NB1 to MK2

Search This thread

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
i tried the NB1 to MK2 method. the odin failed for no reason, saying that "Completion(write) failed". i tried several times and tried again after rebooting the computer and it worked. but the problem is that my phone wont boot. it's stuck on the samsung screen. how do i fix this? i did everything right! i double checked before initiating the odin. the phone wont even go to the downloadmode. Can JTAG fix this? JTAG worked last time when my MF3 got bricked.

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
i tried the NB1 to MK2 method. the odin failed for no reason, saying that "Completion(write) failed". i tried several times and tried again after rebooting the computer and it worked. but the problem is that my phone wont boot. it's stuck on the samsung screen. how do i fix this? i did everything right! i double checked before initiating the odin. the phone wont even go to the downloadmode. Can JTAG fix this? JTAG worked last time when my MF3 got bricked.

If you can't get to download mode or anything, then yes you'll need JTAG.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

Reactions: ryujeff

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue

oh, i can go to download mode now. whenever my phone is charging, i can't go to dowloadmode. so... is there a way to fix this since i can go to download mode? if not, im just gonna wait until full nb1 tar file comes out. is there a way to unbrick NB1 with JTAG? sorry for being a such a newb

megamanDJ

Jan 21, 2014
New Orleans
oh, i can go to download mode now. whenever my phone is charging, i can't go to dowloadmode. so... is there a way to fix this since i can go to download mode? if not, im just gonna wait until full nb1 tar file comes out. is there a way to unbrick NB1 with JTAG? sorry for being a such a newb
Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663545 and get the NB1 tars and flash in Odin. Then you'll find how to Safestrap and root.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663545 and get the NB1 tars and flash in Odin. Then you'll find how to Safestrap and root.

Ijust saw that there isnt a root method yet for NB1. If you haven't upgraded to 4.4 yet then you should try to get flashed back to MK2 and root it until there is a reliable rooting method for 4.4

Reactions: ryujeff

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ijust saw that there isnt a root method yet for NB1. If you haven't upgraded to 4.4 yet then you should try to get flashed back to MK2 and root it until there is a reliable rooting method for 4.4

thanks man. you saved my day. unfortunately i was on NB1

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
Did you end up staying on NB1 or doing the downgrade trick to get back to MK2?

i'm now on NB1, and i heard that the root method for NB1 should probably come out before verizon's NB1 release, so i'm just gonna wait until the NB1 root comes out. Because i seriously messed up my phone twice, so i'm not trying to do complicated things now.

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue

You can have a stock, rooted NB1 phone now thanks to muniz_ri. Here is the link.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50668385&postcount=4

Good luck.

I bricked my phone by that method. but since there is NB1 full tar, i'm gonna give it another try if the root method doesn't come out. I don't know what the problem was, but anytime i do something, i screw up my phone. I was a dev for Galaxy A in Korea, but now things have changed too much and now i barely install a rom.

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
I bricked my phone by that method. but since there is NB1 full tar, i'm gonna give it another try if the root method doesn't come out. I don't know what the problem was, but anytime i do something, i screw up my phone. I was a dev for Galaxy A in Korea, but now things have changed too much and now i barely install a rom.

Yeah, rooting was so much easier back in the day of unlocked boot loaders. My Galaxy Skyrocket just demands to wear a new rom every chance it gets. The Galaxy S4 on At&t is more difficult & the instructions must be followed exactly when flashing custom roms or it's Odin tar file party time. All in all, it's so worth it. The Kit Kat roms that are out thus far are just amazing. Thanks XDA!

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
But still i cant install AOSP roms. I like AOSP better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.