Note ll on sale

Search This thread

hypersonicx

Apr 11, 2007
Nashville
THANK YOU

To who ever mentioned the phone being on sale at sams clubs. I purchased my Note 2 last wednesday and I just went to BestBuy mobile and had them do the price match. Got back $160+

love XDA lol.

gatorbri

Apr 20, 2009
wish i could get the note2 and not lose my unlimited data
Same here, but there is no way around it, correct?

Also, I read somewhere else that this is IN STORE ONLY. Is that true? The Sam's Clubs around where I live don't do Verizon, so is my only way around this to try and do the price match at Best Buy? I'm a Sam's member and would love to get it through them, but it looks like if you order online it's an extra $100.

phatchef1

Aug 28, 2012
i was just told that if i add a line then i can swap the note 2 to my current line and keep my unlimited date

droidnew

Jul 24, 2010
Valdosta GA
Microsoft Surface Duo 2
I just took my receipt to Best Buy from February 6 when I bought my Note 2 from them. They called the Sams down the road where the Note 2 is 98.88 and then did the price match...no questions...smooth transaction. Thanks for sharing the sale info....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

sasquatch080

Oct 31, 2011
springdale
Got a question for you guys. My friend has a old line with a dumb phone he doesn't use at all. He has a upgrade available. If I was to buy his upgrade at either Sam's or best buy, then exchange the note2 for my nexus so i can keep my unlimited, would he get hit with a fee or is there any rule against upgrading then changing the phone? I don't want to screw my friend lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Got a question for you guys. My friend has a old line with a dumb phone he doesn't use at all. He has a upgrade available. If I was to buy his upgrade at either Sam's or best buy, then exchange the note2 for my nexus so i can keep my unlimited, would he get hit with a fee or is there any rule against upgrading then changing the phone? I don't want to screw my friend lol.

Don't quote me but I think your friend can get the phone and if he sold it to someone else he wouldn't get tagged as long as he had another smart phone on his plan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

sasquatch080

Oct 31, 2011
springdale
Don't quote me but I think your friend can get the phone and if he sold it to someone else he wouldn't get tagged as long as he had another smart phone on his plan.

Yea see that's what we plan to do. I give up my gnex to him and I get the note2. I've done it once with a gs3 but that was purchased straight from Verizon store. I don't know what extra rules these other places like Sam's and Best Buy have in place.

Yea see that's what we plan to do. I give up my gnex to him and I get the note2. I've done it once with a gs3 but that was purchased straight from Verizon store. I don't know what extra rules these other places like Sam's and Best Buy have in place.

It should not matter where you purchase the phone from. I plan on going to best buy this weekend to get the note2. I have an upgrade are available on one of my phone lines and I will keep my unlimited data.

Reactions: sasquatch080

bbqsfire

Sep 1, 2010
Bristol
Dont know if any of you signed up for the best buy $50 dollar gift card for updating your phone but if you did you can use that with the price match. Just got my girlfriend a note II with her upgrade for 48.88. With tax it was less than 60 dollars. So jealous now. My s3 is looking puny now.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

Reactions: Dakota0206

donelam304

Feb 16, 2013
Danville
let me get this straight. i caan go in to my local best buy and get this offer also if my sams club has the verizon kioisk???

another question is this. i do not have an upgrade on my line nor a dummy line. however my daughter does have an upgrade available. but she has the unlimited data. if i was to use her upgrade and then have the phone transfered to my line. she will lose the unlimited data wont she...

anyone know of a way i can get an upgrade without losing the unlimited data without a dummy lime???

KnightCrusader

Nov 16, 2008
Welp, I traded my pristine hardly-been-used S-OFF Rezound to my buddy in return for his upgrade discount, so we went to Sam's club and got a picture of the price tag, then went across the street to Best Buy and showed the guy in mobile. He said he'd have to call Sam's to confirm it, so he went off to use a cell phone (so I guess they don't know it's Best Buy calling) and confirmed the price and that they had some in stock, so we got the price match. Then, in the process of checking out, the computer spit out the $50 gift card that my buddy signed up for, and that was used on it.

So, for $54 and my Rezound, I got a Galaxy Note II for my wife for her birthday. Man, I feel like I really screwed over my buddy but he insists he wanted a new good phone w/o paying a dime out of pocket for it and he wanted a Rezound so he is a happy camper, especially since its in brand spankin' new shape.

I owe him $30 for the upgrade fee still but I'll probably pay him that back plus the $50 gift card which wasn't part of the deal.

tl;dr Best Buy price matched me Sam's club price after calling for confirmation, then got a $50 gift card on top of that.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
I went today and they price matched it for me. I downloaded the picture to my phone, and acted as if I had just come from Sams and had taken the picture myself. They did it no problem at all.

Good catch. I admit, I just glanced over it.

I go to Best Buy a few times a week. And they always do a great job of price matching. I havent gotten push back on it in a long time. I actually prefer shopping there because of their price matching, especially up to 60 days after purchase!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

unfortunately, I've never had good service at my local bestbuy. I use them to window shop and go to amazon for most things. I had cash in hand before Xmas for a note 10.1 and couldn't get any help. Sad really.

let me get this straight. i caan go in to my local best buy and get this offer also if my sams club has the verizon kioisk???

another question is this. i do not have an upgrade on my line nor a dummy line. however my daughter does have an upgrade available. but she has the unlimited data. if i was to use her upgrade and then have the phone transfered to my line. she will lose the unlimited data wont she...

anyone know of a way i can get an upgrade without losing the unlimited data without a dummy lime???

nope, the line that gets upgraded will lose unlimited.

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
unfortunately, I've never had good service at my local bestbuy. I use them to window shop and go to amazon for most things. I had cash in hand before Xmas for a note 10.1 and couldn't get any help. Sad really.

nope, the line that gets upgraded will lose unlimited.

Unless you use your daughters upgrade as an alternate for the dummy line. This would need to be done at a Corp. Store though to make sure it's done right... The take phone off dummy and move to your and re activate dummy phone.

Chadastrophic

Dec 2, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks for the tip. I took the pic to BB and got $81 back. I already had them price match the $174 let's talk deal when I bought the phone.

What's this $50 BB gift card deal? This is already the best $100 phone, it'll be an even better $50 phone, lol.

bigw34

Jun 10, 2010
FL
Thanks for the tip. I took the pic to BB and got $81 back. I already had them price match the $174 let's talk deal when I bought the phone.

What's this $50 BB gift card deal? This is already the best $100 phone, it'll be an even better $50 phone, lol.

BB had a deal online a couple weeks ago...you had to enter/reserve your phone # with them online for a new phone or upgrade and they would give you a $50 BB gift card for each line you added or upgraded.

So, my wife and I both switched from Sprint to Verizon, ported our phone #'s, price matched from Sams Club and then used our $50 gift cards on the phone purchase. I bought each Note II for 48.00, and a total of $107 with tax.

donelam304

Feb 16, 2013
Danville
Unless you use your daughters upgrade as an alternate for the dummy line. This would need to be done at a Corp. Store though to make sure it's done right... The take phone off dummy and move to your and re activate dummy phone.

not sure i am understanding this correct. what you are saying is i would first have to activate it on my daughters line, then take it to a verizon store to get it switched over to my line??? i don't have a dummy line. do i need to get one or what.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone here might be interested in the galaxy note ll then sams club has them on sale for 98.88 on upgrade or new customer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    I dont mean to be a pain. Basically I need Best Buy to price match because I am within 60 days on 3 of my phones. So I was hoping to get a better shot of the proce tag and the detailed print. Any help is appreciated. :)

alright cool ill post it tomorrow when im back in.
    That is weird. Best Buy price matched the amazon $149.99 price last week when we bought them. Also Endadget posted today that Best Buy was going to match online retailers permanently. The article specifically mentions Best Buy Mobile and cell phones, and even mentions price matching Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/c8nyhff

That is weird. Best Buy price matched the amazon $149.99 price last week when we bought them. Also Endadget posted today that Best Buy was going to match online retailers permanently. The article specifically mentions Best Buy Mobile and cell phones, and even mentions price matching Amazon.

http://tinyurl.com/c8nyhff

says in the story that it doesn't cover on contract smartphones...

Oh well, that's why I rarely go to bestbuy.