Phone won't charge anymore :0

Search This thread

XxPixX

Dec 19, 2012
Warsaw
My Note 1 won't charge anymore what to do?

Rom: RR Remix
Kernel : RR Remix Kernel

Sended From A Samsung Galaxy S2 With NeatROM

First find out if it is a software or hardware problem. Turn the phone off and then plug in the charger. If it starts charging up then it's a software problem. Otherwise, try cleaning out the usb port.

lukesan

May 1, 2009
First find out if it is a software or hardware problem. Turn the phone off and then plug in the charger. If it starts charging up then it's a software problem. Otherwise, try cleaning out the usb port.

Also maybe buy a spare USB board on ebay. Cheap and very easy to replace. I have one in stock in case it breaks down.
Mine also acted weird on every charger/cable, so do what XxPixX says and if that doesn't work just put it aside untill you have another pcb board.

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
Did you try another charger? What I wanted to say is that it is unlikely to solve your problem if you flash another ROM. Try another battery...

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000

Reactions: Stuart Little

JulGer01

Jan 17, 2014
In that case I'd go for lukesan's recommendation...

mobile.dev

Nov 13, 2009
3 possible scenarios

Hi Daniel,

You didn't specify what your symptoms are. There are three common issues with charging:
  1. Cable / Adapter issues
  2. Charging indicator on but battery not charging
  3. Battery is empty and cannot be charged

In the first case, there is no charging indicator. When connecting to a PC, the PC doesn't recognize the phone. Or it will cycle between connection/charging and disconnected. This may be because of the USB cable (easy to check: try a different cable). Another option is that the adapter itself is physically damaged. For some reason this is common with n7000. The remedy in this case is to replace the adapter.

If the charging indicator is on but not charging, try shutting down the phone and then connect the phone to a wall charger. Wait a little while to see that the battery is recharging (quick click on the power button to see charging indicator). This happens occasionally (in other Galaxy models too). If this is the case, try reseting the phone to factory setting and don't install any apps for a while. Operate the phone to see if the problem is solved before installing your apps one by one.

If the battery is fully drained, it may not charge back. You will need to manually charge it a little to get it started, then charge normally. This is done by connecting exposed wires directly to the connectors of the phone and battery and booting the phone. There are instructions elsewhere on the net. Don't try this if you don't have some electronic skills!

It is also possible that the battery is ending its life. But that would normally manifest in a long charge - quick discharge cycle. Easy to replace the battery and test.

If all else fails, try telling your phone that you are about to replace it with a new model. I don't know why but sometimes it works. ;)

Good luck!

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
Hi Daniel,

You didn't specify what your symptoms are. There are three common issues with charging:

In the first case, there is no charging indicator. When connecting to a PC, the PC doesn't recognize the phone. Or it will cycle between connection/charging and disconnected. This may be because of the USB cable (easy to check: try a different cable). Another option is that the adapter itself is physically damaged. For some reason this is common with n7000. The remedy in this case is to replace the adapter.

If the charging indicator is on but not charging, try shutting down the phone and then connect the phone to a wall charger. Wait a little while to see that the battery is recharging (quick click on the power button to see charging indicator). This happens occasionally (in other Galaxy models too). If this is the case, try reseting the phone to factory setting and don't install any apps for a while. Operate the phone to see if the problem is solved before installing your apps one by one.

If the battery is fully drained, it may not charge back. You will need to manually charge it a little to get it started, then charge normally. This is done by connecting exposed wires directly to the connectors of the phone and battery and booting the phone. There are instructions elsewhere on the net. Don't try this if you don't have some electronic skills!

It is also possible that the battery is ending its life. But that would normally manifest in a long charge - quick discharge cycle. Easy to replace the battery and test.

If all else fails, try telling your phone that you are about to replace it with a new model. I don't know why but sometimes it works. ;)

Good luck!
Thanks man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3 possible scenarios

Hi Daniel,

Good luck!
    Did you try another charger? What I wanted to say is that it is unlikely to solve your problem if you flash another ROM. Try another battery...