[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
i have international version note 2 and its rooted. now that new update is coming, that is 4.3. So how can i update my note 2 but i don't want to loose my installed apps and videos etc

My understanding is when it upgrades to different base version, your installed apps shall all be gone.
Though IF the flashing process has never removed (clean up your phone), you are advised to do so by doing a full wipe, to have a good clean ROM to run as your daily driver.

But, you should still be able to backup with titanium, and restore it back later on.
That's what I did everytime I upgrade the base ROM / or changing from ROM to another ROM. Clean installation is always the best, to avoid any FC / any unexpected error.

Sent from the corner of this rounded earth.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Hi guys, I have Some problem with my galaxy note 2 international.

Recently my phone turn to be super lag, google play had stopped and com.google.process.gapss has stopped, I dont know what to do.
My phone not rooted and I never playing with the system, any suggestion?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If that happened only recently, Try to remember the last app(s) you have installed / update before it happened.
Perhaps there is/are app(s) which require a lot of resources running in background.

So far I used any of my samsung devices, I never experience so called as "recently" just happen like that. There must be something I did (intentionally/unintentionally) which make the device lagging.

Sent from the corner of this rounded earth.

Reactions: poemsme

DaroK

Nov 20, 2013
SGN II - Region Lock problem

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum so dont be mad etc.

Situation: Bought Samsung Galaxy Note II as a used one on eBay. Phone is from United Arab Emirates, Unlocked. I didn't worried about that until this Region Lock thing ;/ I'm living in Europe (actually UK) and i want also to update it soon to 4.3 when it will come.

Question: Will my phone will be region locked? IF Yes, what I can do to have 4.3, which software is best? (for me is important stability and original like from Samsung or software looking like from SGN3) IF No, then i think there will be no more questions.

I think a lot of people are confused about this Region Lock, I read a lot about that Region Lock, how its work, somewhere I found it is some countries Region Lock Free etc. but still I'm confused and not sure. Please if someone know about this post any information would help. Thank You and sorry for my bad english

Scarec

Aug 27, 2012
version numbers

hi guys, just needed to ask a really dumb question that i can't seem to find the answer to. after a few years of being a pretty loyal htc user, i switched to the the note 2 almost exclusively for the smart gear watch. now i've been waiting for the 4.3 update and i see it's available for the N7100, while i have the sgh-1317m and am in Canada. does anyone know the differance in versions? thanks for the help.

paddypm

Feb 15, 2013
sydney, australia
stuck at the samsung boot screen

I would suggest going to recovery mode, doing a full wipe and then flash an official 4.1.2 ROM via Odin.

If this works then you can flash again any ROM you want.

Your mistake about the non working WiFi was that you just had to flash mj5 boot loader via Odin (if the ROM you used was mj5 of course), instead of flashing that fix.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Thanks Mate, I have done the full wipe and reinstalled 4.1.2 rom via Odin and got a "PASS". But still getting stuck at the boot screen.
Can you advise me where can I can mj5 boot loader. I am using the stock rom of vodafone australia so I guess it is mj5 boot loader. How do I check that. Thanks in advance.

edhaas

Feb 19, 2006
New York City
www.edwardhaas.com
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum so dont be mad etc.

Situation: Bought Samsung Galaxy Note II as a used one on eBay. Phone is from United Arab Emirates, Unlocked. I didn't worried about that until this Region Lock thing ;/ I'm living in Europe (actually UK) and i want also to update it soon to 4.3 when it will come.

Question: Will my phone will be region locked? IF Yes, what I can do to have 4.3, which software is best? (for me is important stability and original like from Samsung or software looking like from SGN3) IF No, then i think there will be no more questions.

I think a lot of people are confused about this Region Lock, I read a lot about that Region Lock, how its work, somewhere I found it is some countries Region Lock Free etc. but still I'm confused and not sure. Please if someone know about this post any information would help. Thank You and sorry for my bad english

As far as I know, region lock is only an issue with the Note 3, or perhaps branded Note 2's (sim lock). If you bought an N7100 (international version) you should have no trouble. I have flashed many roms (my counter is now at 24) from various locales, and never had an issue with my N7100 Note 2 getting cell data after putting in correct APN data. Be careful and read before updating to a 4.3 rom though. The stock ones so far do not allow you to "downgrade". Play around with the 4.1 roms first. Enjoy your Note 2!

cba165

Nov 20, 2013
need help about note 2

Dear All.
I am new here and want help.i purchase a samsung glaxy note 2 N7100 (used).OS omega rom 4.1.2 and phone show wrong imei but seral number is right.i check the imei at imei checking site .there show its nokia E63 mobile but at orignal imei show samsung note 2. I want to go back at official firmware and restore orignal imei. Its possible??? I check at many sites but mobile is not black listed or sloten.how can it possible i return to orignal?? . If some one want to check my phone status then i share here my imei and serial number later.plz help me plz plz plz

haaflidi

Nov 20, 2013
Installation Aborted (bad)

So im trying to install 4.4 CM 11.
I have cwm v6.0.4.3.
But when i wipe user data/factory reset, it formats everything like it should but it can't format sdcard/.android secure because it says the volume couldn't be found (maybe this isnt the problem concerning the flashing.. But it is a problem.)

So when i try to flash the rom.. It says "installation aborted (bad)"

It does this to all the 4.4 roms

Any idea what's wrong?

paddypm

Feb 15, 2013
sydney, australia

I would suggest going to recovery mode, doing a full wipe and then flash an official 4.1.2 ROM via Odin.

Your mistake about the non working WiFi was that you just had to flash mj5 boot loader via Odin (if the ROM you used was mj5 of course), instead of flashing that fix.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk[COLOR="Silv

Hi Regarding your advise " flash mj5 boot loader via Odin" -- Where can I get the MJ5 boot loader. I am not able to locate it in xda.

alibaloch1991

Aug 7, 2012
Lahore
Problem with USSD Code output

I have a Note 2 Lte(N-7105), and i have installed Skynote4.3 rom(based on Stock 4.3 for Att Variant), there was a wifi issue but it was solved after flashing Devil Kernal for tolte, everything else is working fine except one thing,
Whenever i recieve a operator message or check balance etc. By running USSD code, output is in some other language and thats so annoying, i know its a weird thing but ur help will be regarded, thanks in advance

P.s i have flashed several Modems but no success.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-16-17-18-54.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-16-17-18-54.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 56

alibaloch1991

Aug 7, 2012
Lahore
Here u go

hi guys, just needed to ask a really dumb question that i can't seem to find the answer to. after a few years of being a pretty loyal htc user, i switched to the the note 2 almost exclusively for the smart gear watch. now i've been waiting for the 4.3 update and i see it's available for the N7100, while i have the sgh-1317m and am in Canada. does anyone know the differance in versions? thanks for the help.

You can find Stock 4.3 for i317 here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2497994

PanosMouz

Sep 10, 2013
Athens

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk[COLOR="Silv

Hi Regarding your advise " flash mj5 boot loader via Odin" -- Where can I get the MJ5 boot loader. I am not able to locate it in xda.

excuse me ! didn't see your previous post! :)

here you go : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46936797&postcount=4

Check V2 section where it gives info on where to find the Bootloader and flash it

paddypm

Feb 15, 2013
sydney, australia

excuse me ! didn't see your previous post! :)

here you go : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46936797&postcount=4

Check V2 section where it gives info on where to find the Bootloader and flash it[/QUO

Thanks Mate, I checked the link, I am not able to locate the bootloader for Note 2 N7105T. I am a noob. Sorry to trouble you. Just now I have flashed (through ODIN) the stock rom and also rooted it.

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
Dear All.
I am new here and want help.i purchase a samsung glaxy note 2 N7100 (used).OS omega rom 4.1.2 and phone show wrong imei but seral number is right.i check the imei at imei checking site .there show its nokia E63 mobile but at orignal imei show samsung note 2. I want to go back at official firmware and restore orignal imei. Its possible??? I check at many sites but mobile is not black listed or sloten.how can it possible i return to orignal?? . If some one want to check my phone status then i share here my imei and serial number later.plz help me plz plz plz

Somebody reprogrammed your imei number. Your original imei maybe blacklisted and you have another imei number from another manufacturer. Get your money back.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestK00315

Is it possible

is there any way i can transfer 1.31 gb cache memory to internet sd memory i mean i only use 20 mb cache can i make cache like 100 mb and rest to internal sd ?

jaizkt

Jul 29, 2012
Hyderabad
difference between leaked 4.3 update and official 4.3 update

i need advice about the following...

"i had updated my note 2 with the leaked 4.3 update XXUEMK4. just 2 days later samsung started rolling out the official update and from the internet i could see that the build number of that is same as the one i updated to ( leaked XXUEMK4). Since i do not have much knowledge about the firmwares i would like to know if both of them are exactly the same or if there is any difference between them. Should i install the official one or just continue with the one i installed??"

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London
i need advice about the following...

"i had updated my note 2 with the leaked 4.3 update XXUEMK4. just 2 days later samsung started rolling out the official update and from the internet i could see that the build number of that is same as the one i updated to ( leaked XXUEMK4). Since i do not have much knowledge about the firmwares i would like to know if both of them are exactly the same or if there is any difference between them. Should i install the official one or just continue with the one i installed??"

You shouldn't need to update if the firmware version is the same.

gencho81

Aug 15, 2012
Nicosia
N7100 product code

Hello,
I take my phone from Cyprus.
When i check the firmwares in sammobile it shows Product code : CYV for 4.1.1 and 4.1.2
First i flash MI6 leaked rom and then MJ5 rom.
Now MJ5 rom is with OLB product code.
My phone shows product code : *******XTC (philipines).
What i have to do to be able to update via Kies because now it shows : Current firmware not supported for update via Kies.
I am not rooted

paddypm

Feb 15, 2013
sydney, australia
HI
Please advise where can I get the MJ5 bootloader. As I am able to flash any rom through recovery, you may also recommend a ROM (MJ5) compactable. then I will flash both the rom and bootloader. Pleaes help.My note is is GT-N7105T Vodafone Australia. Thanks in advance.

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London
Hello,
I take my phone from Cyprus.
When i check the firmwares in sammobile it shows Product code : CYV for 4.1.1 and 4.1.2
First i flash MI6 leaked rom and then MJ5 rom.
Now MJ5 rom is with OLB product code.
My phone shows product code : *******XTC (philipines).
What i have to do to be able to update via Kies because now it shows : Current firmware not supported for update via Kies.
I am not rooted

You need to get firmware versions and CSC to match for kies to work. Easier way might be flashing firmwares using odin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"