AndroidOS Battery drain after camera failure

Search This thread

omvir

Apr 28, 2011
Hello guys!
I am running cm11 nightlies. Ever since I've moved over to the nightlies, I'd notice my phone would have a very big drain overnight. Then I noticed it was because my phone wasn't going into deep sleep... After a reboot it would solve itself. After a few more days of this happening, I noticed a trend. Every time my camera failed to start(can't connect to the camera), my phone would stop going into deep sleep until the next reboot. Then I used BBS to see which wakelocks were being held, and there were 3: video1, video2, and msm_CCI_wakelock.

Does anyone else have a similar thing going on with their device?

Does the camera usually fail for you guys on the nightlies?

Any solutions other than switching ROM's?

Thanks.

Dzhedaj

Sep 17, 2008
Only switched to nightlies a couple of days ago (used 0830 and 0831). Haven't had a single camera failure yet...
Which version of CM11S did you use before nightlies? Maybe ithas to do something with non system/data partitions, that came as part of 11S?

beany>

Jul 11, 2014
Rugby
Was it initially a clean or dirty install of CM11? If it was dirty it might be worth trying clean as you may still have some of the camera settings from CM11s - camera being one of the 'special' differences between the two.

omvir

Apr 28, 2011
I actually only used cm11s for a few minutes before I rooted it and went to nightlies. And it was a clean install...

Dzhedaj

Sep 17, 2008
I you went from 25R, I'd say flash the radio and other stuff from 33R to be sure it's not the cause.

Alexino123

Oct 2, 2013
Hello guys!
I am running cm11 nightlies. Ever since I've moved over to the nightlies, I'd notice my phone would have a very big drain overnight. Then I noticed it was because my phone wasn't going into deep sleep... After a reboot it would solve itself. After a few more days of this happening, I noticed a trend. Every time my camera failed to start(can't connect to the camera), my phone would stop going into deep sleep until the next reboot. Then I used BBS to see which wakelocks were being held, and there were 3: video1, video2, and msm_CCI_wakelock.

Does anyone else have a similar thing going on with their device?

Does the camera usually fail for you guys on the nightlies?

Any solutions other than switching ROM's?

Thanks.

It is because you have do desactivate the option of "Quick Boot" in developer settings