Mirror screen protector

Search This thread

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
Has anybody tried one on the Note yet? I had one on an old iPhone 3g, and my only complaint was that the screen wasn't bright enough to shine through properly. The screen on the Note is way brighter, so I'm thinking about giving it another go. Has anybody seen any in person yet on a Note?

Before I even submitted, I already ordered a three pack of cheap ones. Whoops. If it's obviously a quality problem (wavy), I'll buy nicer ones. If it's still too dark for me, I'll just pitch them.

Reactions: scotto541

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
They're here, and on. Install was on par with the typical screen film. That means I suck at it.

These first few were taken in my kitchen just after putting the film on, late afternoon facing east.

mirror front-101 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-100 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-103 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-102 by bccass, on Flickr

These were taken slightly later, but in a completely internal room to the house with flourescent lights behind me, and set on my MBP.

MBP screen off:

mirror front-104 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-103-2 by bccass, on Flickr

MBP Screen in screensaver mode:

mirror front-101-2 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-100-2 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-105 by bccass, on Flickr

And finally, I had to go manual adjustment to get it to focus on the reflection of the MBP screensaver:

mirror front-102-2 by bccass, on Flickr

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I have always wanted to see how those screen protectors looked on a device. It looks like it works well and doesn't diminish the view. How does it handle smudges? Thanks for taking the time to post.

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
Yeah, man. My only "real world" experience with it so far is low light at a bar/after hours. It was totally fine all night. In fact, in low light, I had a hard time telling it was reflective at all.

Reactions: jb0nd38372

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
Got a link to those? So far I've just been using my note in a case w / lip to protect the screen in case of a drop, and I don't carry it in my pocket with key's facing the screen anyway. I like the mirrored look.

Yeah, man. My only "real world" experience with it so far is low light at a bar/after hours. It was totally fine all night. In fact, in low light, I had a hard time telling it was reflective at all.

jb0nd38372

Feb 11, 2011
Savannah, Tn
Moto G Power
I don't know if you tried to link where I could purchase them, but i have looked on amazon and eBay and have yet to find them for the note. I have found them for the iPhone and every other phone made but not the note, GRR! LOL. Just as I posted this, I found these.. They the same as yours?

http://www.amazon.com/EMPIRE-Samsun...NHJC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335033060&sr=8-2

I got these ones, so I have two more (should I decide that the two bubbles I made are unacceptable, or for when I break this phone and get a replacement)

Last edited:

fbauto1

Mar 27, 2012
I tried one when i had my iphone back then. I removed it after a few minutes. In my opinion they are ugly and they make the phone look cheap. Just my 2 cents

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
It was fine with the pen. I got sick of looking at my fat face, so I took it off. Maybe, if I ever lose weight, I will put it back on and be vane again. I'm considering a matte one next.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They're here, and on. Install was on par with the typical screen film. That means I suck at it.

These first few were taken in my kitchen just after putting the film on, late afternoon facing east.

mirror front-101 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-100 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-103 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-102 by bccass, on Flickr

These were taken slightly later, but in a completely internal room to the house with flourescent lights behind me, and set on my MBP.

MBP screen off:

mirror front-104 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-103-2 by bccass, on Flickr

MBP Screen in screensaver mode:

mirror front-101-2 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-100-2 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-105 by bccass, on Flickr

And finally, I had to go manual adjustment to get it to focus on the reflection of the MBP screensaver:

mirror front-102-2 by bccass, on Flickr
    Has anybody tried one on the Note yet? I had one on an old iPhone 3g, and my only complaint was that the screen wasn't bright enough to shine through properly. The screen on the Note is way brighter, so I'm thinking about giving it another go. Has anybody seen any in person yet on a Note?

Before I even submitted, I already ordered a three pack of cheap ones. Whoops. If it's obviously a quality problem (wavy), I'll buy nicer ones. If it's still too dark for me, I'll just pitch them.