[SSPL][DFT] HowTo flash custom OS

Search This thread

luis-ramos

Jul 5, 2009
I have a htc mini hd from Movistar in spanish. i want to change the language to english. i took a english rom and i am trying to update it. i connect the phone with pc. i am usin windows 7 in my pc. connected with mobile center. i browse the device and everything looks fine. when i try to update using the DarkForcesTeam SSPL tool it says connection error. So i try to enter in tri color mode and update it from there. it starts updating than it stucks at 0% and after the tool gives an error and explains how to recovery. i have tried several times. also changed the usb port but with no luck. Dont know what is wrong. Please advice.

1. place in 3 color mode (hold volume down then power on)
2. let pc install drivers
3. restart phone in windows mobile
4. let pc install drivers
5. run DFT_SSPL_MINI.exe

this is what i did to get mine to install a PTG rom

pelumiv

Oct 11, 2012
Can someone please upload the .nbu file for english. pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssss done it

luckymobile

Oct 20, 2006
Can someone please upload the .nbu file for english. pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssss done it

i am very confused how to flash htc hd mini
i don't know about which carrier rom is associated with i have tried memory card way already tried dft sspl but every time 294 error (vendor ) i have very few experience with htc windows phones please guide me

didimos

Dec 14, 2013
Veroia
Hello guys.. i have a problem flashing my mini. i have dowloaded a custom rom from the site downladed the sspl mini, connected the phone, run the sspl followed the instructions and when i hit the update button it shows me the same rom that my mini has 1.36.482. I want to flash it to rom 1.36.488. I have the sspl and the rom placed in the same folder. Anyone can help me get this through? thank you

Can someone delete this post? I manage to do it all went good

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DarkForcesTeam SSPL for HTC Photon (Mini)
    SSPL allows you to flash custom [not-signed] OS or/and ignore CID check.

How safe is it?

We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
    (To all hackers out there... don’t enable it! else you will BRICK your device)
    Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
    We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!

How to use it:

• Download the SSPL_RUU.exe and put it into an empty folder
    • Add the RUU_signed.nbh that you want to flash to your device into the same folder
    • Connect the device to the PC, device must be running WM, not show the 3 color screen
    • Run SSPL_RUU.exe

Troubleshooting:

• If you don’t see USB at the bottom of the device screen and the ruu showed a connection error, disconnect the device and connect it again... USB should be there now.
      Then just run the SSPL_RUU.exe again, flashing will start now
    • If the flashing breaks before 100%, stay cool! ... Reset the device and go to Boot loader, then flash a ship rom to the device (Must be the right rom, with the right CID)
      Don’t forget to report that it happened... after you flashed the original ROM back, you can try again.
    • It is possible, that sometimes the screen stays black for 15sec or more before the SSPL 3 color screen shows, if it takes too long, do reset and try again and please report that!!!!
    • "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center", !!! Problem NOT related to this SSPL !!! ... this means that you flashed a region protected rom... flash back to a ship ROM for your device and stick to ROMs with your region ID... or patch them
      (You might have to remove the battery after flashing back, else it might not boot up)

Disclaimer:

This product is free to use, but at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
    We have tested our product on several devices and have not
    found any problems with it.

What about HSPL? HSPL will be soon :)

DFT team 2010.
    We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
    (To all hackers out there... don’t enable it! else you will BRICK your device)
    Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
    We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!
    Hi please why is disabled? How to enable this? Im hex edited some lines but could not upload spl to phone. Do you want to enable spl flashing please, I want to try something, please. Is this line? Im changed cache range flush from 0x80000 to 0, but not work. Please let me know by PM how to enable this
    Code:
    Basic block list:
    00011408 sub_11408:
    00011408   /* push LR */
    00011408   /* push R4 */
    00011410   R3 = unk_4CAA4;
    00011414   R4 = 0xac000000;
    00011424   memcpy(R4 | 0xb00000, * R3, 0x80000);
    00011434   CacheRangeFlush(R4 | 0xb00000, 0, 0x7f, R3);
    0001143c   R3 = 0;
    00011444   var_C = R3;
    00011448   R0 = sub_113A8(sub_12000, & var_C, R2, R3);
    0001144c   Cond = R0;
    00011450   if (Cond == 0) goto loc_11464;

00011454   sub_11000(R0, R1, R2, R3);
    00011460   R0 = sub_12000(var_C, sub_1126C, R2, R3);

00011464 loc_11464:
    00011468   /* pop  */
    00011468   return R0;
    Thanks alot for the good work im flashing it now & its on 15% & everything is going well :D thanks alot guys for the god work you've done :)
    SSPL

Very good job !!!! :)
    thanks! i've successfully flashed my device again using Win7. btw, how do i revert to original shipped rom? do i just have to extract the nbh file from the shipped rom package then use this tool? thanks in advance!

No, just running the official original RUU should work always ;)