[Q] My HTC ONE (THREE UK Network) Stuck on Android 4.2.2 Can anyone help?

Search This thread

tomquartey

Jul 31, 2013
Hi Guys,

I rooted my HTC One previously but I wanted to update my phones android software so I can't much remember what I did, but
I tried to unroot it to get back to stock but I don't think I did this successfully.

My HTC One android version is 4.2.2
HTC Sense version is 5.0

am i right in thinking there are more up to date versions on the three UK network for my HTC ONE? But every time
i click check for software updates on my phone there aren't any that appear??

I'm really new to this, thank god i didn't brick my phone when i first rooted it, if i could i'd love to get
back to stock but I tried with no success, i really want to have an updated phone without having to
mess around with it anymore.

I believe i have attached an image more more information such as my baseband and kernel version.
could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to go back to stock so i can receive
updates without these issues. Thanks in advance guys

Kind regards

If I was you I would look to s-off your device, that way you can always have the latest rom version from XDA :) you can sometimes wait a long time for Networks to release the latest version to update over the air.

There are some very nice stock roms out there but if you don't wait to take the risk you need to unroot, restore stock recovery and relock your device I believe.

If you had made a nandroid backup before rooting you could have restored to the nandroid stock rom and simply restored the recovery and relocked.