• Unsure

Votes: 161 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

BigJayDogg3

Feb 6, 2009
Will I buy one? Yes.

Will I buy one of these just announced phones? No.

I'd already made a decision to buy one of the first rounds of devices based upon what I already knew of the OS, but the phone has to be on AT&T, has to have a screen larger than 3.5 inches (preferably 4 inches), and has to have a hardware keyboard. I personally think the lack of external storage is stupid, especially since these "multimedia phones" don't top 16 gigs of storage.

If I could stick a keyboard under the Samsung Focus, that would be the perfect phone for me. I'd even be willing to settle for the HTC 7 Pro.

But since I'm in no hurry to buy a new phone since I just got a Captivate.

Hey, HTC! Make a HD7, 32 gigs or more of storage, and give it the Touch Pro 2's keyboard. I don't care if it runs Android or WP7. That there is my dream phone.

Last edited:

astraelraen

Sep 13, 2010
Nampa
I was dead set on waiting until later this year to buy WP7, I put off buying another smartphone for 4 months while I waited for official release time frame. Once they announced no Verizon until next year that killed it for me. In my area Verizon is #1 by a longshot for coverage, there is no substitute.

The sad thing is I really wanted to give WP7 a try, but unless Android drops the ball in future releases why leave Android, its a pretty sweet and very customizable OS.

Nevralgeek

Aug 20, 2010
www.nevralgeek.com
As a ZUNE HD owner, I'm totally in love with the interface.
It's just a shame they used these blue squares, but I like the way it works, the reactivity : that's the smoother devices I've ever seen.

But I bought an HD2, with the hope I'll be able to put WP7 on it.
I'm still waiting, and I hope it's gonna be possible, in order to use, or at least try WP7 before I buy a WP7 phone.

I'm not really ok with the datas hub, that's why I don't like Android. Don't like social networks, telling what I'm doing to everyone... So wait and see.

But Windows Phone 7 is the best smartphone OS, it's again a perfect work from Microsoft.

I hope they will rule mobile phones market. They deserve it.

athame

Feb 17, 2010
Our beloved HD2s can run any OS so why switch to WP7 when the HD2 already runs it (Not public yet!)
The hardware in most (currently presented) WP7 devices is as good as our HD2's
So.. maybe I will buy one if the hardware is superior to the HD2's!!!

Exactly! Like 8 MP Camera... HD recording... > 1 mhz processor... Better battery... and a strong WP7 appstore support... for now, HD2 is good enough for me... I'll just wait for the upcoming WP7 OS for HD2...

T

techsavvy.jaz

hmmmm

I would rather wait. I think Windows Phone 7 is still in early stages, hope t will evolve with time, until it evolves i would love to keep my desire with me. and specially gingerbread around the corner i will definitely not buy a wp7 device at least this year.

mvenneker

Jan 30, 2007
Enschede
i am very interested. i like the looks of WP7. although i am not impressed by the new phones which are shown atm[ specs-wise].

as a former wm 6.5 user, who switched to android [ cheers @ Galaxy S ] i guess i will stick a few months with this and in march 2011 when it's time to renew my 2nd phone subscription i might take a WP7 phone.

vwood2121

May 21, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i vote yes and no

yes if att would stop getting crappy htc phones, seems like they keep tryng to ruin their business. why cant they get the phones that tmobile or verison gets. if they would just get a good htc phone id buy wm7, no matter what it costs. dont want to change service, att needs to realize they are gettin screwed and quit gettin inferior phones. lol

jflexe99

Sep 2, 2010
I would if I didn't just get my captivate 2 months ago and wasn't in LOVE with it...plus since AT&T updated upgrade fees to 200 instead of 75....yea...

W7 phones look great in a lot of ways...very interesting. Plus seeing how its all new, maybe a good years wait would be worth seeing how the software and hardware work out in consumers hands.

Last edited:

M-en-M

Nov 10, 2009
I won't buy a WP7 device, as they simply do not offer enough hardware advances, and the web-browser is nowhere near Android's.
And really, that's what's most important to me (aside from making phone calls, sending messages, receiving e-mails, taking quick snapshots and listening to music, which both do equally well), the web browser, I don't really care about apps of sorts, or games. I just want a fast, complete web browser.

That said, when it's ported to the HD2, I'll definitely try it out.
And it's still a really competetive product, for those coming from WinMo/Blackberry/Symbian/the iPhone. (Amazingly smooth, and it's got a fair lot of great games to start with. Would you be interested in those.)

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Windows phone 7 will be my next target. :)
either Samsung Omnia 7 or HTC HD7 :-D

Last edited:

retsam88

Feb 23, 2009
No copy paste? Thank you then. Going to stick with older devices like Windows Mobile or android.

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Definately! I was an avid WinMo user against Android/iPhone/WP7, but since trying Android on HD2, I'm definately open to anything now. I really love Android and use it 100% of the time now.

I've changed my thinking from "I want to be able to do anything I want to my phone, spend countless hours customizing, etc." to, "As long as they get it right, it's nice to not have to customize EVERYTHING!"

It seems like Microsoft put a lot of effort into making the OS awesome so I will definately be buying one for TMOUS when the HD7 is released.

Sledgeman

Aug 8, 2010
Wtf!!! No Xbox Live in Sweden!?!?!? Ok, so that was one of the reasons i wanted to buy a WP7 phone. I was all pepped up and ready to order a phone as soon as possible but now it's really not that attractive anymore. Well, i guess i'll be looking at other phones then. :(

JonnieLasVegas

Jun 16, 2010
Las Vegas
I voted no, only because the option I need isn't available. I might get one once they have something FAR superior to the HD2, including customization & capacity to run multiple OS's, which I don't see happening for at least a couple more years. So I really have no desire to jump ship as of now.

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
I love Android now. So even if I'm gonna get Winmo 7 phone some day, it won't be any time soon.

And I never buy the first generation of new gadgets. Never.

Signo371

May 17, 2009
Arizona
Personally, I think the phone is well marketed now. While I love the ability to change my HD2 at my will, I would love a phone that works consistently and manages my life in a central environment. HTC Sense does this but it is not part of the phone "OS". I want a phone that keeps me entertained and keeps me happy to show people. When people asked me about my HD2 when I first got it, I'd go to show them something and it would freeze up. I'd have to restart and they'd wonder why a person had to restart a phone... Needless to say, it was embarrassing when I had talked the phone up so much.

On a final note, the WP7 OS is for me. A consistent phone with decent battery life and an alarm that I know will wake me up in the morning (sometimes the phone would get the greyish screen of death in the night. Lol) is what I need.

With school mounting up against me and life getting more complex, I do need to "look up" from my phone and live. Thanks WP7!