Mehsana
I recently flash latest build
Enter in fastboot and type
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash boot boot.img
go to recovery success
flash zip
and reeboot
its reboot displays Legacy Xperia, cyanogenmod and displays 'Android is Upgrading starting apps' few seconds after cyanogenmod logo few seconds again and again reboots .can't start the phone. after it I flash old build 01-05-2015 boot.img and try to restore my old backup but it can restore only system and when restoring data stops restoring with error. and can't install old build 01-05-2015 with same problem reboot again and again can't boot anyway
Help me.
I tried to flash sony origional firmware too but it only restarts again and again .
I have tried to erase system and userdata with fastboot but i see that it encountered bad block in erase data, I can't understand why data partition can't be formated ? text document attached
my phone does not starts please friends help me.

Superrman

Apr 10, 2013
I tried to flash sony origional firmware too but it only restarts again and again .
I have tried to erase system and userdata with fastboot but i see that it encountered bad block in erase data, I can't understand why data partition can't be formated ? text document attached
my phone does not starts please friends help me.

this>
C:\Users\Patel\Desktop\ADB-Fastboot-Tools-master>fastboot erase data
erasing 'data'...
(bootloader) Erase of partition 'data' requested
FAILED (remote: Partition not found, or permission denied)
finished. total time: 0.016s
<unnecessary

im always runover the boot file(img) i NEVER! delete the bootloader (only ROM's if must) you might brick your device ,when the problem its ROM\ROOT its just soft brick, but if the problem with bootloader you might hard brick your phone and impossible to fix...

i guessing device bootloader is open
debugging option on

1. try use flashtool with lastest driver
2. block antivirus, sometimes it block scripts and can make a problem

PsyBit

Oct 19, 2009
I confirm latest build does not boot on hallon at all. I totally cleared all partitions several times without luck. The phone does not even show the cyanogenmod boot logo, when it reboots. A classical bootloop. CWM does not start, too. I see only the logo with black background. Btw. The first boot phase and CWM have become very slow within the last few builts. Just as the CPU is running on 250MHz only. Using the kernel from 2015-05-01 the cyanogenmod is shown for hours without boot loop.

Same here with my mom's iyokan on builds 20150723 and 20150811. CWM hangs ( not showing the menus ) and loop during normal boot up.

Update:
used some older rooted boot image (stock 587 with CWM) which started properly, did a full wipe including /system and flashed ROM and BOOT of build 20150811 successfully. Everything seems fine now.

Last edited:

Superrman

Apr 10, 2013
new version got bugs torch widget dosnt work after 1 click need to restart and link2sd also dosnt since july relese

Dr.SAM88

Sep 23, 2012
Rome
Hi guys, after long time some new builds are coming. Most changes are device-specific since there have been no changes in CM11 code in the past months.
I have included some improvements for LPA, you should be able to use it now to get rid of music stuttering.
You can test it by adding lpa.decode=true in build.prop. It is known that LPA breaks a2dp streaming, we are trying to fix it.
You might also notice that the headset volume is louder than usual and audio effects might distort the sound.

## Nightly build 20150722 - cm-11.0
* Latest cm11.0 changes
* Updated yaffs2 to latest upstream version
* Disabled SPARSEMEM
* Cleaned up unused kernel configs
* Disabled spammy logs of some kernel drivers
* Compressed kernel with gzip instead of lzo (saves about 500KB on boot.img)
* Applied android recommended configs in kernel
* Added USB ethernet support on mogami devices
* Fixed CVE-2015-5366
* Decreased zRAM size to 128MB
* Added support for DM9601 based USB ethernet
* Readded TARGET_ARCH_LOWMEM
* Set FIOPS as default IO scheduler instead of ROW
* Updates & fixes for LPA
* Testing lowmemorykiller changes to improve zRAM OOM issues

Builds will roll for all devices until tomorrow.

Something about this build makes it buggier on ARC S than the 20150510 version...it got slower and sometimes behaves erratically, complete freezes and sometimes the launcher fails to start on wake. i'm often forced to restart the phone or pull out the battery.

Superrman

Apr 10, 2013
Something about this build makes it buggier on ARC S than the 20150510 version...it got slower and sometimes behaves erratically, complete freezes and sometimes the launcher fails to start on wake. i'm often forced to restart the phone or pull out the battery.

Agree same for me, (to last version very buggy)
ext2sd scripts dosnt work, tried 2\3\4ext even f2fs that ruin my sd card... and slower and freeze alot more

Adam Hui

May 30, 2012
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F3

Agree same for me, (to last version very buggy)
ext2sd scripts dosnt work, tried 2\3\4ext even f2fs that ruin my sd card... and slower and freeze alot more

Nothin' buggy here with last build, everything smooth w/ full wipe include /system & 8GB class 10 samsung evo. Pls check your gapps.
Maximize your max cpu clock to 1,4ghz (lt18i default).

*] front LED holographic keyboard >> another dream in android

Last edited:

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
Xperia Ray ST18

If someone has an Xperia Ray ST18 Kindly do this test.

1) Make a phone call, Put it on Speaker, then Take it off Speaker, and put the phone to your ear. Does the screen Turn off using the Proximity Sensor?

2) While on Speaker, Plug in your Headphones, does it switch to Headphones?

3) Not on Speaker, Plug in your Headphones, does it switch to Headphones?

Sometimes a "bug" is not always a bug from the ROM, but rather it could be something wrong with Hardware and I would like to make sure its not a problem in the ROM. In my case, sometimes the Proximity Sensor does not work while in a Call, causing all different apps to open up while the screen is still on.

Thank you.

EDIT: Temporary Fix for Music MP3 Skipping [Not thoroughly tested] --- Using AFWall+ Firewall, Select Core, then Block all ports for Media Server, and Digital Rights Management. Then select System, and block Apollo and Sound Recorder. ---> Played high bit rate MP3. There was very little Stutter but after 1 minute, stutter was Gone. Consecutive tracks Played fine. Apollo at 14MB of RAM Usage. This is not a fix, however it has been working as a Bandaid solution.
Working fine with Xposed VolumeSteps+

Last edited:
Reactions: v.belimov

Superrman

Apr 10, 2013
Nothin' buggy here with last build, everything smooth w/ full wipe include /system & 8GB class 10 samsung evo. Pls check your gapps.
Maximize your max cpu clock to 1,4ghz (lt18i default).

Hmm i have 16GB Class UHS III (90MB\s).hmm, you're using kind of script to extend the internal memory? (because also dosnt work for me last 2 builds)?

BTW benchmark on this rom CM11 its 18MBs (write) and The CM12.1 also from LXP 65MB per sec(using as RAM 3rd partition) CM12.1 you have best script for partition its build-in so.. its like its real Bigger internal memory which is good
but.. i downgrade because still this running apps faster (CM11)
PS: sry if my english is bad

Adam Hui

May 30, 2012
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hmm i have 16GB Class UHS III (90MB\s).hmm, you're using kind of script to extend the internal memory? (because also dosnt work for me last 2 builds)?

BTW benchmark on this rom CM11 its 18MBs (write) and The CM12.1 also from LXP 65MB per sec(using as RAM 3rd partition) CM12.1 you have best script for partition its build-in so.. its like its real Bigger internal memory which is good
but.. i downgrade because still this running apps faster (CM11)
PS: sry if my english is bad
I never use any internal extension script yet, just maybe a leaving from systemformating.zip by Mike's cm12.1 downgraded to cm11 cuz an instability & performance issues.

But yeah, i've extremly slimmed out the rom including delete system apps bloatwares (imo), manually transforming some 'still used unintesive' system apps to a regular ones so can moved out to ext sdcard, moving all user apps to ext sd & linked all user app dalvik & libs to ext sd.

All tools u need to do that were rootexplorer, Ti Bckup, Cleanmaster (clean junks of unistalled,etc) & Link2SD. For battery i'm using kernel adiutor to a -50V cpu global undervolting.

PS : i'm using nova launcher & uninstall trebuchet (slower, buggy & a bigger size for me)

Last edited:

Dr.SAM88

Sep 23, 2012
Rome
like always i did full wipes, start-restart, flash reccomended gapps, then odexed rom with odexer tool, using link2sd with f2fs partition like always, set sd readahead to 2048kb like always with sdbooster....after a few days it started to have hangs and other trouble....previous builds were more stable on the long run. with same tweaks. speaking for ARC S.

i'll try a second fresh install...

Adam Hui

May 30, 2012
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F3
like always i did full wipes, start-restart, flash reccomended gapps, then odexed rom with odexer tool, using link2sd with f2fs partition like always, set sd readahead to 2048kb like always with sdbooster....after a few days it started to have hangs and other trouble....previous builds were more stable on the long run. with same tweaks. speaking for ARC S.

i'll try a second fresh install...
Imo no need to odexed the rom, f2fs has bad reputation on this forum & a 2MB readahead cache was almost biting your ram & cpu resources.

I've set a 256kb internal readcache by kernel adiutor w/ major apps at ext sdcard & linked dalvik & libs.

Latest build is great w/ libstagefright vulnerability free should surf smoothly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Komhir and utfluc

sqpp

Aug 27, 2011
Őrhalom
Hey guys!

I got the CWM freeze issue too on SK17i Mini Pro.
First case:
Just simply upgraded the phone from previous CM11 (~2015.06) to the latest, as usual, withouth a full wipe. Now i get CWM freeze with the new kernel, and a bootloop because of the new kernel vs older rom. So i tryd a clean install in second case.
Second case:
Phone got restored to the factory rom with PC companion. Then got it rooted, finally flashed the new kernel from latest CM11. But it also freezes in CWM welcome screen.
What can i do to get a fresh CM11? The new kernel seems 3MB smaller than previous ones, maybe something is missing for the SK17i?

Hydrony

Apr 20, 2012
I noticed that the freezes depend on the partitions that are on my SD card. I had the same Problem with previous builds. As long as i had ext4 partition, the recovery freezed. So i temporarily deleted it and everything worked fine. Same with swap partition. Dont know if that might be a Problem, if so, the recovery should load without any SD card inserted, maybe you give it a try.

Sent from my LT18i using XDA Free mobile app

BadGround

Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys!

I got the CWM freeze issue too on SK17i Mini Pro.
First case:
Just simply upgraded the phone from previous CM11 (~2015.06) to the latest, as usual, withouth a full wipe. Now i get CWM freeze with the new kernel, and a bootloop because of the new kernel vs older rom. So i tryd a clean install in second case.
Second case:
Phone got restored to the factory rom with PC companion. Then got it rooted, finally flashed the new kernel from latest CM11. But it also freezes in CWM welcome screen.
What can i do to get a fresh CM11? The new kernel seems 3MB smaller than previous ones, maybe something is missing for the SK17i?

In my case on xperia arc s before flashing the new kernel a full wipe with the old kernel helped to get into recovery and install latest CM11.

ocd_amp

May 28, 2014
Another Problem...

Edit 3 : What an Amazing DEV! He just keeps going. New Build is out guys!

https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia

Just a Beautiful ROM perfect for the XRay!

Edit 2 : After being on the phone speaker, taking it off speaker, and putting it to the ear, the Proximity sensor fails to turn screen off. -If someone can check this out with their phone so I know its a hardware issue.

At this point I am stumped and I can live with this issue because this ROM is simply the best ROM out there for the Xperia Ray. ---- If anyone else can reproduce this issue also, please let me know.
-----
In Call Proximity Sensor not working.

If you make a Phone call, Switch to Speaker, then turn Speaker Off and put the Phone to your ear, the Screen does not automatically Turn off. I do not know why its a problem so any one got any good guess as to why its happening?

Xperia Ray ST18
CM11

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eiOWgKr.png

Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

This is an unofficial build of CM11.0.
    This is an attempt to stay close to official cm11.0 and not make crazy hacks to make things working.

This is a pure CM build, only contains official CM features. I will not add any other external feature/app/etc.

For an up-to date working/not working list, bug tracker, useful guides & FAQ, visit our website:
    http://legacyxperia.github.io

Want to contribute? Visit the brand new msm7x30 gerrit:
    http://review.msm7x30.org

WARNING: This ROM uses a modified internal memory layout.
    Our /system partition is originally 400MB but this space is not enough for a fluid kitkat experience and a full installation with proper google apps.
    Our /cache partition is also too small to fit art-cache when we enable the ART runtime. We originally had 100MB /cache but art-cache needs ~150mb of free space.
    I have repartitioned the internal memory layout, giving:
    450mb in /system
    469,5mb in /data
    8mb in /cache

If you want to use this ROM you will always have to use the included kernel or use a kernel that includes the layour changes. Bug reports with non-standard kernels will be ignored.
    You will have to wipe the device and make a clean install.
    You cannot restore nandroid backups from previous android versions or restore nandroid backups from this ROM to other ROMs that don't use the new partition layout since you risk corrupting the data.
    I suggest to use Titanium Backup, Helium or any other similar app to backup your data if you really need to.

Requirements:
    * Have the stock ICS 4.1.B.0.587 full ftf flashed (doesn't matter if you have flashed it in the past or if you flash it before installing cm11.0, it will work both ways)
    * LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf
    * MT15i (Neo) users need to flash MT11i (Neo V) ftf

Steps required for correct installation (order is important):
    1: Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
    2 (optional): If the device is not booting, reboot to bootloader again and run:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    3: Enter recovery, go to mounts and storage
    4: Format /system, then /data and then /cache (Important step!)
    5: Flash update zip
    6: Flash gapps (recommended package is the one provided in the link below)

Steps 2, 3 & 4 are not needed when you install new cm11 nightlies on top of older cm11 builds in the future

If you want to return to a ROM that doesn't use the new partition layout, you need to follow the above steps again (only replace boot.img & update zip with the ones you want to use).

FAQ/Q&A/Discussion thread:
    {All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM11.0] LegacyXperia discussion

How to make your own test builds:
    {All 2011}[GUIDE][DEV] How to build CyanogenMod 11.0

Changelog:
    Release/nightly changes

Working/Non-working list
    CM11.0 with kernel 3.4 status

Downloads:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/LegacyXperia
    PLEASE DON'T MIRROR OUR UPLOADS

Recommended Google Apps:
    Google Apps Minimal Edition

KCzv621.png

NOTE:
    Following xda's rule #12 spirit: If you are developing something that is based on my work, you MUST first seek my permission, you must add my name in the credits and you must add links pointing to my original thread and to my github sources.
    Breaking this rule will lead me to report the thread to the moderators.

BUG Tracker
    If you want to help fixing those bugs, please report the bugs in the bug tracker. Thanks!
    Logs are needed (logcat/dmesg/last_kmsg), not just "got FC" or "+1" useless replies.
    For more detailed instructions check the bug reporting guide in the FAQ.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LegacyXperia, ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Contributors
    mikeioannina, Mardon, Rrreutel, nobodyAtall, pcfighter, Blefish and many others
    Source Code: https://github.com/LegacyXperia

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest version of official ICS firmware: 4.1.B.0.587 or the latest supported baseband: 8x55A-AAABQOAZM-203028G-77
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: nightly 20150309
    Beta Release Date: 2015-03-09

Created 2013-11-27
    Last Updated 2016-11-09
    ## Alpha build 20131127 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Initial KitKat 4.4 build

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow

Please do not spam the thread with "thanks" posts.
    Only use the thread for development discussion, anything else belongs to the Q&A thread.
    Thread closed

Since people don't learn how to read, I can't handle this situation anymore.

I come in the thread and instead of finding something useful, there are only the same posts repeated again and again, ignoring my posts and xda rules.

Thread locked until further notice.
    Christmas present

## Nightly build 20141224 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated bootlogo (removed cyngn logo)
    * All partitions are mounted on fstab (android standard way) instead of init
    * Enabled SD eject option on zeus

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow
    Happy holidays!