Android 4.4.4 will hit all Moto G devices

Search This thread

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
From my experience in the last few days; 4.4.3 makes the Moto G perform better than ever. Data connectivity is faster and more reliable, and overall the OS feels more responsive and stable. Miracast and DNLA also now work as they should. For clarity, 4.4.4 is essentially 4.4.3 + additional fixes (mostly security).

B

bublz654

just wondering will the battery drain be fixed in 4.4.4?

neu - smurph

May 14, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
What does 4.4.4 has over 4.4.2 that makes everyone so excited about?

I have 4.4.2 and I'm happy.

Well there are a large chunk of users with the Indian Dual Sim whose default 4.4.2 firmware is a buggy mess. They are I'm guessing very excited about getting confirmation of 4.4.4 as it gives Moto an opportunity to fix the issues on that variant.

For the rest of us - something like 7000 code tweaks/improvements between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 and a pretty fundamental security fix in 4.4.4 (plus no doubt a few other code tweaks).

Nikorasu

Jan 2, 2010
Well there are a large chunk of users with the Indian Dual Sim whose default 4.4.2 firmware is a buggy mess. They are I'm guessing very excited about getting confirmation of 4.4.4 as it gives Moto an opportunity to fix the issues on that variant.

For the rest of us - something like 7000 code tweaks/improvements between 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 and a pretty fundamental security fix in 4.4.4 (plus no doubt a few other code tweaks).

I see, thanks for the reply. A quick search told me Indian Moto G users experience drop calls/signals.

My MotoG dual sim is a XT1033 that I've imported from Hongkong so I doubt it's that different from yours.

Hope it comes soon so everyone can enjoy the MotoG.

NextGenGTR

Nov 19, 2013
I bought the device from o2 but i unlocked the boot loader and flashed Retail.en.GB, how will I get the update?

petraru1

Nov 7, 2011
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I bought the device from o2 but i unlocked the boot loader and flashed Retail.en.GB, how will I get the update?

You will get Retail.en.GB firmware, so you will recive it quick, i have a question, if you are from UK, from a quick search on google, Tesco is a big retailer in UK, i am using the phone in Romania with a Vodafone plan, everithing works fine, but i wonder why the system version is TescoSL.en.GB, and no Retail.en.GB since the phone isnt locked to a carrier.

NextGenGTR

Nov 19, 2013
You will get Retail.en.GB firmware, so you will recive it quick, i have a question, if you are from UK, from a quick search on google, Tesco is a big retailer in UK, i am using the phone in Romania with a Vodafone plan, everithing works fine, but i wonder why the system version is TescoSL.en.GB, and no Retail.en.GB since the phone isnt locked to a carrier.
The software was released to Tesco and they then checked over it as well confirming it doesnt have bugs and etc and if they wanted to they add there own applications and etc. They then install this on the Moto G they have and the software is called Tesco.Sl.en.GB, but you can still unlock the carrier and use any sim card you want, unlocking the sim card doesnt have anything to do with the software and you should get the Tesco update shortly after Retail gets it. In truth there is no difference with the Moto G as its all the same but with e.g the Samsung galaxy different carriers install different bloat ware and there own apps such as At&T music.

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Like predicted some days ago..

It isn't much of a prediction. Motorola already announced they were stopping testing of 4.4.3 to areas where it hadn't rolled out and going to send 4.4.4 to the carriers for testing. So nothing is new in this thread except someone from Motorola support basically said the same thing.

petraru1

Nov 7, 2011
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The software was released to Tesco and they then checked over it as well confirming it doesnt have bugs and etc and if they wanted to they add there own applications and etc. They then install this on the Moto G they have and the software is called Tesco.Sl.en.GB, but you can still unlock the carrier and use any sim card you want, unlocking the sim card doesnt have anything to do with the software and you should get the Tesco update shortly after Retail gets it. In truth there is no difference with the Moto G as its all the same but with e.g the Samsung galaxy different carriers install different bloat ware and there own apps such as At&T music.

I don't have any bloat on my moto g, i was confused, because i am in Romania, and the phone was bought from a local retail shop in Romania who imported the phone from Tesco :)), the phone isn't lock to any carrier because i can use any sim card, that is why i didn't get why the system is tesco.sl, because from what i see tesco is a big retail shop in uk, but i didn't see tesco carrier. That made me confused :D

It isn't much of a prediction. Motorola already announced they were stopping testing of 4.4.3 to areas where it hadn't rolled out and going to send 4.4.4 to the carriers for testing. So nothing is new in this thread except someone from Motorola support basically said the same thing.

well, motorola officialy announced the droid line stopping the test for 4.4.2 and going directly to 4.4.4, nothing about moto g

NextGenGTR

Nov 19, 2013
I don't have any bloat on my moto g, i was confused, because i am in Romania, and the phone was bought from a local retail shop in Romania who imported the phone from Tesco :)), the phone isn't lock to any carrier because i can use any sim card, that is why i didn't get why the system is tesco.sl, because from what i see tesco is a big retail shop in uk, but i didn't see tesco carrier. That made me confused :D

well, motorola officialy announced the droid line stopping the test for 4.4.2 and going directly to 4.4.4, nothing about moto g
The tesco firmware doesnt make any difference, dont worry bro :)

Reactions: leyow and petraru1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well, what I hate about moto g the most is that I don't even feel the need to upgrade the software. In every other phones I've had in the past there were problems that made me want to have an update asap and I was waiting for the updates like crazy, but now... I feel emptiness inside, no desire to update my phone because everything works perfectly fine, yeah I know, first world problems.
    Hey guys! I received the 4.4.4 OTA update for my french XT1032. I'm downloading it right now.
    Do you know how to capture and upload it?
    Devices won't be getting 4.4.3 but will be going to 4.4.4 instead. No dates as far as when it will be available. We'll provide it as soon as it is available.
    Original post from the motorola forum.
    https://forums.motorola.com/posts/817e1b24cb
    You have to be rooted and use a file explorer like ES file explorer and have the root option turned on and hidden files. It will be the zip file in the cache folder.

I'm sorry I'm not rooted and I'm not going to do that. At least you guys know that Motorola is starting updating in the EU.
    I have heard the 4.4.4 update is bug infested as well and ruins battery life as well as well as lag. True? I have updae waiting on my dual sim moto g India version.

Yes, just like every update since the computer was invented, they only decreased performance, add bugs (which they call "FEATURES") and decreased battery life...
    ALSO, THEY ALL UPLOAD YOUR RAM TO A REMOTE SERVER IN GUATEMALA, WRITE ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

No dude, this is just a bugfix update with some minor added features and a new dialer.