Since the 11th April, did you get nodo on Omnia 7

Did you get the Nodo update for Omnia 7 after the 11th April?

• Yes, no problem!

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • No... Do ;)

Votes: 65 85.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

titus1

Feb 14, 2010
Samsung messed it up? Too bad I'm readying to get an Omnia 7.
Samsung wasn't really consistent with their support.

omeryounos

Dec 16, 2010
Rotterdam
the update for omnia 7 will be deployed in next ten days.....especially Omnia7 Germany Tmobile firmware version..... I have read on Microsoft website somewhere today. will try to post the link if i can find again easily....

Reactions: kopte3

May 9, 2010
some interesting info
"Yes, we've temporarily stopped sending updates to Omnia7s. The team discovered a technical issue with the update package for this model. The work of fixing and testing the package is nearly done, and the team hopes to resume update deliveries soon. When I know more about the timing, I'll pass it along."
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_...2011/04/27/latest-update-status.aspx#comments (Michael Stroh -> MS Employee)

omeryounos

Dec 16, 2010
Rotterdam
some interesting info
"Yes, we've temporarily stopped sending updates to Omnia7s. The team discovered a technical issue with the update package for this model. The work of fixing and testing the package is nearly done, and the team hopes to resume update deliveries soon. When I know more about the timing, I'll pass it along."
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_...2011/04/27/latest-update-status.aspx#comments (Michael Stroh -> MS Employee)

Gr8 find.....really interesting blog going on....at least we are getting some 1st hand info directly from MS. The article i mentioned in my above post was some different & it stated 10 days to start rolling the pre nodo & followed by nodo. looking for the link again :)

jkommeren

Nov 9, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Could you guys please check something for me on the omnia?

I've been having problems streaming music over 3g (from the zune marketplace).
Well it simply doesn't work. Loads the album art, shows the track length, but hangs on "opening ..." with the moving dots.

Does it work for you?

(if you'd try to play a 30s preview of a song with wifi disabled, I'd be very grateful!)

That was the reason I restored to 7008 from 7390, but it didn't fix it.

Last edited:

Dred_furst

Apr 13, 2011
some interesting info
"Yes, we've temporarily stopped sending updates to Omnia7s. The team discovered a technical issue with the update package for this model. The work of fixing and testing the package is nearly done, and the team hopes to resume update deliveries soon. When I know more about the timing, I'll pass it along." (Michael Stroh -> MS Employee)

Please put this in bold at the top of the forum!

Silverex

Jun 28, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
This seems to be the problmem.

I've been waiting for a while now.

omnia7problems.png

Freypal

Mar 14, 2009
Shropshire
I've been a big defender of MS thus far but this has really wound me up.

There was no word from this until a load of people complained on the blog - Something as big as all updates for a model being pulled should have been publicised.

Then to just say there is a problem and we are working on changing it is not on. What about people like myself and many others here who did not force the update and got it through the proper way. Is this identified problem going to cause us trouble in the future?

I've asked this several times on the blog thread and it's been ignored. Not impressed.

Mars2003

Apr 23, 2011
I've only had this phone a couple of weeks, but it's looking like the Omnia 7 is going to be a continual problem, this is the second time that the update process has been a little bumpy for this handset, guess samsung had a pretty loose interpretation of requirements.

Little mistakes are probably acceptable, but the communications are bad. The moment the update was pulled, MS should have alerted us via their blog.

Similarly anyone who did get the update bound to be a little worried as to the nature of the "bug". Communication from MS would help.

Mars2003

Apr 23, 2011
NODO is pretty much just Copy Paste, as such I'm relatively relaxed regarding it's no show just now. Get it right MS.

The windows phone blog is now doing an almost passable effort of keeping us updated.

If however this happens with Mango, then that's a whole different ball game. That better show on release day for my unbranded O7.

Top Liked Posts