[ROM][30th March][4.0.3] AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich - Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rockvoid

Feb 3, 2011
hey guys, m back... :)
was busy the past few days, didnt get time to work on this... :(
also, i had to format my Windows today, my PC seemed to be behaving weirdly... :eek:
the problem is, after formatting and re-installing, the boot-loader entry of Ubuntu dissapeared... PC now directly boots to windows, no OS Choice Menu... :(
i wonder if somebody could help me out here... :)

look here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows

Reactions: RockR172

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
also, i had to format my Windows today, my PC seemed to be behaving weirdly... :eek:
the problem is, after formatting and re-installing, the boot-loader entry of Ubuntu dissapeared... PC now directly boots to windows, no OS Choice Menu... :(
Look up EASYBCD, Its the best application if you have more than one operating system.

http://neosmart.net/download.php?id=1

As Grub would still be there on the Ubuntu side of things, with easybcd you can just add Ubuntu to your default Windows Bootloader, and you will get the option to Boot into either Windows Or Ubuntu.

I got 2 pcs with multiple systems and it works for all.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

And all boot repair does, is over writes the Windows 7 Bootloader with the Grub one, But with easy bcd you can use the Windows 7 Bootloader to show you the option to the boot into Grub/Ubuntu as well as how many seconds you see the bootloader, what the entries day etc.

Last edited:

GonDr

Mar 21, 2011
Egypt, Alexandria
rasoulallah.net

You can use "EasyBCD 2.1.2" For windows to repair and restore boot for any Operating System

diazneoones

Jan 4, 2011
You can use "EasyBCD 2.1.2" For windows to repair and restore boot for any Operating System

Looks like you have re installed Windows partition later as ubuntu was already there...So the Windows loader has been installed by default making GRUB loader a no choice...EASY BCD can fix OS partitions...else you can try MSCONFIG seeting on windows and add a boot partition manually....

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Sadly, i have Windows XP... :D
Its a common PC that i develop on... ;)
EasyBCD doesnt seem to work on XP, looks like i will reinstall ubuntu as researching about adding boot-entry seems to take more time... ;)
One last try today before i re-install ubuntu... ;)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Sadly, i have Windows XP... :D
Its a common PC that i develop on... ;)
EasyBCD doesnt seem to work on XP, looks like i will reinstall ubuntu as researching about adding boot-entry seems to take more time... ;)
One last try today before i re-install ubuntu... ;)

NOO easy bcd works on Windows Xp, you can reinstall windows Xp bootloader with EASYBCD, it has that option as well.

aayushARM

Apr 24, 2011
Ahmedabad
Hey RockR!! I just got mine working right now!!:) Try to re-install/repair Grub using Boot-Repair app after booting from Ubuntu Live CD. More info here--https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
In my case, it was opposite, I was unable to get the OS choice menu, after installing Ubuntu on different partition along with W7. I just booted from LiveCD and installed the app, then selected the recommended repair option and it repaired Grub without problems. Everything was fine then!!:)
coincidently, I got the solution on the very next day!! Thanks for asking about it here!!:D:D Lol!!:D;)

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
Hey RockR!! I just got mine working right now!!:) Try to re-install/repair Grub using Boot-Repair app after booting from Ubuntu Live CD. More info here--https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
In my case, it was opposite, I was unable to get the OS choice menu, after installing Ubuntu on different partition along with W7. I just booted from LiveCD and installed the app, then selected the recommended repair option and it repaired Grub without problems. Everything was fine then!!:)
coincidently, I got the solution on the very next day!! Thanks for asking about it here!!:D:D Lol!!:D;)

:D
I already re-installed ubuntu and restored my sources fromy external hdd...

I did as told there but it just gave me 1 option of Windows... finally reinstalled and restored my sources... now setting up build environment... :) ;)

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
AOSP Booted with Full H/W Acceleration and Uber Smooth UI, but the Colors are totally Inverted, I broke the Camera too! The UI is rendered in ugly colors... :eek:
Some problem with my Gralloc, I'll resolve it soon... :)

aayushARM

Apr 24, 2011
Ahmedabad
:D
I already re-installed ubuntu and restored my sources fromy external hdd...

I did as told there but it just gave me 1 option of Windows... finally reinstalled and restored my sources... now setting up build environment... :) ;)

Oops! That's weird!! Your Ubuntu installation must have got disturbed then.........
However, congrats for getting to work again!!:D:D

Sent from heaven, wandering with Steve Jobs ;)

rockvoid

Feb 3, 2011
and what is the difference between AOSP and CM9? :confused:

- Google publishes the Android Software in AOSP (= the place where you can find the information and source code you need to build an Android Version for your device)

- CM is based on AOSP but hast more features (like more menu-options, overclocking, customization-options, root, ...)

for more information ask in general section - not in development thread...

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel_Alonso
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, Hello Guys!

This is plain AOSP Version of Ice Cream Sandwich for the LG Optimus One, with no visual changes. This is exactly as you would find ICS on the Galaxy Nexus.

Lets get to the Point, no Wasting Time. :cool:

WORKING:

1. Boots Up
    2. Stereo Audio (Please test it)
    3. GSM
    4. Data (2G/3G)
    5. Touchscreen
    6. Hardware Keys and Lights
    7. WiFi
    8. SD Card
    9. Sensors
    10. Hardware Acceleration (Still using Old Adreno Drivers with Hacks.)
    11. Bluetooth
    12. GPS
    13. Headphones
    14. 3D
    15. Browser
    16. Mic
    17. Surface Dithering (No More Ugly Color Banding)
    18. Many More Things

PARTIALLY WORKING:

1. Youtube (Videos Lag)
    2. Camera (No Previews)
    3. Gallery (Force Closes. Doesn't load sometimes, use QuickPic)
    4. Few more things that I don't remember.

BUGS:

1. USB Mass Storage doesn't seem to work (Try using This, report if it works)
    2. Hardware Video Decoding
    3. You Say..

CREDITS:

• lupohirp for his Great Work of bringing Stable ICS to P500.
    • _Arjen_ for helping me out ALOT.
    • mDroidd for his cool Android Central script and for cool Linux tricks.
    • fundoozzz for a tip-off on fixing Data.
    • CyanogenMod for their patches.
    • Team ics4blade for their patches.
    • Team M.A.C for their support.
    • Previous Developers for their hardwork that we reap Benefits from Today.
    • You for testing.

INSTALLATION NOTES:

1. Copy Downloaded ZIP to SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik (Clean Install Recommended)
    4. Select Install ZIP from SD Card and Choose the ROM
    5. Flash It!
    6. Reboot Recovery and Flash Gapps similarly.

Download Link, Changelog and Misc info in Second Post.
    ;)
    Download Links and Changelogs.

Changelog And Download:

30th March 2012: Changelog - Beta 1
    • Initial Release
    • Fixed WiFi
    • Fixed Camera
    • Fixed Color Banding
    • Stereo Audio
    • Many other fixes
    Download Link: MediaFire

My Sources:
    Github
    UPDATES TO KEEP YOU GUYS GOING:
    Working on 4.0.4 now, using the new Adreno Drivers released by Qualcomm.

CURRENT STATUS
    Errors Fixed, ROM Booted.
    Launcher Force Closes due to bad H/W Acceleration, looks like it needs some work. :)
    AOSP Booted with Full H/W Acceleration and Uber Smooth UI, but the Colors are totally Inverted, I broke the Camera too! The UI is rendered in ugly colors... :eek:
    Some problem with my Gralloc, I'll resolve it soon... :)

He is working hard to solve some problems that appeared in 4.0.4-build :D
    So have patience ;)