[Q] Looking for info on screen problem

Search This thread

paulcc

Aug 9, 2011
Hello, my S4 developed some screen issue. I hope the attached picture shows it. It looks like 2 lines developing at the upper right cornet of the screen.

I noticed this about 4 days ago. At that time, there was just one line ( the one which is now longer ), and it was only 1/2 length. In the 4 days, the length doubled, and the second line appeared.

The lines seem to have a certain thickness that does not change when I do the macro shot under different angles, as I would expect to be the case if it was the top glass cracked - I would expect a glass crack to be thin. And I do not feel anything when touching the glass.

Any idea of what this is, and what to expect from Samsung service ? The phone is under warranty, but service here in Czech Republic is generally horrible, and even foreign companies seem to have matched the local service awfulness....

Thanks for any info, Paul.

Attachments

• S4_screen_problem.jpg
    S4_screen_problem.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,596
Aug 21, 2013
Difficult to say what it is, but it could be the glue between the digitizer and the display showing (I don't even know if that is possible!), or it could be something else entirely. But it doesn't look like a crack. You can give taking it to the service center a try, but don't be too hopeful I guess! :(

bonjurkes

May 29, 2008
well, it's sad to see same story happen on someone else. I have the same issue. The good side is it doesn't really affect the view, bad side is, it will keep moving down to center of screen and move and look like some tree, if you keep it in your pocket.

I have the same issue on same place, I never tried to visit a service because it will take 1 week for them to have a look at them and tell me if it's in warranty or not. Probably it's not.

Other bad news is, you just can't simply change the upper part of screen, need to change whole screen part which costs like 200 dollars. That's why I postponed it, don't want to give that much for a screen.

Here is my story, with bad quality photo : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542955

I would be glad if you can update the thread, if you have a chance to visit service and get info about if it's part of warranty or not, and what is the exact issue.