[Q] Secure Booting Error! Cause: boot certification verify

Search This thread

haris182

May 4, 2011
Jakarta
Hello all,

Well, it's here... Unfortunately my phone got bricked last night :(

Can't boot into main screen and can't go to download mode anymore. :( The cause is, my phone was stuck when upgrading firmware and there's nothing to do about it except remove the battery, and then, BOOM!... "Secure Booting Error! Cause: boot certification verify"

Any LG G3 users here already experienced this problem? :(

I followed the solution on LG G2 sub-forum, but my ubuntu doesn't detect the port, although Windows recognized it. :(

If this happens to your G3 and you solved it, please share your experience :D

Thanks

Last edited:

paolotheking

Oct 23, 2013
Bari
Hello all,

Can't boot into main screen and can't go to download mode anymore. :( The cause is, my phone was stuck when upgrading firmware and there's nothing to do about it except remove the battery, and then, BOOM!... "Secure Booting Error! Cause: boot certification verify"

I followed the solution on LG G2 sub-forum, but my ubuntu doesn't detect the port, although Windows recognized it. :(

Thanks

Help me too :(

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Hello all,

Thanks
If Windows recognizes it then try using LGflashtool again.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

diego-ch

Aug 12, 2010
João Pessoa
I'm stuck at the same thing since yesterday.
could you tell us the solution @nofait?

I've been researching about this and noticed one thing,
if I hold the lg combo (vol up + usb cable), and keep holding it until it passes the secure boot error and the screen becomes black,
my device (d855) goes to the Qualcomm Download Mode (it's detected as ''Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008'' on windows 8.1 x64)

Apparently, on that mode we could use Qualcomm tools (QPST) to reflash the bootloader and the matching laf image (the one that brings up the download mode)
so we could then flash any KDZ using LG Flash Tool.

To do so we need to extract the bootloader files, sbl1.bin, aboot.bin, rpm.bin, tz.bin, boot.bin, and laf.bin, from a tot/kdz firmware converting them to mbn format.
Then using QPST eMMC Download Tool, we load the partition table xml and 2 image files: the flash programmer file and the qcom boot image, which I'm still trying to figure out where to get them since I can't dump my own phone, and then we might be able to recover it.

I'm still looking into it and hopefully we can find a way.
I did not send my phone to lg service, yet, because I think they will take too long to fix it.

seniga1

May 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
It happened to me a few days ago, but i had TWRP fully working so i could simply flash a ROM and then recover my things.

That thing about windows recognizing it as a msm8474 was a drivers issue (al least for me), i have a S5 too, i think that when i was tryng to get Heimdall working it changed the drivers (as you may know, s5 and g3 have the same board), so i just simply uninstalled it and then reinstall everything using .exe files from LG's website, after that windows 8.1 recognize it perfectly and i could flash KDZ without problems.

Other experience i had and that may help is what happened to me using an LGOG, couldn't boot, no recovery, no nothing, just trying to turn it on, it managed to get in fastboot mode (but with screen off and red LED all the time),from that point it was just about typing commands and flashing img to get it working

nofait

Dec 5, 2008

if I hold the lg combo (vol up + usb cable), and keep holding it until it passes the secure boot error and the screen becomes black,
my device (d855) goes to the Qualcomm Download Mode (it's detected as ''Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008'' on windows 8.1 x64)

Apparently, on that mode we could use Qualcomm tools (QPST) to reflash the bootloader and the matching laf image (the one that brings up the download mode)

To do so we need to extract the bootloader files, sbl1.bin, aboot.bin, rpm.bin, tz.bin, boot.bin, and laf.bin, from a tot/kdz firmware converting them to mbn format.
Then using QPST eMMC Download Tool, we load the partition table xml and 2 image files: the flash programmer file and the qcom boot image, which I'm still trying to figure out where to get them since I can't dump my own phone, and then we might be able to recover it.

I did not send my phone to lg service, yet, because I think they will take too long to fix it.

Hi,

You'll need to use a Windows 7 machine and the proper LG USB Driver (first post of this message) and change it to the COM41.

Do a BOARD DL and when the screen comes up and tells you to not touch it, ignore and press OK. Then press the power button and at the same type touch the "Normal +power". It should reboot and everything should be fine :)

Cheers!

Reactions: Tornisyourdaddy

diego-ch

Aug 12, 2010
João Pessoa
Hi,

You'll need to use a Windows 7 machine and the proper LG USB Driver (first post of this message) and change it to the COM41.

Do a BOARD DL and when the screen comes up and tells you to not touch it, ignore and press OK. Then press the power button and at the same type touch the "Normal +power". It should reboot and everything should be fine :)

Cheers!

So,
Should I use windows 7 32 bit or is it fine with 64 bit?
Will I need a .TOT file and a DLL for my model ( D855P 16gb ) or can I use a KDZ file?

EDIT: ok so I tried it, but flash tool failed to get model information from the phone.
were you in download mode? I can't get to download mode here.

Attachments

• boarddl.png
    boarddl.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:

paolotheking

Oct 23, 2013
Bari
So,
Should I use windows 7 32 bit or is it fine with 64 bit?
Will I need a .TOT file and a DLL for my model ( D855P 16gb ) or can I use a KDZ file?

EDIT: ok so I tried it, but flash tool failed to get model information from the phone.
were you in download mode? I can't get to download mode here.

I send my phone to warranty service, where they changed all the motherboard with new IMEI and SN.
Hope that they don't ask for money to repair the phone.

prana_Sky

Aug 21, 2010
Melbourne
[/COLOR]
Hi,

Do a BOARD DL and when the screen comes up and tells you to not touch it, ignore and press OK. Then press the power button and at the same type touch the "Normal +power". It should reboot and everything should be fine

Cheers! .

hi thanks for idea but could you explain in detail because is not working on my end. what screen comes up? i get ready in com41 . then download fail! (0 sec)

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

I send my phone to warranty service, where they changed all the motherboard with new IMEI and SN.
Hope that they don't ask for money to repair the phone.

did you get it back?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

Cheers!