[Guide] Unbrand HTC 8X

Search This thread

Idhor Naergon

Aug 18, 2009
Brasília, DF
Ruu rom uk

Does anyone have a ROM from United Kingdom for 8X?? Mine is stuck on UEFI screen. It seems it doesn't have any ROM installed. Please, I need help!!

oisindubh

Jan 31, 2012
Burnley Lancashire
Orange HTC 8x

Woohoo! It worked (eventually). Not entirely sure the instructions above are entirely in the right order, but a random combination followed by a hard reset and re-flash got me back into Windows. The question is, has this fixed the missing features that Orange for whatever reason stripped out?

Update: Yep, there they are... :D Though I am somewhat disappointed that I don't get to take the phone back to the shop with the Windows Recovery Menu on display.

Hi Interested to read your experiences, I am avidly awaiting my 2nd user Orange branded HTC 8x from ebay. just wondered a) how tricky was the eventual debranding and B) does this also unlock the sim to allow any network?
Oh and will OTA updates work afterwards?
Thanks
D

LordKenny

Nov 24, 2011
My instruction. This is instruction less dangerous.
Requirements:
-An Y-cable
-sd card or usb drive key
-Archive+ ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh with official utility http://yadi.sk/d/W1N-3vS62zXZA
-usb key
-Microusb cable
1. Unpack archive.
2. Shutdown phone and enter phone to bootloader(Press and hold volume up and volume down and button shutdown)
3. Connect the microusb cable to phone.
4. Launch ROMUpdateUtility.exe and wait window with button Finish. press finish
5. Wait, while phone don't enter to bootloader.
6. Format your sdcard or usb key in fat32
7. Copy the full rom RUU_Signed.nbh to the usb key.Rename it ACDUDIAG.nbh
8 Connect the usb key to the Y-cable powered. Connect the cable to phone and shutdown phone and press camera
you will see the text ACDUDIAG.nbh on top left during 1 second
9. Wait, while phone don't enter to bootloader. Disconnect cable.
10. Shutdown phone, and when view htc logo, press and hol volume down, while don't show exclamation mark.
11. Then you should do hard reset .( Press by rotation, volume up, volume down, button shutdown, volume down). Phone reboot and show cogwheel.
t is also possible from the first phone won't go into Windows Phone. Repeat steps 9-10.
if show uefi black screen with text or show blue screen without text, you must flash this instruction.

Last edited:
Reactions: oisindubh

everal

Sep 25, 2008
Please test external loudspeaker

hi at all,

after debranding my device from "german o2" to "htc stock" i have the following error:

external loudspeaker are very very low loudness with disturbing noise.

i have now the confirmation from 2 different persons (one mobile and one fixed network).
no chance to execute a talk over external loudspeaker....

but on my side every thing works fine (i hear my telephon-partner perfects)

all other settings/functions works like a charm...

Software is now:
FW:20005.401 / Bootloader 162966

before debranding:
FW:1532.20.20002.207
Bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(161722)

Questions:
1. can anyone confirm that it has also this problem after debranding to htc stock???

Last edited:

oisindubh

Jan 31, 2012
Burnley Lancashire
hi at all,

after debranding my device from "german o2" to "htc stock" i have the following error:

external loudspeaker are very very low loudness with disturbing noise.

i have now the confirmation from 2 different persons (one mobile and one fixed network).
no chance to execute a talk over external loudspeaker....

but on my side every thing works fine (i hear my telephon-partner perfects)

all other settings/functions works like a charm...

Software is now:
FW:20005.401 / Bootloader 162966

before debranding:
FW:1532.20.20002.207
Bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(161722)

Questions:
1. can anyone confirm that it has also this problem after debranding to htc stock???

Sorry I can't. I was overjoyed to find my 2nd user although advertised as an orange phone was unbranded and unlocked, win, win!
Now if i could only get my android mp3 into the ringtone folder .....:victory:

parkodrive

Jun 15, 2010
Stoke
Does anyone know if this will 'sim unlock' the device? Mines currently locked onto Three UK and I'm looking at switching phones with a friend who is on a different network.

oisindubh

Jan 31, 2012
Burnley Lancashire
Unsure, I do know the unlock (paid for) utility found on google worked absolutely perfect one my HOX, taking away the 3 dependendcy and leting it run on giff gaff as well.
It even seemed to improve the reception capability of the phone

microchip13

Aug 5, 2007
I also can't get this working on a T-Mobile 8X. It should be closer to the Europe/Asia version than the Verizon version, though I guess it does have AWS. Any chance we might see an unbrand for the T-Mobile one?

Bratpfanne

Mar 4, 2013
Singapore
Confused...

i unbranded my t-mobile 8x. the rom-files/tutorial worked for me.

That means you can also unbrand the USA 4G version with Chip SOC Version 8960?? :confused::)

I thought it would only work with the european version without 4G and Chip SOC Version 8260A, because the ROM is from Europe.

So can you unbrand both versions with this ROM?? :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

microchip13

Aug 5, 2007
It occurred to me we might need to disambiguate between T-Mobile USA and T-Mobile. I've got a T-Mobile USA 8X.

Domell81

Feb 26, 2013
Problems

Hello all, and I have two questions ....
from where or how do I get these files
-RUU_Signed.nbh
-UEFI_signed.nbh
-ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
and the second thing is that this software is in Polish language European
So I'd asked for information on how to get these files and is Polish language

gillesguinet

Mar 17, 2011
Anaheim
Im getting stuck like other people did, when i hold camera button and plug it in i get this white screen with green information, i have the tmobile USA 8x and my firmware is below what is listed...

any help and how you guys got it to work?

ps i used 2 different cables with the same result!

neoxitric

Feb 18, 2013
That means you can also unbrand the USA 4G version with Chip SOC Version 8960?? :confused::)

I thought it would only work with the european version without 4G and Chip SOC Version 8260A, because the ROM is from Europe.

So can you unbrand both versions with this ROM?? :fingers-crossed:

lay the blame on me! ;) sorry guys for the mistake! i always meant t-mobile germany. just for information, i didn't try tethering.

EDIT: was curious about tethering and tried it just a few moments ago. works fine!

EDIT: system-info: can't post direct link, because i did not 10 posts?! wtf?! htt*://imgur.com/w06aLq3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi
    i have successfuly unbrand my locked,vodafone branded 8X and flash a Stock HTC rom ! :victory:
    the process has been tested on PM232****/c620e Device & also 8S using different filename....
    this process bypass the CID check like Wp7 goldcard & can also fix some bad flash/reboot loop.

Caution!
    use at your own risk.
    I take no responsibility for any conflict or damage to your device

Requirements:
    -An Y-cable
    -sd card or usb drive key
    -the 3 .nbh extracted from those 2 exe using winrar:
    official rom HTC_Europe_2.00.401.03
    ACDU FIX*

-RUU_Signed.nbh
    -UEFI_signed.nbh
    -ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh

How to flash:

1- Format your sdcard or usb key in fat32
    2-Copy the file .nbh you want to flash to the usb key
    3-Rename it ACDUDIAG.nbh
    4-Connect the usb key to the Y-cable powered
    5-Shutdown the phone press camera button and connect the cable
    you will see the text ACDUDIAG.nbh on top left during 1 second
    then the flash will start.

For my european device with Bootloader 162966 i have flash in this order:
    -UEFI_signed.nbh
    -ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
    -UEFI_signed.nbh
    -RUU_Signed.nbh
    -ACDU_UEFI_PROV_KEY.nbh
    -UEFI_signed.nbh

* Notice:
    (try different order for flash files if you have problem or if stuck on bootloader screen with uefi message)
    I have used this step but i think you can directly flash
    UEFI_signed.nbh then -RUU_Signed.nbh without Acdu depending on your software version

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has been able to achieve this on the Verizon HTC 8X. I'm tired of waiting for Portico from them and if I could unbrand my device then I could receive Portico as well as have the ability to group text. Also I'm not sure what you mean by a "Y Cable". If you could elaborate on that I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
    You should check if the hard/software versions match, If they do you can try. If they don't you can still try but risk of the device not booting anymore.

Y cable is two female USB plugs connected, and a USB male plug only for +5v DC. check here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1676794
    Successful from asia to eu ;)
    11105_426778994074110_871715720_n.jpg

66751_426783034073706_1957505276_n.jpg
    Hi at all,

i have now a brandingfree HTC 8x :)

base was the following rom and bootloader:
    german o2 firmware:15232.20.20002.207
    bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(161722)

very very good guide in first post...

you need only this:
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...s_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=pocketpc0d-21
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...s_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=pocketpc0d-21

but two difference on my own...

the message
    display after step 8, NOT after Step 7
    with error UEFI for Key Provision ONLY

i have flashed in step 9 again the "ruu_signed.nbh" named as "ACDUDIAG.nbh" (same as step 1)

i've got 2 error messages at the end of flashing process...

- first
    firmware update for touchscreen firmware failure
    (but Touchscreen works well???)

- after step 9 complete, HTC8X boot to boot loader and display the message
    UEFI for Key Provision ONLY

3. now i have rebooted device and everything works fine...

notice with restore:
    if you will be restore your backup-settings, device will be fall in a boot-loop after HTC-Logo, next Display is black and then come the loop...
    only help was a "hard reset"...

thanks for this great tutorial...