Z3C rom for Z1C ?

Search This thread

Lorenzoval

Jan 7, 2014
Viterbo
What you think, is it possible? :)
Of course it's possible. It might even be easy because the manifacturer of the phones is the same and they have a really similar hardware. In order to port Z3C ROM to our Z1C we have to:
1 Extract system from Z3C FTF.
2 Deodex it (advisable).
3 Edit build.prop so that it matches our proprieties.
4 Replace their kernel and modules with ours.
5 Replace their system/lib/hw and system/lib/egl with ours.
If we are lucky enough we'll get a booting ROM, otherwise we'll have to debug it.
At the moment I think to have neither the time nor the experience to do it, but maybe I can help.
I wish good luck to everyone who tries to port it! :victory:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Anybody here have colected diferencie in hardware between Z1C and Z3C ? Only I have found is procesor is diferent (new model), not searched for other things. What is diferent there?

Last edited:
Reactions: nk1001 and mykamran

Lorenzoval

Jan 7, 2014
Viterbo
Anybody here have colected diferencie in hardware between Z1C and Z3C ? Only I have found is procesor is diferent (new model), not searched for other things. What is diferent there?
Battery and screen of Z3C are bigger. Also some chips are different:
2d796rt.jpg

Agree with 1,2,3,4 but about 5. I am not sure. :( Why egl and hw? Is not video card and sensors the same?
About egl I'm not sure: their gpu is an Adreno 330 but is clocked at a higher frequency. If I'm not wrong, hw directory also contains libraries that rely on the processor that is not the same.

Reactions: munjeni

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hm, you are right, we will need to replace gralloc and other things, probably cam libs will not work too, and allso probably sensors too since diferent digitizer... etc.

Maybe we can port some smalis at least. Anybody know what is new feature in z3c rom which not exist on z1c?

Reactions: nk1001 and mykamran

Pakman123

Feb 7, 2010
Far Far Away
Hm, you are right, we will need to replace gralloc and other things, probably cam libs will not work too, and allso probably sensors too since diferent digitizer... etc.

Maybe we can port some smalis at least. Anybody know what is new feature in z3c rom which not exist on z1c?

ps4 remote play

ultra stamina mode

stereo speakers

tap to wake

noob question but couldn't we just use the porting method for z1 roms ?

Last edited:

BigDoun2011

Apr 23, 2012
I've heard the z1 compact don't have this module for tab 2 wake like the normal z1. That's why there's till now no tab 2 wake feature.. I miss this feature so much..

Apps like gravity are great but not the same..

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
Pardon me for diverting the topic but could anyone port One Plus One's CM11S for our beloved Z1c? pretty please :)

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Pardon me for diverting the topic but could anyone port One Plus One's CM11S for our beloved Z1c? pretty please :)

No need, just simple install one plus one theme over your cm11 and it will look excatly the same. Please this is not thread related to one plus one so please continue in new thread!

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
I've heard the z1 compact don't have this module for tab 2 wake like the normal z1. That's why there's till now no tab 2 wake feature.. I miss this feature so much..

Apps like gravity are great but not the same..

I can do it kernel side (module), but I realy have no idea what is tap2wake... anybody explain me in details please! Is screen powered off when requesting these feature?

BigDoun2011

Apr 23, 2012
I can do it kernel side (module), but I realy have no idea what is tap2wake... anybody explain me in details please! Is screen powered off when requesting these feature?

Tab2wake is a feature (from lg) :
When screen is off you just tab onto the display and the screen goes on. (No button needed.. )
That's why it calls Tab2wake :)

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Anybody have idea do we have kernel events from touch screen while device screen is off? If we have events than thats an easy thing making tap2wake trought kernel module :)

I trying now to make feature "disable pc usb charging" and I have done userspace program for that but need to make chech box preference in settings menu which will execute userspace program every time when usb is connected | disconnected, need help to finish them! I have no idea what is a name of function in smali for checking for usb connection? Anybody have idea? Here is userspace program which will disable/enable charging when pc usb is connected/disconnected, my whole idea is to make userspace program executed every time when usb is connected (one time executed) or disconnected (one time executed). Need help locating smali where I can put call to userspace program! The rest is easy (check box preference ...etc).

Attachments

• charging_disabler.rar
    45.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Pakman123

Feb 7, 2010
Far Far Away
Z3C realy have stereo speakers?

this was from sonys press release

Tune in with an audio powerhouse

The mobile music experience just got re-invented. Sony’s rich audio expertise comes through in every beat with incredible High-Resolution Audio, so you can hear every track just as the artist intended when using Hi-Res Audio headphones such as Sony’s new MDR-1A range. For those tracks that aren’t in Hi-Res quality, Sony’s ground-breaking DSEE HX technology – available now for the first time in our Z3 series – ‘upscales’ the fidelity of your MP3 or AAC music collection as well as your playlists on Sony’s cloud-based digital music service, Music Unlimited8, to near High-Resolution quality.

To enjoy your favourite music without interruption, the Xperia Z3 series brings Sony’s Digital Noise Cancelling technology to the smartphone. Ambient noise is reduced by up to 98% when paired with the MDR-NC31EM Digital Noise Cancelling headset – perfect for that busy commute or tuning out the background in a noisy office.

The front-facing stereo speakers with S-Force Front Surround™ play everything loud and crystal clear for those moments when you want to set your sounds free.

tap to wake was ported to z1 with kernel mods link bellow. i think i read somewhere that the z1 compact screen wont be able to use this feature

also i tested z3 setting on my phone i seen a option for Intelligent backlight (the screen stays on while you are looking at it

CoolDevelopment

Sep 25, 2013
Cologne
The touchscreen from z 1 compact does not support the hardware-side wake-up gesture mode. Z1 and z ultra do support it. That's our problem.

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Considering that most of the new features in Z3c rely on different hardware - stupid question: what is the point of porting the ROM to Z1c?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What you think, is it possible? :)
    You're our main dev for Z1C, anything would become possible if you contribute in it :)
    Considering that most of the new features in Z3c rely on different hardware - stupid question: what is the point of porting the ROM to Z1c?

Good question! For example, explanatation is: go to HTC HD2 forum, you will notice HTC's last fw for these phone was Froyo, but if you look into xda development you will notice KitKat, Ubuntu, Windows 6 and 7, many many other os on these phone which is unbelievable! So the point for porting something from Z3c to Z1c is clear I think, for example not all have money to buy Z3C but will be glad to have similar features (at least some of them). :) Every new model have something new, company no want to give new features to old models (which probably support these feature) since he want profit (no new models mean no profit), things is clear I think.
    I'm not a dev :( but I will enjoy having it on my Z1C :D

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
    Probably not since my phone is all time in my pocket so I no want phone to be ta2waked everytime when I try to use something from my pocket :)