Evo Shift 4g 01/09/2011 + Video Review

Search This thread
S

sirmx

Last edited:

SirRipo

Apr 24, 2010
Fox Valley
I'm with you Brando. Probably won't be getting it on launch day, I've got obligations before then, and don't get paid til the 14th. So maybe pick it up on the 15th?

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
I'd want it if they made a 4G-less version. $10/month surcharge for something I can't use in my area, no thanks.

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
I'm torn between the two.

The bigger screen size is a major plus. However, after using the Hero for a year, I definitely miss having a physical keyboard.

The Shift is new, whereas the original Evo is 6+ months old.

Decisions, decisions... ;)

Kfunk

May 11, 2010
McKinney, TX
I'm torn between the two.

The bigger screen size is a major plus. However, after using the Hero for a year, I definitely miss having a physical keyboard.

The Shift is new, whereas the original Evo is 6+ months old.

Decisions, decisions... ;)

I just returned my Evo that I got last week and will be picking up the Shift on the 9th. I will definitely be buying it at Radio Shack rather than the Sprint store though! The Evo was just too big, but now my Hero looks so small!

So - back with my Hero for another week :rolleyes:

BrandoKC

May 15, 2010
Kansas City
I wonder how long it's going to take to get root on this sucka.
I imagine since the G2/DesireZ have been rooted it shouldn't take too long.

I will be looking forward to throwing an AOSP ROM on this bad @ss mutha and overclocking it.

kostov22

Nov 13, 2010
Foley, Al
I'm thinking about it too....but wasnt the HTC Sabor supposed to come out Q4 last year or Q1 this year....i guess it's just a rumor but with lg optimus 2x....don't they need to compete....I might wait couple months to see...

jcha

Sep 8, 2009
Is anybody making the jump to this phone from the Hero? I told myself I was going to wait for a dual core phone from HTC but it seems like that'll be a while. I might settle for this especially considering it's only 150 and I could pick one up right now from Radio Shack.

riggsandroid

Mar 26, 2010
looking to buy this ASAP. My upgrade is Feb. 1st.

I may go buy it from Best Buy outright, put it on my credit card, return it on Feb. 2nd and rebuy it with my upgrade.

I tweeted with twelpforce on Twitter.

http://www.bbyfeed.com/t/STlb10nbAfiufLbx/

I'm going to head over to Best Buy tomorrow and see how it goes.

epitaphromance

Jun 23, 2008
just got mine from best buy.... pretty sweeeeeeeeet. wish i could root it... im going to try the unrevoked method for the evo. i found out how to get to hboot with it (vol down + power) easy.

riggsandroid

Mar 26, 2010

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
just got mine from best buy.... pretty sweeeeeeeeet. wish i could root it... im going to try the unrevoked method for the evo. i found out how to get to hboot with it (vol down + power) easy.

Saw this on another forum:

Chiming in to say I was able to just root my Shift. Installed Superuser app from market, installed z4root. Ran it to temporarily root and it claimed to but didn't work. Ran it again and superuser app popped up asking to grant access. Did so, remounted root, copied su and busybox binaries to /system/bin.

I'm really surprized that Google doesn't plug whatever root exploit this is. I mean I'm glad they don't, but it just seems odd.