Halo on screen

Search This thread

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Has anybody seen something like this before and can explain what it is?
Touch works fine, functionality is not impaired, but it's right in the center of the screen and is going to bug the heck out of me!!

Edit: Shoot! Screen shot does not capture it. It's an eliptical halo (a circle or ring of light).

usemyzys.jpg

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Never mind... After using the tablet for 30 minutes or so, it just disappeared.
Anybody have an idea what that was??

ndompierre

Jan 25, 2011
Quebec
Touch works fine, functionality is not impaired, but it's right in the center of the screen and is going to bug the heck out of me!!

Edit: Shoot! Screen shot does not capture it. It's an eliptical halo (a circle or ring of light).

usemyzys.jpg

Got the same issue exactly. Mine got squeezed in a bag, and the center of the screen touched the LCD.
The halo slowly dissapered over the next few minutes. This happened 3 times so far.

I replaced my portfolio after that because with it, the cover is not totally flat over the screen because of the claw that squeeze the tablet, and if you put something over the tablet, the portfolio cover bend in the center, so all the pressure is at one place.

Replaced it with the TransCover, everything fine now.

My old portfolio was like this model:

2014-NEW-Flip-PU-LEATHER-CASE-For-ASUS-Transformer-Pad-TF701T-TF701-Heat-Setting-Stand-Leather.jpg

Reactions: berndblb

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Got the same issue exactly. Mine got squeezed in a bag, and the center of the screen touched the LCD.
The halo slowly dissapered over the next few minutes. This happened 3 times so far.

I replaced my portfolio after that because with it, the cover is not totally flat over the screen because of the claw that squeeze the tablet, and if you put something over the tablet, the portfolio cover bend in the center, so all the pressure is at one place.

Hmmm - it did happen after I came back from a trip. Tablet was clamshell closed in a bag, no cover though. Could be that it got squeezed, that i threw another bag on top or some such..
Thanks for responding. I will be more careful now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ha! Could be... I was very close to Area 51 recently.
    I'm afraid it may be "The Ring" - Help!
    4y5ezeqe.jpg

Could be a water mark others have reported? Are you in a humid area?
    Nope. Bone dry here

usemyzys.jpg

My old portfolio was like this model:

2014-NEW-Flip-PU-LEATHER-CASE-For-ASUS-Transformer-Pad-TF701T-TF701-Heat-Setting-Stand-Leather.jpg