Fat32 limits 4GB+ transfer, what about NTFS opition or others?

Search This thread

hankit

Dec 22, 2006
Although this is not much of an issue before, but with the power of dual core..I can play alot of mkv, avi types directly without doing conversion.

Now, the problem is that those files tends to be pretty huge and often goes over Fat32 transfer limits which I hate the most..

But the player I use, arcMedia, tends to only view folder inside atrix storage and not SD card which makes things a little uneasy for me.

Are there any options that allows me to get rid of the 4Gb limits? Or reformat it?
(Internal storage inside atrix)

From what I look around so far, the desktop dock USB doesn't take NTFS format drive..and alot of other formats as well..:confused:

apxf8888

Jul 28, 2010
Toady i got my xoom, and found the xoom file system is "generic hierarchical".
what is generic hierarchical? i heard that android's file system is fat32, which can not put over 4gb files onto android device, i want to konw that can i transfer over 4gb files to xoom with generic hierarchical, now i can not find over 4gb file, everyone can help me test it. thanks.

W3BSurfer

Mar 8, 2011
T.DoT
The weird part is that, when i use to own a Motorola Milestone i had been using an 8GB card and had it formatted to NTFS and no problem. Smooth like butter.

Im currently using a Patriot MicroSD LX Series 16GB Class 10 and Atrix wont recognize NTFS but only FAT 32. Kinda suxs. Hopefully there is a fix for this.