update software atrix hd

Search This thread

maur1c10

Mar 15, 2013
I got a Bell Canada Atrix HD from a co-worker. When I used Myth to flash from stock Bell to stock ATT, it would not work properly. When I used RSD with 98.4.20 without going through Myth, the ATT ROM flashed without any errors. I was able to take the OTA update, flash CWM, and revert to a custom ROM.

well now i used rsd and the rom installed fine but still the same problem with recovery, i think ill keep it, just go and install cwm and hopefully i can install the KK update with mythtools or rsd when it comes

edit: my bootloader is unlocked, could this have something to do with it?

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
well now i used rsd and the rom installed fine but still the same problem with recovery, i think ill keep it, just go and install cwm and hopefully i can install the KK update with mythtools or rsd when it comes

edit: my bootloader is unlocked, could this have something to do with it?

Having a unlocked bootloader should not make a difference. Did you install the 98.4.20 ROM and try to take the OTA update?

maur1c10

Mar 15, 2013
Having a unlocked bootloader should not make a difference. Did you install the 98.4.20 ROM and try to take the OTA update?

yes, that way it didnt work beacause it failed while trying to install (tried ti update after i flashed it), right now i have the 98.5.38 version installed nad everyhting seems to work fine right now except recovery

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
yes, that way it didnt work beacause it failed while trying to install (tried ti update after i flashed it), right now i have the 98.5.38 version installed nad everyhting seems to work fine right now except recovery

I'll find out myself if I have problems going back to stock from a custom ROM. Once Motorola releases KK, I think a lot of people will be using RSD and/or Myth.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to be running stock recovery and stock ROM to install the update.

The update includes security patches and some modem updates. This update may be necessary for taking the OTA KK update.
    You may need to be unrooted in addition to having stock recovery.

If you removed too many of the att apps, that may cause the update to fail as well.
    where can i find stock recovery?, because when i turn the phone on it takes about 40 secs to reboot into recovery to update, so i cant do anything with it now :S

Did you phone take the update or is it automatically booting into recovery?

The best way to get the update is to flash back to stock ATT 4.1.1, take the OTA update, re-install CWM, and carry on using a custom ROM. This is exactly what I did with a Bell Canada Atrix HD.

You can try re-installing stock recovery in fastboot.
    Did you phone take the update or is it automatically booting into recovery?

The best way to get the update is to flash back to stock ATT 4.1.1, take the OTA update, re-install CWM, and carry on using a custom ROM. This is exactly what I did with a Bell Canada Atrix HD.

You can try re-installing stock recovery in fastboot.

Yeah. The quickest, sure-fire way to get in a position to take the OTA update is to flash back to stock (stock files available here). You can use RSD or MythTools, whatever works for you. Doing this will also put you back on stock recovery.
    I had to do this, too, before I could take the OTA. But in my case I had modified/removed too many AT&T stock apps...
    so i flashed the stock recovery from the stock rom, but when i go into recovery the android is down with a red exclamation sign and i cant get into the recovery menu :S, did this happen to you by any chance?

When the dead Android dude is on the screen, tap the bottom right hand side of screen. Hopefully, a menu will appear.