Details of a rom from Nandriod Backup

Search This thread

stevens243

Feb 8, 2014
Most ( not all) recovery apps let you name the file. Are you asking how to find the file? If so, it likely is in a folder named backups. You can move the file to your pc and keep it there if you are out of storage space.

Sent from my CROM-i X powered TF700T using tapatalk

Reactions: mayur.3.92
Most ( not all) recovery apps let you name the file. Are you asking how to find the file? If so, it likely is in a folder named backups. You can move the file to your pc and keep it there if you are out of storage space.

Sorry if I wasn't clear please consider the following situation :

I have around 12 backups of different roms and I dont want to restore each n every backup for sake of simple file or simple thing. So any tool which can read the name of Rom? Probably the buildprop or about phone info will help

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk

stevens243

Feb 8, 2014
Well, if you gave a single boot system, your recovery should "see" all of those files. If so, you can usb them or copy to a sd card and move them. Just move them back when you need to.

stevens243

Feb 8, 2014
Yep

Can someone explain nandroid backup to me? Does it mean I can make a backup my current rom and save it? Sorry for the dumb question.

Simply,it is a backup of your OS and settings. It is extremely valuable if you flash a new ROM that doesn't/won't function. Then, you can use your recovery to, well, recover your previous WORKING OS.

When/if you begin to flash new ROMs (and other tools that may corrupt your OS) you should always.first.backup.your.files.

stevens243

Feb 8, 2014
No assumptions

Can I assume I would need to wipe data/factory reset, etc. before I restore the backup?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

So, that depends on what your starting config is, what you upgraded to.

For instance, if you are stock and flash a ROM using the stock recovery, then likely yes. You should and you would use the stock bootloader to wipe with.

If you have loaded a new recovery (TWRP, CWM) then read(!) the instructions on the developers page. My example is that on my tablet, once I upgraded to TWRP, I SHOULD NOT use the factory wipe option as that would wipe both TWRP and the backup files. That would cause lots of problems so, don't assume.

Typically, you do need to data/reset/wipe prior to flashing a new or recovering to an old ROM, just be careful what/how you do it.

stevens243

Feb 8, 2014
I have a CWM recovery installed and installed custom Rome before. I have always redid everything again. So a backup would save me a lot of time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Then, unless the ROM developer states otherwise, you should make backups, wipe data, install ROMs and recover your device using the Nandroid backup.

You likely shouldn't use the "factory" wipe data as that would cause issues.

Larry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.