[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
Flashed this new build yesterday as soon as it became available.

No issues at all thus far apart from the 3G/EDGE toggle not working. However, I did in the interim flash the original DFT ROM and the toggle did not work in that ROM either so I'm now wondering if it is indeed hardware specific.

Anyhow, loving the new build, keep up the great work! :D

yakaaithiri

Jan 26, 2011
Bangalore
Guys,

need your help. I want to access Indian marketplace in my focus ?

How too achieve that ? I can always see only the US marketplace.

Please assist

asaka34

Jan 29, 2009
Belleville, IL
MMS Video and voice notes

When I attach a video to mms it always says the file is too big. I changed the settings to vga, low quality with a 3 second video, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Also, I do not have an option to send a voice note through mms. Are the two related? Should I reflash or is it just that tango isn't officially released yet, so not everything is there?

Thanks for the help.

jasongw

Ditto this. Even a 10 second video clip is a no go. Is there something special you have to do in video settings before recording, perhaps?

When I attach a video to mms it always says the file is too big. I changed the settings to vga, low quality with a 3 second video, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Also, I do not have an option to send a voice note through mms. Are the two related? Should I reflash or is it just that tango isn't officially released yet, so not everything is there?

Thanks for the help.

VenezuelaDan

Apr 27, 2010
San Antonio
New MMS/Location Tango Features

Thanks for the help.

Ditto this. Even a 10 second video clip is a no go. Is there something special you have to do in video settings before recording, perhaps?

I am loving this ROM. It runs perfectly on my Focus, and I haven't had any issues at all. Heck, my GPS picks up so much faster than stock 8107, or DFT's original Sammy Rainbow ROM. Just had two questions on this. One, as quoted above, the new MMS features, namely video messaging and voice notes, are not functional (at least on my phone, have tried every setting to send a video, and I cannot find the voice note feature). Are the new MMS features not fully implemented yet in this version of Tango that the ROM is based on (8773)? Also, the new location icon, (http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/7/2851184/windows-phone-location-icon-update), is not present either. I'm not blaming you at all, I'm just curious as to whether they were even cooked into the original Tango dump this ROM (and consequently, CeesHeim's) is based on. Thanks for a wonderful ROM.

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago

Thanks for the help.

I am loving this ROM. It runs perfectly on my Focus, and I haven't had any issues at all. Heck, my GPS picks up so much faster than stock 8107, or DFT's original Sammy Rainbow ROM. Just had two questions on this. One, as quoted above, the new MMS features, namely video messaging and voice notes, are not functional (at least on my phone, have tried every setting to send a video, and I cannot find the voice note feature). Are the new MMS features not fully implemented yet in this version of Tango that the ROM is based on (8773)? Also, the new location icon, (http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/7/2851184/windows-phone-location-icon-update), is not present either. I'm not blaming you at all, I'm just curious as to whether they were even cooked into the original Tango dump this ROM (and consequently, CeesHeim's) is based on. Thanks for a wonderful ROM.

Sadly I can't test the MMS issue becuase I don't have a SIM in my Focus and if I put mine in at&t moves me from my $10 unlimited data plan to a $20 300MB data plan then I have to call them and sit on customer support for an hour to get everything back... so for now this is going to remain unfixed. I do still have my DFT base and I think once the Tango CAB's are available via Zune I'll cook in the offcial stuff and go back to DFT as a base. As far as the location icon thing with Tango both my HD2 and my Focus don't show any extra icon and that image on the verge is just a mock-up so maybe it might not even be in the final build.

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
I think I found another little bug in the v2.00 version of this ROM.

Tried to set up Wireless Sync in Zune software - wouldn't work.

Rolled back to v1.25 and tried again - worked.

Maybe to do with v2.00 being Tango based ROM and there needs to be an update to the Zune software to support it?

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
I think I found another little bug in the v2.00 version of this ROM.

Tried to set up Wireless Sync in Zune software - wouldn't work.

Rolled back to v1.25 and tried again - worked.

Maybe to do with v2.00 being Tango based ROM and there needs to be an update to the Zune software to support it?

Ahh, yes this is a known bug, but thanks for reminding me. Again I think once the final Tango update rolls out I will go back to the DFT base and update that. It should fix a lot of the little oddities.

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
Ahh, yes this is a known bug, but thanks for reminding me. Again I think once the final Tango update rolls out I will go back to the DFT base and update that. It should fix a lot of the little oddities.

Yeah, I rolled back to the v1.25 version, I just seem to have had less problems with the DFT base.

Still loving this ROM!

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008

Hey voluptuary, any chance of a cab file to remove the SD storage lock program and then reinstall!

Don't ask but somehow I ****ed this up and I wondered if I may be able to fix it this way instead of a hard reset.

Basically I was trying out the cab sender program and sent an SD storage lock cab to the phone. I thought it was yours. Now when I launch the program the screen does this weird jiggle , never even leaving the app list and crashes straight back out.

Any ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Hey voluptuary, any chance of a cab file to remove the SD storage lock program and then reinstall!

Don't ask but somehow I ****ed this up and I wondered if I may be able to fix it this way instead of a hard reset.

Basically I was trying out the cab sender program and sent an SD storage lock cab to the phone. I thought it was yours. Now when I launch the program the screen does this weird jiggle , never even leaving the app list and crashes straight back out.

Any ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can use the remove cab in THIS post and a new one is in the skin pack in the same post.

Reactions: woodbane

woodbane

Jan 25, 2008
You can use the remove cab in THIS post and a new one is in the skin pack in the same post.

You sir, just saved my bacon! THANK YOU!

Is that version of storage lock in the skin pack newer? Only reason I ask is it has a shiny, updated sort of icon.

I actually preferrred the more metro looking cooked in to your ROM, any way to get that? (Now I'm just being picky...I know...LOL) :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM. There is support cooked in for ultrashot's packages but the XAP's have been left out. This way if you want them you can side-load them but for those that don't there is no extra clutter to worry about. For those using build 3.00 (does not apply to 3.05+) to make things easier for you all I have included the two most important ultrashot XAP's at the bottom of this post. You will need to side-load AccountManager if you want the ability to run programs that need 'Root' and if you want the ability to install XAP's via IE you will need to side-load XapDeployer. For those that aren't concerned with any of this you don't have to do anything.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.10a

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 SGH-I917 Rev 1.3

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks
    -csc support implemented
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -nokia drive included
    -removed now hub
    -removed att & rogers branding in internet explorer
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -diagnosis auto-installed
    -network profile auto-installed
    -high fidelity position auto-installed
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence package included
    -dlna support package included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added
    -disabled system logging
    -added ability to set static ip
    -added ability to change default search provider
    -other minor tweaks and improvments

*support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, mirolg, contable, Heathcliff74 and Microsoft

EXTRA THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR DONATIONS: RonV42

BUGS: Let me know.

OTHER: While I have included ultrashot's unlocks and added support for his SearchKeySettings the SearchKeySettings XAP is not installed. If you would like this functionality you will have to install it. Support for SearchKeySettings has been removed as of build 1.25 because it broke voice search in bing.

BATTERY: Some users have suggested that perhaps 'Extra Settings' uses extra battery. So I have attached to this post a XAP that will 'pull' 'Extra Settings' from the 'Settings' menu thus allowing it to be uninstalled. Extra Settings has been removed as of build 1.25.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD build 3.10a - WP 7.8
    DOWNLOAD build 2.01a - Tango
    DOWNLOAD build 1.30 - Mango
    If you have trouble downloading try using IE9, it should work then.

MIRROR of builds 1.10, 1.20, 1.20a, 1.25, 2.00 <- Thanks SuperSport

MIRROR of builds 1.30, 2.00 <- Thanks HaVoKeR
    HOW TO INSTALL:

0.) Have MAGLDR installed on your phone and Samsung Drivers installed on your PC
    1.) Place the zip files 'OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF + DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe + rapitool.exe' in a folder
    2.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    3.) Right when the screen goes black press and hold 'voldown + camera'
    4.) Press '<-' (cancel)
    5.) Plug your phone into your PC
    6.) Flash OS.D000FF + CSC.D000FF with DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe
    7.) Wait
    8.) Go through the setup wizard on phone
    9.) Go to 'Settings' -> 'about' -> 'reset your phone' -> 'yes' -> 'yes'
    10.) Enjoy and press 'thanks' below (optional)

EXTRA CAB's (these work with build 1.20 and later): These probably won't work well with build 3.00

1.) contable's full system skin *!*first you MUST send the REMOVE CAB to uninstall the old Storage Lock*!*
    2.) extra accents (zebra, nokia blue, htc green) and themes (night, blood, ocean, jungle) <- Build 1.25 and later
    3.) XBOX Live & Office icon 'fixer'
    You are the BEST voluptuary!! THank you so much! Everything is working smooth :)

No problem, I'm glad that solved everything for you. All I ask is if you are happy with my work just click the "Thanks" button ;)
    congratulation to your first ROM :cool:
    This release is to make sure all the backend changes I made function properly before Tango comes out so that I can be sure any quirks that might pop up then are not comming from anything I have done here. So please if you notice anything that is 'not quite right' please post it. That said this should be very stable.

-dft 8107 base
    -dft 'extras' removed (lockscreen, accents, ect.)
    -ultrashot unlocks (interop, xbl, full) *new
    -fixed color banding
    -fixed internet connection sharing
    -htc drivers (v1) *new
    -diagnosis app pre-installed (##634# call removed)
    -network profile pre-installed
    -removed now hub
    -removed help & how-to
    -removed att & rogers favorites in internet explorer
    -original five focus display languages only
    -original microsoft wallpapers and ringtones only
    -extra settings (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -high fidelity position (from samsung 2nd gen)
    -sd storage unlock
    -skydrive & skype & weather
    -nokia drive (v2.0 unbranded) *new
    -csc support implemented (more like factory firmwares) *new
    -my accents and themes (full 3rd party app support, only rom with this right now)
    -minor under the hood tweaks *new
    -support for Microsoft, Samsung, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, CeesHeim, contable-miro, and voluptuary cab updates *new

DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST :)