[Q] Clearing data on HTC Clock...

Search This thread

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Well, this isn't a big deal; but I'd like to know if this is possible...

Originally, when I opened the Clock app it would show 2 tabs: My current location, and my time zone (Est. time)

I messed around by pressing Menu - Home settings - and I added my home town.

Now, all I have is my home town that I chose manually - but I would like to revert to having "My current location" and the time zone. Clearing data for the Clock app & Clock widget did nothing. Where is the data being stored then? I'm regaw-rooted if it helps! Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me figure this out! - zmag

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Welp, I don't think anyone saw my question; so along with a bump - I'll tell ya what I'm doing for now...

BeWeather Pro with Beautiful Widgets skin - looks pretty close to my HTC Clock widget, but when I enter the actual Clock app, I still see the city I picked.

Can anyone help me get back Est. time GMT -5 & My current location...? I'd very much like to do a "clear data" of sorts, but I've since given up. (If I knew it was gonna be this big of a pain, I would've never touched it.) :( - zmag

willy900wonka

Dec 14, 2009
Penguinville
Welp, I don't think anyone saw my question; so along with a bump - I'll tell ya what I'm doing for now...

BeWeather Pro with Beautiful Widgets skin - looks pretty close to my HTC Clock widget, but when I enter the actual Clock app, I still see the city I picked.

Can anyone help me get back Est. time GMT -5 & My current location...? I'd very much like to do a "clear data" of sorts, but I've since given up. (If I knew it was gonna be this big of a pain, I would've never touched it.) :( - zmag

Can't say for sure, but if it were me I'd remove the widget from the screen; then in settings>apps>weatherwidget? clear data/force stop; resync every and anything; reinstall the widget then in the weather widget settings check mark update my current location.

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Just tried it - no luck though.

If anyone has experienced this and can comment, go for it. For now, not a big deal - I've switched Sense for Holo Launcher anyways, :p - zmag