Sony Xperia Z2 unlocked, rooted but blank screen

Search This thread

Willem69

Jun 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

I unlocked the bootloader and flashed the 'DooMLoRD' kernel. So far so good, but after rebooting the screen stays blank (black). It boots normally though. The phone is on, but no screen. Kind of inconvenient when operating a touchscreen :)

It looks a lot like the issue previous Xperia versions seemed to have. But the obvious fix of a hard restart doesn't work for me.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you!

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Did you make sure you downloaded the correct kernel for the firmware version you have? ie there is a different kernel for .55 .69 & .402 firmwares.

Willem69

Jun 12, 2014
Did you make sure you downloaded the correct kernel for the firmware version you have? ie there is a different kernel for .55 .69 & .402 firmwares.

Yes, I did. I have the .402 firmware. Unfortunately some of the screens seem to have the same issue as the Z1 issue in 2013...so I was told at the shop. I was not the only one coming in with a blank screen. Solution: I get a new phone. :eek:

Thanks for your suggestion. :good:

Willem69

Jun 12, 2014
Solved: screen backlight died

Okay, that had nothing to do with rooting or re-flashing. Apparently the backlight from the screen died on this brandnew phone.

Went back to the store and I get a replacement... :good: