[Q] Anyone else notice the amazon app store being a battery hog recently?

Search This thread

R1ptide

Sep 19, 2011
Ever since the latest update, well actually since the old version started asking me to update, the amazon appstore has been in the top 2 apps for battery usage. I don't remember this being the case before.

Just me?

denttarek

Jun 26, 2007
Disable notifications and automatic updates, seems to have no effect after that

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Ever since the latest update, well actually since the old version started asking me to update, the amazon appstore has been in the top 2 apps for battery usage. I don't remember this being the case before.

Just me?

I haven't had it with Amazon Appstore but I've had it with random apps here and there. Generally something gets hung up in the app and keeps it running in the background. I've found that clearing the cache (and in some cases clearing data) will fix it.

Good luck!

R1ptide

Sep 19, 2011
I haven't had it with Amazon Appstore but I've had it with random apps here and there. Generally something gets hung up in the app and keeps it running in the background. I've found that clearing the cache (and in some cases clearing data) will fix it.

Good luck!

Thanks
I cleared cache, uninstalled, and reinstalled fresh and that fixed it.

The app itself is much more responsive now, was really really laggy before so something was definitely off.