[SCRIPT] Widget Scanner v1.1 AROMA | Reload HTC Widget List | For All Sense 4.x ROMs

Search This thread

Patrics83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
Reactions: MarckX and ilamaan

ilamaan

Mar 6, 2011

Patrics83

Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
Sv: [SCRIPT] Widget Scanner v1.1 AROMA | Reload HTC Widget List | For All Sense 4.x R

This is a great tool. I can't comment on Redmondpie.com. However, I sent a tweet about the nick to them with the link. I hope they would correct it soon. They should be really careful with these things to credit great developers like you correctly.

Thanks!

They made a really good review and I'm sure they will change it as soon as they findout about the tiny mistake :D

Nice to see this kind of response I must say. Didn't expect it tbh :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: ilamaan and MarckX

ilamaan

Mar 6, 2011
Thanks!

They made a really good review and I'm sure they will change it as soon as they findout about the tiny mistake :D

Nice to see this kind of response I must say. Didn't expect it tbh :)

Sent from my HTC One X

This tool deserves such publicity. It's a very important and time saving tool for everyone. Moreover, fixing this troublesome issue which occurs often with users. You had it coming after doing such a great work! :D

EDIT: They have updated with correct name now. I e-mailed about it hour ago to them.

Last edited:

Patrics83

Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
This tool deserves such publicity. It's a very important and time saving tool for everyone. Moreover, fixing this troublesome issue which occurs often with users. You had it coming after doing such a great work! :D

EDIT: They have updated with correct name now. I e-mailed about it hour ago to them.

Amazing :D

Thanks for all your support!

Reactions: MarckX and ilamaan

luke2025

Jan 18, 2010
larnaca
interesting tool, a must have for us sense users =D
the answer to my question is most likely 'no', but i want to make sure:
if i record or backup these widgets on my sense rom, then move to a aosp, will the restore feature install the widgets on the rom? or does it merely backup the data of the widgets?

Patrics83

Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
interesting tool, a must have for us sense users =D
the answer to my question is most likely 'no', but i want to make sure:
if i record or backup these widgets on my sense rom, then move to a aosp, will the restore feature install the widgets on the rom? or does it merely backup the data of the widgets?

Well the answer is 'no' :D

Sorry mate, Widget Scanner will trigger a re-scan of htc widgets that's all.

With trigger a re-scan I mean, it will change a value in a file and when your reboot your phone after applying the zip HTC launcher will search for HTC Widgets again.
Normally this is done only once and that's after a fresh install of a Sense ROM.
Before we had Widget Scanner then only way to re-scan the wdigets was to clear HTC Sense data, which also will restore the home screen to default and you will have to set it up all over again.

Regarding backup of home screen you will not be able to restore Sense launcher home screen settings on lets say Nova launcher etc.

It's like to restore wordfude settings to XDA app or something.

Reactions: luke2025 and MarckX

Patrics83

Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
Home Screen Saver

What it is?

Recently me and others have been suffering from a weird bug. After a normal reboot some of my widgets gets removed from the homescreen!
So after each reboot I have to set up my homescreen again...

I did some research and found out that it only happened to 3rd party widgets. (asec apps)

And since I'm a script freak I started to build my "workaround solution". :p

After you have flashed "HomeScreenSaver", a script will be executed at reboot. This script will backup your entire homescreen.
Then when your phone reboots again, another script will be executed and restore your homescreen.

With other words, no more missing widgets after reboot!

When to use it?

• If your 3rd party widgets keeps falling off the homescreen after a normal reboot or shutdown

READ MORE > [SCRIPT] Home Screen Saver v1.1 | No More Missing Widgets After Reboot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Widget Scanner

What it is?

Most of you have heard about ROM Cleaner, it's been released for 10 different devices most of them are HTC devices.

The biggest problem we have been facing with HTC devices is when we remove system apps from the device it will in most cases result in a incomplete widget list and the only way to bring them back is to clear HTC Sense data.
    By doing so we are forcing HTC Sense to reload our widgets.

Of course this method works perfectly but since your home screen will be restored to default it's a real pain to recreate all your shortcuts and widgets on the home screen.

With "Widget Scanner" we are now able to force HTC Sense to reload the widgets without clearing anything at all!​

When to use it?

• If you are missing widgets, even if you didn't remove them.
    • If you have been flashing a mod that resulted in missing widgets.
    • If you have been removing HTC Sense apps after the initial boot process.
    • If your widgets for a "unknown" reason just disappeared.
    • If you have been restoring/installing HTC widgets.

How to use it?

• Download "Widget Scanner" and copy the zip to your sdcard.
    • Reboot into recovery and flash it just like a ROM.
    • Follow the instructions in the AROMA Installer.
    • When done, Reboot.

Graphical Step by Step:

3_desireHD2012-12-26_14-19-03.png
    4_desireHD2012-12-26_14-19-57.png
    5_desireHD2012-12-26_14-20-30.png
    6_desireHD2012-12-26_14-22-15.png
    7_desireHD2012-12-26_14-22-39.png

Download

Featured on XDA and Redmond Pie

Developers: If you want to use this in your ROM or in a mod. Just PM me before you do so...
    User Feedback

Brilliant modification :good:
    I was very sad to see all my widgets gone after last rom. But after I flashed Widget Scanner they were all back :)
    Thanks for magnificent work ;)
    Very brilliant idea indeed. Thanks very much for this. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    great work
    will be where usefull
    :good::good::good:
    You are the man.
    Saves a lot of time figuring where did our widgets stroll from our sense launcher.
    Thank you very much. :)
    Awesome idea buddy ... This is Android developement!
    This is absolutely brilliant. Such an awesome idea and way :D :thumbup:
    Looks Ideal, will give it a try on my One S! & will report back! ;)
    sounds a great mod. devastating that its sense only hope someone can do the same for touchwiz/samsung
    Great !!!

Just used it, works perfectly (rom: Venom ViperX 3.2.3).
    Thank you !!!!