[Q]How to flash firmware in LG optimus G korean version F180L

Search This thread

kathir.

Jul 20, 2012
Shanghai
Hi,
I've a LG optimus G Korean version (F180L). I'm facing issues to update official firmware in my mobile. While I try updating firmware using LG mobile support tool , I get error 'Not enough free disk space'.It's a brand new mobile and have lot of free space. I searched the forum for resolving this issue, but I couldn't find suitable solution.

Then I tried updating the firmware using KDZ tool as per instructions in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1861854

I entered into software mode by power button and volume up key simultaneously and upon LG logo pressed volume down key twice and then connected the device. I got a message as in the attachment(software mode),I don't know korean hence assumed it to be software mode. Then upon flashing I got the message as in attachment(flash error).
Can someone help me flash an english firmware in my mobile.

TIA

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
The screen says:
This is a state for service center's backup and upgrade.
Usual users, please dont use this state and leave it by holding the power button for 8 seconds.
Something like that.

Your logs says:
Port= -1
and PHONE NOT FOUND.

I bet you didnt install the drivers properly or you didnt choose the proper port

Last edited:
Reactions: kathir.

kathir.

Jul 20, 2012
Shanghai
The screen says:
Usual users, please dont use this state and leave it by holding the power button for 8 seconds.
Something like that.

Your logs says:
Port= -1
and PHONE NOT FOUND.

I bet you didnt install the drivers properly or you didnt choose the proper port

Thanks mate . My win 7 laptop didn't like the phone . Tried with xp laptop and LG support tool worked like a charm.
Still I've Korean firmware only. Is it possible to flash an English firmware in this phone ? If yes , plz give me the firmware DL links if anyone have got. The DL links in firmware thread have been removed .

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
Contemplating trying to flash .kdz to downgrade firmware and regain root. Battery life seemed better when rooted, with 50+processes frozen (Titanium) and cpu profiles set (setCPU).

Before flashing the .kdz, which PC Connection mode do you select for the device (charge only/ mtp/ lg software)?

Last edited:

vschaitu

Dec 21, 2012
How to flash english version on Korean model

same prob here.. trying to find some english firmware where i can flash on my korean mobile. Is it okie to flash a canada/US carrier kdz on korean version? I dont have much knowledge.. but desperate to remove korean frm my LG; some one pls let me know... i wll be very thankful//
thks in adv.

vschaitu

Dec 21, 2012
No its not ok.

There no english ROM for Korean devices yet.
Btw why just dont change the language to English in settings?

thanks fr ur reply much appreciated! i have already changed tht to english.. still qvoice app is in korean.. wish a voice service like tht in english :(

kathir.

Jul 20, 2012
Shanghai
Contemplating trying to flash .kdz to downgrade firmware and regain root. Battery life seemed better when rooted, with 50+processes frozen (Titanium) and cpu profiles set (setCPU).

Before flashing the .kdz, which PC Connection mode do you select for the device (charge only/ mtp/ lg software)?

I didn't flash it using kdz tool, just updated firmware using LG mobile support tool and I used LG software mode for that.

alin_32b

Dec 25, 2012
same problem

Hi,
I've a LG optimus G Korean version (F180L). I'm facing issues to update official firmware in my mobile. While I try updating firmware using LG mobile support tool , I get error 'Not enough free disk space'.It's a brand new mobile and have lot of free space. I searched the forum for resolving this issue, but I couldn't find suitable solution.

Then I tried updating the firmware using KDZ tool as per instructions in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1861854

I entered into software mode by power button and volume up key simultaneously and upon LG logo pressed volume down key twice and then connected the device. I got a message as in the attachment(software mode),I don't know korean hence assumed it to be software mode. Then upon flashing I got the message as in attachment(flash error).
Can someone help me flash an english firmware in my mobile.

TIA

dear sir,
i have also LG optimus G Korean version (F180L) - unlocked... i think... by the ebay seller but i have many U+ - this is a mobile carrier in Koreea - applications on it.
i need a "clean firmware" - is that possible?
note - for example i have both Korean and 1- 0 classical figures on the dial buttons

any help?
thanks

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- turn off device, reboot into service mode (hold power + vol up)
- connect device to PC via USB
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, then PORT -1, DEVICE NOT FOUND error occurs

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.

Last edited:

taklukjagat

Feb 23, 2009
KayL
Hi all,
Planning on buying this LGOG, but just wanna know. Is this korean version LGOG have the limited sms characters to 80 only?

kathir.

Jul 20, 2012
Shanghai
I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.

Do you've Korean model as well? Which firmware did you flash and is that an English firmware?

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
Do you've Korean model as well? Which firmware did you flash and is that an English firmware?

Yes, I have a Korean device, since I live in South Korea. The firmware is Korean, with language set to English. When you set the language, literally everything is translated. I downloaded the firmware from LG servers using my own IMEI prior to upgrading to the latest ota that broke root for me.

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app

alin_32b

Dec 25, 2012
LG Optimus G F180L Korea SMS characters limit

Hi all,
Planning on buying this LGOG, but just wanna know. Is this korean version LGOG have the limited sms characters to 80 only?

dear sir,
i have LG Optimus G F180L Korea model
the SMS characters limit is 80 only but the solutions are many through Google Play Magazin
i instaled Handcent SMS - very good - increase the limit to 160 characters with also may others internal options for the user and display form, shape, colours etc.
best regards

Reactions: vschaitu

sactoguy

Nov 30, 2005
Sorry for posting off topic, does anyone here know if Korean LG Optimus G F-180L works on AT&T 3G 850/1900?

livingincm

Sep 8, 2010

- PC running Vista

This works! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 정말 감사합니다!

baguhanx90

Feb 21, 2013
How to flash F180 lg optimus g korean to english official firmware

- PC running Vista

Hi sir please tell me step by step how did you flash you LG OPTIMUS G F180 korean version. Its hard to used the korean version. I want an official English version.

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
Hi sir please tell me step by step how did you flash you LG OPTIMUS G F180 korean version. Its hard to used the korean version. I want an official English version.
Here is the method that I have successfully used several times.
- put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down.
release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed.
- Device Manager >> modems >> disable LG modem
- unpacks .kdz, writes to device. Be patient.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No its not ok.

There no english ROM for Korean devices yet.
    Btw why just dont change the language to English in settings?
    The screen says:
    Something like that.

Your logs says:
    Port= -1
    and PHONE NOT FOUND.

LG Optimus G F180L Korea SMS characters limit

Hi all,

dear sir,
    i have LG Optimus G F180L Korea model
    the SMS characters limit is 80 only but the solutions are many through Google Play Magazin
    i instaled Handcent SMS - very good - increase the limit to 160 characters with also may others internal options for the user and display form, shape, colours etc.
    best regards
    It has been already discussed several times. Yes, you can flash, no danger in bricking, but you may end-up with non working wi-fi, no lte connection,even no network connection.
    If you would read more carefully, you'd see there are differences on modem,regarding LTE frequencies.So, before doing that, start documenting. In some cases it was a succes, in other cases they had problems i mentioned above. You decide if it's worth the trouble or not.
    PS : a simple search would enlighten you.
    Hi guys , my LG optimus G is a F180L , it has the same characteristics of the italian model (e975) . Can I change firmware with kdz or is it Dangerous?

Hi mateI have sucess. done converting ..
    i can tell u how to do it when i get time .. swnd me PM will get back to u ..
    thing is about wifi ; your wifi WILL work but u need follow proces exactly LTE network will NEVER work cos in F180L devices is only one band frequency implemented JUST for Korea country where that band is used ..
    In EU they using different bands ..
    So we HAVE TO wait untill future smartphones WILL have all supported and used Lte / 4G frequencies implemented same this was with 3G in past..