[Q] reliable rooting service

Search This thread

jesternsb

Sep 20, 2009
springfield, MA
Hey folks, Happy Friday!!!

I am going to be picking up a M8 here this weekend and wanted some suggestions on a rooting service.

All my prior phones I have taken the time to root and flash ROM’s…etc, life has just simply gotten in the way over the last few months and I have not and will not have the time to do the research to the point where I am ready to do the root myself.

Thoughts or suggestions on root services? I just want it done so I don’t have to worry about it. I saw an advertisement on one of the XDA forums when I poking around last night and now I can’t find it to save my life.

Thanks!

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Hey folks, Happy Friday!!!

I am going to be picking up a M8 here this weekend and wanted some suggestions on a rooting service.

All my prior phones I have taken the time to root and flash ROM’s…etc, life has just simply gotten in the way over the last few months and I have not and will not have the time to do the research to the point where I am ready to do the root myself.

Thoughts or suggestions on root services? I just want it done so I don’t have to worry about it. I saw an advertisement on one of the XDA forums when I poking around last night and now I can’t find it to save my life.

Thanks!

I know you said you don't want to do it yourself, but if you follow the weaksauce method, it will only take about a half hour, if that. You'll burn up that much time bringing it somewhere, or shipping it somewhere.

I know you said you don't want to do it yourself, but if you follow the weaksauce method, it will only take about a half hour, if that. You'll burn up that much time bringing it somewhere, or shipping it somewhere.

If all you want to do is root, it should take 5 minutes. Get weaksauce and run it; download SuperSU and install it; reboot. Bang goes the dynamite.

jesternsb

Sep 20, 2009
springfield, MA
Thanks gents, its been a few years since ive educated myself on the process and ive got a little one the way so times tight. Really i'm looking to have the ability to get ride of some of the bloat ware and use wifi tethering on my unlimited data plan without paying big red for it. From what i have gathered on weaksauce its more of a temp root that is done every time the phone restarts. i know i am most likely going to spend the time doing the homework but figured i would pose the question at least. The other part i want to educate myself on is the ability to capture ota updates......i got tired of having to reset my phone everytime a new ota update come through.

Thanks again....love the forum, best one on the interwebz

Thanks gents, its been a few years since ive educated myself on the process and ive got a little one the way so times tight. Really i'm looking to have the ability to get ride of some of the bloat ware and use wifi tethering on my unlimited data plan without paying big red for it. From what i have gathered on weaksauce its more of a temp root that is done every time the phone restarts. i know i am most likely going to spend the time doing the homework but figured i would pose the question at least. The other part i want to educate myself on is the ability to capture ota updates......i got tired of having to reset my phone everytime a new ota update come through.

As long as all you do is root, you should continue to receive OTA updates. OTA's fail when: (1) you load a custom recovery; and/or (2) you alter the \system files. Merely deactivating a file via app manager (which doesn't require root anyway) won't interfere with OTA updates. Installing the Xposed framework (which does require root) probably will.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4

I was also thinking about doing S-off, hence the half hour time. I would recommend that, so you will have permanent root, once you're all done.

nprev420

Jan 7, 2013
I am thinking of getting the Verizon HTC M8 within the next 2 weeks. Has the recent updates broke the root process of WeakSauce? I don't want to waste my money if I cant root and firewater s-off it.

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
there just is no easier way than weaksauce/firewater.... honestly, the hardest parts are getting adb setup right on the computer, and paying attention. Ive SOFF'd & rooted probably 30 of these phone now for people, ive never went to more than 3 bottles. Its super easy

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
there just is no easier way than weaksauce/firewater.... honestly, the hardest parts are getting adb setup right on the computer, and paying attention. Ive SOFF'd & rooted probably 30 of these phone now for people, ive never went to more than 3 bottles. Its super easy

I would have asked at least for a six pack each. x 30 - should be a fun weekend :D

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

fritzo

Jun 7, 2008

Is Weaksauce and SU still working? I have a stock M8 with all the updates and Weaksauce will install, but SuperSU gives "Installation failed, reboot and try again"

Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, same issue. Is this just my phone or is anyone else seeing this?

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
I would have asked at least for a six pack each. x 30 - should be a fun weekend :D

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ha, i usually do it while im drinking...... I just had my worst one to do, and it was my own HTC refurb i got back.... what misery

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Is Weaksauce and SU still working? I have a stock M8 with all the updates and Weaksauce will install, but SuperSU gives "Installation failed, reboot and try again"

Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, same issue. Is this just my phone or is anyone else seeing this?

It worked last night for me