[Q] S3 I9300 4g LTE

Search This thread

owaismukhtarkhan

Oct 11, 2012
Karachi
Hey guys,
Little help required n a big favour :)
Recently i purchased Galaxy S3, the model number says its i9300 n on its back cover 4g lte is mentioned, there is also an antenna on it. It has 2gb ram. N surprising it was rooted.
Its baseband says i9300zsema2.
Now i just wanna ask
1. How do i install custom recovery on it???
2. Which custom rom i can install on it??? I93100 roms or I9305 lte roms???

Hoping for reply thanks :)

xda rocks :p

Last edited:

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Hey guys,
Recently i purchased Galaxy S3, the model number says its i9300 n on its back cover 4g lte is mentioned, there is also an antenna on it. It has 2gb ram. N surprising it was rooted.
Now i just wanna ask

Im a little confused here :eek:. baseband says i9300zsema2, but your saying that it has 2GB RAM. i9300 is 1GB RAM and i9305 is 2GB RAM. something is not right here!

you should make sure which model you have. go into ''about phone'' in settings and check your model number if it is i9300 you should flash a i9300 recovery and i9300 rom. If it is a i9305 then i9305 recovery and i9305 rom. Be sure to be rooted before all!

for installing/flashing custom recovery with odin:

-download CWM recovery according to phone model (latest version recommended!!) it should be a ''.tar md5 file'' (google it)
-download Odin3 v3.09 (again google it) and open as administrator on your pc
-you should enable usb debugging in phone ''developer options''
-click AP button in odin and find the downloaded CWM recovery .tar md5 file and open it
-be sure that auto reboot and f. reset time are checked and re-partition is unchecked
-go in download mode with phone (hold VOLUME down + HOME + POWER buttons let go when you see samsung logo)
-connect your phone with the usb cable that came with the phone to your pc (odin should say in the message box ''Added'')
-click start and wait.. (when it says ''removed'' in the message box you can disconnect usb cable and phone should reboot)

Congratulations you have installed custom recovery ;) Boot into recovery to check it out ( VOLUME up + HOME + POWER) :good:

for how to install custom roms with recovery you should check out the thread of the rom you want to install for instructions or for more detailed info google it. Yeah google is your best friend :D

and remember everything you do is at your own risk!

hope this helps mate :cowboy:

Last edited:
Reactions: owaismukhtarkhan

owaismukhtarkhan

Oct 11, 2012
Karachi
Thanks bro for detailed info :)
But i wanna ask is there i9300 4g lte set released by Samsung, i want to purchase one more because its performance is awesome, can u guide me with this.
Thank

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
Thanks bro for detailed info :)
But i wanna ask is there i9300 4g lte set released by Samsung, i want to purchase one more because its performance is awesome, can u guide me with this.
Thank

as far as i know there is no i9300 4g lte, only the i9305 4g lte from the s3 series. but the galaxy s4 has also a lte version like the i9505 or the s4 mini i9195. just do some research and analyze the phone specifications and see what fits your needs the best. :):good:

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
post a photo of the sticker under the battery (ofc cover your IMEI and S/N) - it might help determining what model you actually own

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
This could be an American Galaxy S3, there is a variant that has LTE and 2GB RAM but only duel core. AFAIK Samsung released a Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 brought out by AT&T

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_i747-4803.php

Lists it as having Duel core, 2GB RAM and LTE.

In other words DO NOT FLASH GT-I9305 OR GT-I9300 FIRMWARE unless you want to brick your device. Please use the search on the forums and go to the appropriate Forum specifically for the SGH-i747. Then do some research first before flashing ANYTHING!

Last edited:

atease

Jun 25, 2011
This could be an American I9300 that is LTE and 2GB RAM but only duel core.

I would say that it is most likely a Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 brought out by AT&T

In other words DO NOT FLASH GT-I9305 OR GT-I9300 FIRMWARE unless you want to brick your device. Please use the search on the forums and go to the appropriate Forum specifically for the SGH-i747. Then do some research first before flashing ANYTHING!

But why the baseband say i9300 for that device? As far as I know it's codename has never had that format. At least CyanogenMod have merged all versions of the Qualcomm S3 LTE into d2lte.

Is it possible that some ROM:s for the i9300 can be flashed on an i9305? They are both Exynos devices.

theronkinator

Apr 16, 2011
This could be an American I9300 that is LTE and 2GB RAM but only duel core.

I would say that it is most likely a Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 brought out by AT&T

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_iii_i747-4803.php

No such thing as a "American I9300 that is LTE and 2GB RAM ", if it is LTE then it isn't an I9300, if it is dual core it's an American model, if it's quad it's an i9305 or a Korean variant.

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
But why the baseband say i9300 for that device? As far as I know it's codename has never had that format. At least CyanogenMod have merged all versions of the Qualcomm S3 LTE into d2lte.

Is it possible that some ROM:s for the i9300 can be flashed on an i9305? They are both Exynos devices.

Absolutely not! DO NOT FLASH an I9305 with an I9300 ROM. If you do you will be sending it to Samsung or some local repair place to have the IMEI number restored. Regardless of what partition is explicitly called in an installation script, if the device does not match the Partition ID/Partition Map and the Partition number it WILL wipe your EFS!

Further to this, I have had plenty of experience porting I9300 ROMs to I9305. Most of the time they won't boot. Even if working with just the core system files and using the stock kernel for your device (if you knew what that was) and the stock modem, it is still a massive task to get everything working.

See my info thread >>> here (note this is specific to I9305 international Galaxy S3 LTE - this may not apply to your specific device, but it highlights the complexity involved in doing such a process). Short answer is NO. Not compatible, don't try.

For what it's worth pull the battery out and look underneath, there should be enough info to ID the device on the sticker under the battery, further to that go to settings > more (if its 4.3 or above it) > about device. Please report back here the information you see in your about device section of the phone. Don't flash anything until you do that or you maybe very sorry. I am not guaranteeing that I or anyone else here can give you a definite answer but it is worth while being 100% certain before you: 1) waste time downloading something not for your device 2) mess your device up by flashing incorrect firmware.

I recommend you do LOTS of reading before even attempting anything.

No such thing as a "American I9300 that is LTE and 2GB RAM ", if it is LTE then it isn't an I9300, if it is dual core it's an American model, if it's quad it's an i9305 or a Korean variant.

Oh I am sorry do you have reading difficulties? Couldn't get past the first line of my last post to see that I basically corrected myself to align with what your saying? Your argument is null and void. /END SARCASM

Edited: For the sake of saving confusion for illiterate members.

Last edited:

owaismukhtarkhan

Oct 11, 2012
Karachi
Pictures of I9300 4G LTE

Sorry for late reply i was little busy,
here are few pictures of my S3 I9300 4g LTE
Pictures include
MOBILE BACK
STICKER
FRONT VIEW WITH ANTENNA
CPU INFO
SOFTWARE INFO
ABOUT PHONE

20140517_135722.jpg

20140517_135758.jpg

Screenshot_2014-05-17-13-57-31.png

Screenshot_2014-05-17-13-58-42.png

Screenshot_2014-05-17-13-59-01.png

Screenshot_2014-05-17-14-01-37.png

Last edited:

atease

Jun 25, 2011
Sorry for late reply i was little busy,
here are few pictures of my S3 I9300 4g LTE
Pictures include
MOBILE BACK
STICKER
FRONT VIEW WITH ANTENNA
CPU INFO
SOFTWARE INFO
ABOUT PHONE

I can't see any picture of the sticker behind the battery? And also no evidence of the 2 GB of RAM. I'd say it's a regular i9300 you have there.

That antenna has nothing to do with 4G as far as I know. It just looks like an after market back cover.

G

GuestD0539

On your fourth screenshot, it says Software Version: e210skslk7

That version is belong to a variant, specifically the SGS3 SHV-E210S

It's appears to be like the i9305, and certainly has 2GB ram and LTE, link below form gsmarena. But it's neither an international i9300 or an i9305...

A quad-core LTE-enabled Galaxy S III with 2GB RAM to hit Korea

And looking at samsung-updates.com, Samsung have released an official 4.3 rom for it.

http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SHV-E210S

There's already a thread on XDA dedicated to that model, listing all kernels/roms/rooting etc..

[OFFICIAL] Korean SGS III (SHW-M440S/SHV-E210S/K/L) Rooting, ROMs, and Kernel + Guide

Hope that helps! :good:

Last edited:

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
DO NOT UPDATE! I REPEAT, DO NOT UPDATE to 4.3.

You might be knoxed. Read about knox so you know what you're dealing with, if that version has KNOX, once it's in, you're not getting it out.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Welcome to Samsung. The device has a 32gb eMMC. Android and touchwiz steal 8gb. You're left with 22GB in the internal storage.

My i9305 has 16gb, storage left = 11gb give or take.

Reactions: owaismukhtarkhan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    Now i just wanna ask

Im a little confused here :eek:. baseband says i9300zsema2, but your saying that it has 2GB RAM. i9300 is 1GB RAM and i9305 is 2GB RAM. something is not right here!

you should make sure which model you have. go into ''about phone'' in settings and check your model number if it is i9300 you should flash a i9300 recovery and i9300 rom. If it is a i9305 then i9305 recovery and i9305 rom. Be sure to be rooted before all!

for installing/flashing custom recovery with odin:

-download CWM recovery according to phone model (latest version recommended!!) it should be a ''.tar md5 file'' (google it)
    -download Odin3 v3.09 (again google it) and open as administrator on your pc
    -you should enable usb debugging in phone ''developer options''
    -click AP button in odin and find the downloaded CWM recovery .tar md5 file and open it
    -be sure that auto reboot and f. reset time are checked and re-partition is unchecked
    -go in download mode with phone (hold VOLUME down + HOME + POWER buttons let go when you see samsung logo)
    -connect your phone with the usb cable that came with the phone to your pc (odin should say in the message box ''Added'')
    -click start and wait.. (when it says ''removed'' in the message box you can disconnect usb cable and phone should reboot)

Congratulations you have installed custom recovery ;) Boot into recovery to check it out ( VOLUME up + HOME + POWER) :good:

for how to install custom roms with recovery you should check out the thread of the rom you want to install for instructions or for more detailed info google it. Yeah google is your best friend :D

and remember everything you do is at your own risk!

hope this helps mate :cowboy:
    Welcome to Samsung. The device has a 32gb eMMC. Android and touchwiz steal 8gb. You're left with 22GB in the internal storage.

My i9305 has 16gb, storage left = 11gb give or take.