[m7][SENSE]Disable Noise Suppression on HTC ONE!

Search This thread

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
I haven't seen any thread which disables the noise suppresion on HTC one hence i made this mod. On M7 by default the Noise suppression is enabled and when we move the phone at certain angles, the other party wont hear anything what we talk. This mod disables the Noise suppression. Mod is well tested on insertcoin sense ROM[4.22] and it works flawless but again it is only me who tested it.

I am attaching a flashable zip for testing purposes! Download the attachment and flash through recovery. There is no need to wipe anything! Incase if you want to revert to stock, i have also included the stock file at downloads!

NOTE: At present this mod is only for deodexed roms! After positive feedback, I will make the mod for odexed also along with guide. Dont try on any other variants as i have not tested.

Download

Modded File - 4.4.2 (Sense 5.5) deodexed

Revert to Stock File - 4.4.2 (Sense 5.5) deodexed

Modded File - 4.4 (Sense 5.5) deodexed with call recording support

Revert to Stock File - 4.4 (Sense 5.5) deodexed

Modded File - 4.3 (Sense 5.0) deodexed with call recording support

Modded File - 4.2.2 deodexed

Revert to stock - 4.2.2 deodexed

Feel Helped, Press Thanks!

Last edited:

buddy17

Aug 9, 2010
holy crap....This is so awesome!! BY FAR, the biggest complaint I have on this phone.

EVERY time i talk with my phone held to my shoulder, my fiance whines about not being able to hear me. Granted, she just bought an iphone 5 and hers does the same thing when talking to me.

I just switched to a 4.3 google Play edition rom last night....is the noise suppression enabled on these rom's or only on Sense?

Reactions: grgsiocl

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
holy crap....This is so awesome!! BY FAR, the biggest complaint I have on this phone.

EVERY time i talk with my phone held to my shoulder, my fiance whines about not being able to hear me. Granted, she just bought an iphone 5 and hers does the same thing when talking to me.

I just switched to a 4.3 google Play edition rom last night....is the noise suppression enabled on these rom's or only on Sense?

Glad that you liked it. I was facing the same problem and thats the reason i made this mod. I am not really sure about noise suppression on GE as i am not a big fan of that and never used it. Hope someone drops a feedback here!

Reactions: buddy17

buddy17

Aug 9, 2010
I have definitely noticed the noise suppression problem using the GPE 4.3 rom's......have considered flashing this, but was hoping for some other guinea pigs to chime in first!

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
I have definitely noticed the noise suppression problem using the GPE 4.3 rom's......have considered flashing this, but was hoping for some other guinea pigs to chime in first!

Thanks, the fading is better, but still have this 'clicking' popping sound every now and again, had it on all ROM's (have tried different radios even) does anyone know what it is and is there a way to fix it? thanks

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Thanks, the fading is better, but still have this 'clicking' popping sound every now and again, had it on all ROM's (have tried different radios even) does anyone know what it is and is there a way to fix it? thanks

I will look in to the issue today.. i guess somewhere the code must be restoring the noise suppression...soon i will update...

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
I will look in to the issue today.. i guess somewhere the code must be restoring the noise suppression...soon i will update...

appreciate it thanks, but not sure if anything can be done, this issue has been around for a while on all bases and ROMs ( I have no popping or crack listening to music or watching videos only during phone calls there is the occasional pop or crackle in my ear during the call) so not sure if it can be fixed, but if you need info just search for HTC One popping crackle sounds and you'll find numerous links. It seems some say its the beats app causing it or NFC but even if I disable both its still there, others say its the sound amplifier causing it, or the noise cancellation etc. so its a bit difficultto say exactly what the cause is or how to fix (if possible), Again thanks

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
appreciate it thanks, but not sure if anything can be done, this issue has been around for a while on all bases and ROMs ( I have no popping or crack listening to music or watching videos only during phone calls there is the occasional pop or crackle in my ear during the call) so not sure if it can be fixed, but if you need info just search for HTC One popping crackle sounds and you'll find numerous links. It seems some say its the beats app causing it or NFC but even if I disable both its still there, others say its the sound amplifier causing it, or the noise cancellation etc. so its a bit difficultto say exactly what the cause is or how to fix (if possible), Again thanks

this was a case similar to samsung phone where you hear knocking sounds while on call but it got rectified by disabling the noise suppression. I did hear sometimes and did not find time to check in the code. But i am sure, it should be with noise suppression. Actually in the code, i did not modify the noise suppression fully and sometimes it will come back. All i did was passed on the false boolean value prior to start a call. And there is a code for restoring the nosie suppression in case if it is disabled. I will disable it fully and then check.

Reactions: Jostian

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
this was a case similar to samsung phone where you hear knocking sounds while on call but it got rectified by disabling the noise suppression. I did hear sometimes and did not find time to check in the code. But i am sure, it should be with noise suppression. Actually in the code, i did not modify the noise suppression fully and sometimes it will come back. All i did was passed on the false boolean value prior to start a call. And there is a code for restoring the nosie suppression in case if it is disabled. I will disable it fully and then check.

Many thanks!

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
Hello sir, thanks for this attempt to fix some annoying stuff.
Have you noticed any negative side-effects though?
I remember when noise cancellation first came out for mobile phones quite some years ago, it was a big thing and many article on the news was covering it and how it worked. Then it became standard.
Now it's becoming a problem... I wonder if HTC maybe needs to fix the algorithm rather than us disabling it?
Anyway, I haven't had an issue yet, so I'm not sure I'm a good tester. Might report back after trying it out for a bit.
Thanks again!

mobile post

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Hello sir, thanks for this attempt to fix some annoying stuff.
Have you noticed any negative side-effects though?
I remember when noise cancellation first came out for mobile phones quite some years ago, it was a big thing and many article on the news was covering it and how it worked. Then it became standard.
Now it's becoming a problem... I wonder if HTC maybe needs to fix the algorithm rather than us disabling it?
Anyway, I haven't had an issue yet, so I'm not sure I'm a good tester. Might report back after trying it out for a bit.
Thanks again!

mobile post

I did not face any problem to be honest and been using the mod since the day one. I disabled the noise suppression completely yesterday and still testing and so far i have not faced any problems though. I dont know what side affects it might bring, except you will hear some background noise..thats all.

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
I did not face any problem to be honest and been using the mod since the day one. I disabled the noise suppression completely yesterday and still testing and so far i have not faced any problems though. I dont know what side affects it might bring, except you will hear some background noise..thats all.

Sounds good. Feel like putting that modification into the phone.apk of ViperOne?
I think we have a fair share of modifications or at least theming in it and so I can't really use/test it (I figured last night).
If you want to do it I can pull the files for you or you download the full ROM. Let me know...

mobile post

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Sounds good. Feel like putting that modification into the phone.apk of ViperOne?
I think we have a fair share of modifications or at least theming in it and so I can't really use/test it (I figured last night).
If you want to do it I can pull the files for you or you download the full ROM. Let me know...

mobile post

I can make a mod..it is not a problem...but allow me couple of days as i am still testing ...once i am satisfied, i can do both odexed and deoxed versions and i will also put pup a guide as well!

Reactions: Jostian

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
I can make a mod..it is not a problem...but allow me couple of days as i am still testing ...once i am satisfied, i can do both odexed and deoxed versions and i will also put pup a guide as well!

Yea fine. No worries. The guide part suggests you will keep this free to use for everyone? I am hoping this to be a future Viper Tweak which could be toggled on/off but since you found this method, it's probably yours. Well, if Jan and Turge do consider it, they will contact you on the matter anyway.

Just as a note for potential ViperOne users passing by:

ViperOne 2.1.0.0 phone.apk is not modified and this mod will be no problem to flash, also the back-to-stock zip.
ViperOne 2.1.0.0 with Red Theme or DarkOne Theme phone.apk is themed and if you flash this mod and/or revert back to stock, it will still function but you will lose theming on that apk.

This is what @j to the 4n told me this morning. Hope i repeated it correctly.

Top Liked Posts