Galaxy Exhibit Accessories

Search This thread

jeff432

Oct 6, 2012
Detroit
Hey guys, lets make a thread about recommendations for cases, screen protectors, car adapters and such. :)

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
Those 1950mah Chinese batteries work well, for 16$ off ebay

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca

just search ebay for "T679 battery" and you'll find a bunch

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/High-Capacit...ies&hash=item4163984f81&_uhb=1#ht_2398wt_1018

1800mAh for $6 after shipping. That's a steal!

Edit: after closer inspection, i'm a bit skeptical. i think it's for the original exhibit, and because of our name change, the seller was probably unaware and accidently listed T679. just my theory... unless they use the same battery?? :confused:

Last edited:

NomadSpin

Sep 15, 2012
just search ebay for "T679 battery" and you'll find a bunch:

XDA must be getting buggy again, on my display it shows i quoted IRX120 :rolleyes:

Edit

Hmmm I will try an explain the reasoning behind that statement in hopes that maybe some good will come of it. .

When a post shows a quote its fairly easy to determine that the post is directed to the person being quoted. If the post has a question most of the time it wont matter who replies the author will appreciate the reply, if the question is appropriately answered. Ofcourse its always a good idea to look at the context of any post for there may be reasons why it is being directed to a single individual.

If we look at my first post we can see i quoted IRX120. The reasoning being is he says, or atlest implies to have personal experience with a company that sells "extended" batteries (may have just been hearsay, that would have been clarified). Now you may not realise this but there are atlest some dangers in shopping online. And if you find someone who can vouche for a company, that they can make a claim to have had a possitive experience with a company, well that could be about as good as gold. Ofcourse we need to look at the person making said claim but given the situation is seems reasonably safe to take IRX120s word for it.

Now no doubt in your own way you were just trying to "help". Ive seen many people (my self included) in this exact situation just try an help. What usually happens, in this exact situation, is the person just comes off sounding like an arrogant assss. Ofcourse that has never helped anyone i am aware of. Has it ever helped you? :)

Btw here are a few af the problems of shopping online http://www.forbes.com/sites/abegarv...ngers-of-online-shopping-precautions-to-take/

Last edited:

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
I have actually noticed on a couple different devices that rubber cases causes a phone to heat up a lot faster

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

steventrannn

May 10, 2012
What case do you recommend for the Galaxy Exhibit? I don't like the blue back cover, so I want to cover it with a black case. Also, do you use a screen protector of your Exhbit?

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
What case do you recommend for the Galaxy Exhibit? I don't like the blue back cover, so I want to cover it with a black case. Also, do you use a screen protector of your Exhbit?
screen protectors are a waste of money, i have my phone now over a year, and my screen looks better then the rest of the phone lol. i have not yet found a case that i like for our phone.

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
This is the case I use. Might not be pretty, but it does the job.

Qsuxp.jpg

I haven't noticed any heat issues with this case either. In fact, that might even explain the honeycomb design. I've always kind of wondered if it was there for a functional purpose, or just looks. Maybe it's something to do with heat dissipation.

Not sure where else to find a case like this (maybe eBay or one of those mall kiosks) but mine originated from my carrier. They called it the Affinity skin.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
Mine is almost identical except it does not have the honeycomb design just flat

trent25

Jul 31, 2012
About the extended ebay batteries. I got one last winter 1800mah. Turns out it lasts less than the original battery. I now use the original, and keep the "extended" one as a spare just in case I run out and don't have time to plug my phone into my laptop's usb.

I guess YMMV, but from my experience you get what you pay for

afwolfpacked

Mar 6, 2012
Delran, NJ

Look at the D30 from T-Mobile. You can paint the inside of the clear plastic back or use colored paper and knock out the holes. This is an option that works wellwell

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

allenx1966

Aug 1, 2012

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/High-Capacit...ies&hash=item4163984f81&_uhb=1#ht_2398wt_1018

1800mAh for $6 after shipping. That's a steal!

Edit: after closer inspection, i'm a bit skeptical. i think it's for the original exhibit, and because of our name change, the seller was probably unaware and accidently listed T679. just my theory... unless they use the same battery?? :confused:

i got one of those "extended" batteries with the humback cover for a nexus 1. it was total junk, battery completely died after 2 weeks of normal use. even when it was working, it never outlasted the stock oem battery.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

i know everyone probably heard this tip for batter life, "turn off wifi when not in use" . when i read it, i was like blah blah blah. i went ahead and tried it, WOW what a difference ! i went from having 7 to 10 hours standby , to 40 hours. that tip on this phone really works well. i think it only works when you are in a no wifi area with wifi off. basically, searching for a wifi that isnt there REALLY drains the battery bigtime.

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
i know everyone probably heard this tip for batter life, "turn off wifi when not in use" . when i read it, i was like blah blah blah. i went ahead and tried it, WOW what a difference ! i went from having 7 to 10 hours standby , to 40 hours. that tip on this phone really works well. i think it only works when you are in a no wifi area with wifi off. basically, searching for a wifi that isnt there REALLY drains the battery bigtime.

This is my 2nd Android phone, and ever since my first, I quickly got myself in the habit of manually toggling Bluetooth, Wifi, and GPS. Bluetooth and GPS are always off unless I'm in the car. As soon as I leave work or home, I turn my Wifi off. It's more or less second nature for me to do it at this point. And when I do forget, the reason I usually get reminded is I notice my battery draining much faster than I expect it to be. When I look, sure enough, I forgot to shut off the radios I'm not using.

Kamatari+

Sep 18, 2010
Florida
Here's the case I use currently : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-GEL-T...092483?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item564a1539c3

It's a really stylish gel cover (black). This particular case is sold by multiple sellers on ebay, and always around the price of $2. The seller I picked mine up from had free shipping and included a screen protector! The case is great looking, easy to clean, and awesome to grip!

Here's the case I had previously, my first case used with this phone: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...786337?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item46082b9ba1

Another low cost and stylish case, it comes in the color white and is made out of soft silicone! I loved the white look on this dark phone, as well as the amazingly smooth finish the silicone offered. I ran into two problems that caused me to replace this though. First off it dirtied really easy from a combination of it's color and it's material. Second, a tab that held both the front and back plates together broke and which eventually caused the case to crack as well.

This isn't a holster I owned , but it's on my wishlist: http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=42375

This holster looks sleek and will definitely keep my phone out of my pocket, but not too far out of reach.

Fredder97

Nov 28, 2012
I got one of those generic gel cases for $6 for both mine and my dads phone, and I just left the screen cover on that it shipped with, workes just fine for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's a solid black D30 that works really well.