OFF-TOPIC LOUNGE non-device related discussions

Search This thread

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
What do ya'll think of the "new" iOS7?? AKA Android copied hahaa.

Attachments

• BMdWHm7CYAANqSN.jpeg
    BMdWHm7CYAANqSN.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 158

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
It isn't exactly android copied. Apple knew that they needed to switch it up to keep people on their side, so they revamped the whole system. We can say android had it first, but you really can't make something your own once it was made. So yea, it is gonna look a little like ours. They were just meeting their demands. There are similarities in android that look like iOS too. You can just say "Look at apples new font! We have a font too! They copied us!"
It is all just preference. Personally I like how iOS 7 is looking. Makes me consider the iPhone as a next phone so I can just use it as a phone and I can use my android device to flash to my little hearts desire without having to worry about backing up everything. The only thing I see that is dramatically the same close to android is their "dynamic" wallpaper which has bubbles similar to ours, but hey! I like the color. ;)

It does look similar in some ways, but in this industry they are just trying to meet the demands of their people. Nothing is original, you will see it somewhere else. Doesn't mean they copied. They just simply realized that they were getting outdated.

Go ahead and hate all you want. I am not a fanboy of either sides.
I like iPhones because they are simple and don't need much customization, if you just want a simple phone that works great with iTunes (which I do use), then it is the definite choice.. I don't not like the iPads though, to me they are overpriced. Apple usually makes their phones feel well built, which is what I like about them. They feel premium. If their prices were ridiculous, I would consider owning one. Sometimes simple gets boring though, which leads to why I like Android.

I like android because the possibility is endless with them. I can customize it all I want. To work for me. I like the tablets in android because they are cheaper and more efficient. Would be nice to see Android have their own "iTunes" program (and no, not like the Google play kind. Something different). Even though all the customization is great, sometimes it is over whelming. Trying to make a home screen perfect can take hours. Getting the right effects, choosing ROMs, etc.. to some it doesn't matter, but when I have so many choices, it can be hard to leave it alone. This is where the iPhone comes in. It is simple and gets the job done. Android has way for features. It is the sorta thing is they are there if you need them. You would be mad if they weren't. Android is moving so fast, I can not wait to see what is in its future. Android 5.0 may be another revamp that blows our minds. Can't wait to go play with a key lime pie device in best buy or radio shack one day. :)

Sorry about the long message back. I'm just tiring of hearing how iOS stole androids look or how android is better. In my opinion, it all depends on who you are: Whether you like or have the time for customization, or just a busy person who needs something simple and gets the job done. Both companies make excellent phones, so lets all agree on that. iOS 7 is gonna look beautiful. May not be "innovative" to us, but if we look at iOS 6 and back, it is totally different now. Too much to buy an iPhone, but would definitely love to try it.

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3 "Supernexus"
Whiplashh Rom
Look it up. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jsp20

spiderSWIL

Jun 11, 2013
Ya I gotta say I've never used an Apple device or feature that I didn't like or find useful, regardless of who invented it. That being said, I despise them as a whole.

Their restriction of their software is illogical, I'll never understand why you wouldn't push customization and the ability to be unique. I mean I do get it, from a "hold onto this monopoly" standpoint, but I hate that as a business model it actually works.

Not being rude but how do people allow the SAME PHONE to get shoved down their throats a couple times a year?????

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Ya I gotta say I've never used an Apple device or feature that I didn't like or find useful, regardless of who invented it. That being said, I despise them as a whole.

Their restriction of their software is illogical, I'll never understand why you wouldn't push customization and the ability to be unique. I mean I do get it, from a "hold onto this monopoly" standpoint, but I hate that as a business model it actually works.

Not being rude but how do people allow the SAME PHONE to get shoved down their throats a couple times a year?????

I agreed with this 100%. I stopped using apple after my first iPod in 2009. They have looked the same since say one. iOS7 will be a fresh start and I like the look so far. I wish they would update more often and actually give more customization to the users.

------------------------
Whiplashh Rom

emazzy72

Mar 29, 2013
How bout them Blackhawks??? Stanley Cup here we come!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

TheSocalGuy79

Feb 9, 2011
Orange County, California
How bout them Blackhawks??? Stanley Cup here we come!!

They lost. Lol

Sent from my Freeza MD4 Stock Rooted Galaxy S3

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

I agreed with this 100%. I stopped using apple after my first iPod in 2009. They have looked the same since say one. iOS7 will be a fresh start and I like the look so far. I wish they would update more often and actually give more customization to the users.

------------------------
Whiplashh Rom

I can and will honestly say I don't use a iPhone because of the lockdown. If I had freedom like I do with Android I would get one.

Sent from my Freeza MD4 Stock Rooted Galaxy S3

gronimo21

Apr 16, 2011
WINTER PARK,FL
Not that it matters but who would go see the Steve Jobs movie whwn it comes out starring Ashton kutture

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Question of the day:
When android releases 4.3, will cyanogenmod call it cm 10.2?

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3 "Supernexus" Thanks To Cyanogenmod
Whiplashh Rom

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Question of the day:
When android releases 4.3, will cyanogenmod call it cm 10.2?

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3 "Supernexus" Thanks To Cyanogenmod
Whiplashh Rom

I would imagine so, 4.3 is still jellybean so i would think they would do 10.2 and not 11... 11 would be reserved for key lime pie most likely

“It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."” ― David Brin

alaman68

Nov 20, 2010
drinking under a bridge
so any of you guys out there ever jailbreak an iPad 1? I have one and was thinking about giving it a shot. I believe the software is 5.1.1 and i did search, but I prefer any thoughts from here from you guys with first hand experience.

thanks

EvoTillIdIE

Apr 1, 2011
March to your capitol building on 4 of july the nation needs your voice. Dont sit on your a$$ to drink beer and eat crappy gmo food. There will be a march in all fifty states so find out when and were. Time to fight back with our voices let them be herd and spread the word.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: chris-allen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OFF-TOPIC LOUNGE

Kenny sorry for making a thread about this. But sad to say dont realy have friends who I could tell without getting smack talk to.

Anyways I know no one knows me here, other then maybe by that annoying guy with the dumb question or that noob.

Like I saif i dont really have friends beside two which is sad. But here it goes im going to have a baby!!!!! I know no one care but I just wanted to tell the world.

Kenny again sorry for the thread. Feel free to remove.

Sent from my Death Star using xda force
    Here is a place where you can talk about anything BUT keep it clean please and NO FLAMING!

With that said let me congratulate Ivcesar and the wonderful announcement in the next post!

Enjoy all!

Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Re: *off topic* Lounge for all non-S3 conversations

Anyone else think its stupid that I cant post on the developer section to let them know I am testing there rom out and inform them of bugs until I have 10 posts? And the post part is i have to wait 5 minutes between each post. I have been a member for 6 months and a user since the drop of the original Evo. This sucks! <<
    Nope, not stupid at all... I think they should raise the limit actually
    I agree with Flastnoles11, it should be higher. Make sure someone has read and read and is serious. 10 post can be accomplished in half a day. As someone else said you gave the ability to PM someone in the thread or a developer.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Anyone else think its stupid that I cant post on the developer section to let them know I am testing there rom out and inform them of bugs until I have 10 posts? And the post part is i have to wait 5 minutes between each post. I have been a member for 6 months and a user since the drop of the original Evo. This sucks! <<

Nope, not stupid at all... I think they should raise the limit actually

There is always PM's.

Sent from a planet far far away.