[VIDEO REVIEW] XTREMEGUARD Spartan Glass for LG G3

Search This thread

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012
It has poor fitting(large gaps on the side). Pretty thick compare to other protectors. Are you sure you got the temper glass protector? I find it hard to believe you got it for $1. I paid $6 and it's a waste.

I paid $16 for a flexible glass protector by iloome. Now that's worth the money. Great fit.

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
I have 0 gaps on mine, I think it's user error. If fits perfectly & I even have a case on mine. I purchased 10 of these for 10 different devices & good investment.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

avid.aria

Aug 24, 2010
NYC
try again, it's working for me :)

I have the spartan glass on the galaxy s5, and by far its the best one I've tried! I was planning to buy the same for the G3 but they are out of stock and then I see the negative reviews!

More to the point, the video actually shows the flaw everyone is talking about: Even though you have pushed the glass further from one side, the other side, still has a small gap! even ignoring that, the fact that you have left space on one side but the other side hasn't gone off the screen means the fit is not perfect. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great value but I can see where the complains are coming from.

Thank man for the video review nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
I have the spartan glass on the galaxy s5, and by far its the best one I've tried! I was planning to buy the same for the G3 but they are out of stock and then I see the negative reviews!

More to the point, the video actually shows the flaw everyone is talking about: Even though you have pushed the glass further from one side, the other side, still has a small gap! even ignoring that, the fact that you have left space on one side but the other side hasn't gone off the screen means the fit is not perfect. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great value but I can see where the complains are coming from.

Thank man for the video review nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw no issues with it & fits fine for me. But if worse comes to worse, I'll just contact them & get it replaced. Their CS is AMAZING!

The edges of the screen protector don't go over because the gap is very minimal when I attached it, if I would have removed it & put it on again I'm sure it would have fit fine.

I'm just glad you don't even notice it with a case on it & it doesn't lift at all.

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't know where all these rave reviews are coming from, maybe I got a bad unit from XtremeGuard. The glass protector is very thick, it feels sticky to the touch, it doesn't line up well and there's no cut out for the camera. If I hadn't ordered it a month ago for 90% off I would have sent it back. Now it will just sit collecting dust.

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
I don't know where all these rave reviews are coming from, maybe I got a bad unit from XtremeGuard. The glass protector is very thick, it feels sticky to the touch, it doesn't line up well and there's no cut out for the camera. If I hadn't ordered it a month ago for 90% off I would have sent it back. Now it will just sit collecting dust.

Contact them, they'll replace it free of charge for you!

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I have 0 gaps on mine, I think it's user error. If fits perfectly & I even have a case on mine. I purchased 10 of these for 10 different devices & good investment.

It can't be user error because if there are gaps its a manufacturing error not a user one. A user can't make the protector smaller.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kthung

Apr 25, 2011
It can't be user error because if there are gaps its a manufacturing error not a user one. A user can't make the protector smaller.

Exactly. If you have room to push the screen protector over and it leaves a gap on one side then it doesn't fit. :eek:

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
All the protectors I've had that have the "gap" makes them case friendly. I prefer that myself, but to each their own I guess.

I have 0 complaints about the screen protectors :)

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
All the protectors I've had that have the "gap" makes them case friendly. I prefer that myself, but to each their own I guess.

I have 0 complaints about the screen protectors :)

I understand your point, my only issue is the size of that gap. On other screen protectors it's almost non-existent, but this one has a big gap in comparison.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wtf type of BS thread is this?

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I bought it. Absolute waste of money imo.

I hot it for less than $1, haven't used it yet. Why do you say it's a waste of money?
    I bought it. Absolute waste of money imo.

I second this, the fit is anything but good. There are rather large gaps around the screen which defeats the purpose of having a screen protector.
    There's a new sale going on :)

Can anyone that has recently purchased the tempered glass tell me if it has a specific cut out for the ear piece or one big cut out, I cannot find one that has the specific cut outs. Thank in advance!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    The latest version of the protector is a cutout that goes from the right side of the earpiece to the left side of the camera and it's open to the top. Hope that makes sense
    Can anyone that has recently purchased the tempered glass tell me if it has a specific cut out for the ear piece or one big cut out, I cannot find one that has the specific cut outs. Thank in advance!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Yea, I posted the image few pages back.
    The latest version of the protector is a cutout that goes from the right side of the earpiece to the left side of the camera and it's open to the top. Hope that makes sense
    The one on the left is the newest version

umuzagy2.jpg

Sent from my VZW G3