[Q] How to Debrand M4

Search This thread

!SINGH!

Jan 22, 2007
Solihull
Hi All

I have a totally stock M4 4.2.2 phone from Voda UK
(it has the boot logo from Voda along with pre-loaded network apps)

I just want to make it a stock European version...(UK ideally) with no network logos or apps

End wish is a stock 4.4.4 with root (ideally towelroot or similar) so if I want to...I can unroot and leave untouched/stock

As stated...no htcdev done or anything with unlocking bootloader

Advice please?

htc_one_mini_m4

Jun 26, 2014
Hi All

I have a totally stock M4 4.2.2 phone from Voda UK
(it has the boot logo from Voda along with pre-loaded network apps)

I just want to make it a stock European version...(UK ideally) with no network logos or apps

End wish is a stock 4.4.4 with root (ideally towelroot or similar) so if I want to...I can unroot and leave untouched/stock

As stated...no htcdev done or anything with unlocking bootloader

Advice please?

I'm afraid that once you go root ( unless you only use temproot ) you can't go back to absolute stock.
To "transform" it to a European version you'll have to do Super CID, which requires unlocked bootloader & s-off.

!SINGH!

Jan 22, 2007
Solihull
I'm afraid that once you go root ( unless you only use temproot ) you can't go back to absolute stock.
To "transform" it to a European version you'll have to do Super CID, which requires unlocked bootloader & s-off.

Well.. What about..
S-Off....
SuperCiD
flash with stock European rom
Set CID back to the European one...(so it doesn't brick)
Re-lock the bootloader
S-On

That way... I have a stock European Rom 4.4.4 on a stock One Mini
?

htc_one_mini_m4

Jun 26, 2014
Well.. What about..
S-Off....
SuperCiD
flash with stock European rom
Set CID back to the European one...(so it doesn't brick)
Re-lock the bootloader
S-On

That way... I have a stock European Rom 4.4.4 on a stock One Mini
?

Not entirely.
If I'm not mistaken ( I'm not a phone freak, just a computer hardware engineer & mediocre software programmer ) you can't re-lock the bootloader like stock.
It displays "Re-Locked" once locked again with fastboot or another tool.

You'll have a stock image, but you won't have the applications that are preloaded in the data partition which gets erased during the Bootloader unlocking process, and that blocks you from flashing any newer OTA updates via the classic method ( like a totally stock phone )