takes

To Initialize the Repo [in any directory just run the repo init from the directory where you want ALL the source downloaded to BEFORE running repo init! DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU]:
    Code:
    $ cd system [or whatever your directory is for housing source and running compiles from]
    $ repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/manifest.git -b jellybean-legacy
    Now you should be able to run repo syc and get a full sync for grouper!
    Just do so before and you will have newest updates to Paranoid Source applied. Then ./rom-build grouper clean and it will not need to go through entering manufacturer and waiting again for those sources since you did the full Local_Manifest [FOR GROUPER OBVIOUSLY FIND YOUR OWN DEVICE TREES FOR OTHERS PLEASE I still need to get my S2 trees and getting the code for Paranoid and all so I am not a repository of local_manifest entries I am sorry in advance.

I just ran a successful compile against the fresh sync from this setup early this morning in 68 Min. I am using xUbuntu 13.04 64-bit on an Intel i5 with 8 Gigs of super top of the line DDR3 [still need more when I get to it LoL].

I hope this helps I know I love the java guide here as it allows you to still install other java setups that apps you install otherwise may want, but you just use the reconfigure --java as listed above after installing any new versions of Java [they may hijack the default setup on install] and you are good to go!

This has taken me MANY attempts and much reading and tinkering to get to this point, so please I hope it helps others as I could not have done it without the help of other guides as a base for their setups, so this is my giving back to the community for it's helping me THANK YOU one and all who provide free information too others in their free time I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH, THANK YOU

Last note: there have been times I have been stopped from building not because my information or setup wa off, but due to the occasional error introduced in to the code base after repo syncs. I had to Google the one where it bailed on frameworks to find a manual edit around that. Since then [this setup I wrote this on] I had deleted everything did a fresh setup, repo sync and ./rom-build.sh grouper clean and it built in 68 min without me editing anything so for now it should be good.
    KNOWN ISSUES AND FIXES
    AS OF 2013.08.09 I didn't notice as I usually go through building vendor files from google blobs and scripts, but it looks like the vendor files and the props coming from the cm 10.2 branches is failing with the following:

Code:
    Fetching projects:  99% (354/357)  fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/cm-10.2
    error: Cannot fetch TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_elan
    error: Cannot fetch TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_nvidia
    You could begin at the google props and manually download and place in vendor/asus and the other affected directories to manually fix this, just be sure to get the 4.3 related files.

Google Mirror for their device Prop files

UPDATE [2013.07.15]: I have been experiencing another build breaking issue much like the one below again now for past 2 days [been a bit since last compile don't knoiw EXACTLY when it started]. I am restarting my local repo from scratch and building again in a bit today and will report either hopefully a fix or some further information.[

SO, IF you have had a longstanding local repo you have been working with, and after running repo syncs successfull, AND you are SILL UNABLE to successfully build a zip, then... Do as I did; just completely DELETE [including the hidden .repo directory don't miss that [generally ctrl+h when a file manager is open eithier shows or hides hidden .directories]. Then just run the repo init command and then run:

Code:
    repo init <BLAH [copy/paste repo init command here]>;repo sync;./rom-build.sh grouper clean

Linux Proficiency Note
    ---

As of today when I ran repo sync and it completed I ran a clean build with no fixes. I will leave what's here incase someone find out useful until space is needed 2013.06.17

Issue as it appears
    Code:

Code:
    cd packages/apps/Phone

to avoid a problem.
    Guide updated, 2nd post now utilized for fixes and FAQ type materials

2nd post has now been turned in to an issues and fixes post for compilation as there is an issue you have to manually adjust for now after running repo sync to get things working [I just ran another sync and will be verifying it is still at issue but since it is at end of build will take at least 60 min just to get to that point].

I will also be using the 2nd post as a FAQ or other related helpful info.

Trying to make this a nice one stop shop for building PA3+ [and future versions] thread for good 'ol Grouper [Nexus 7 Wi-Fi only model] :)
    Fix for possible compile issue

Issue as it appears
    Code:

Code:
    cd packages/apps/Phone

to avoid a problem.

I also asked when we will be allowed either A access to the Halo code to compile said functionailty in to the ROM OR if they will be releasing a flash zip that could be used to introduce Halo in to a baked ROM when the cook does not have access to their encrypted Repo [they hide the paranoid prefs code along with now the Halo code which is kinda now making it harder to build a fully working PA on your own. I hope they eventually allow access before we have people trying to reverse engineer it out and they get mad.