Official Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Case Question

Search This thread

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
To those that own the case.

Does your case's small flap stay "stuck" (via the magnet) to the back when using the tablet? For some reason mine keeps flapping around and its quite annoying. I can get it to stick if I leave some weight on it when the tablet is open for some time. But then, once closed and opened again, it's back to flapping around. It seems like that magnet is not strong enough to keep it stuck.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated as I need to decide if this is an issue with mine and I need to get it exchanged. Thanks!

Berner

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
To those that own the case.

Does your case's small flap stay "stuck" (via the magnet) to the back when using the tablet? For some reason mine keeps flapping around and its quite annoying. I can get it to stick if I leave some weight on it when the tablet is open for some time. But then, once closed and opened again, it's back to flapping around. It seems like that magnet is not strong enough to keep it stuck.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated as I need to decide if this is an issue with mine and I need to get it exchanged. Thanks!

Your post is confusing. Does your flap not stick when the case is open or when its closed? If it doesn't stick when its closed, then you may have a faulty case. It doesn't stick to anything when its open.

Jnn1

Nov 10, 2010
But when it's open, there is no need for it to stick. not sure how you use your GT, but when i use the case as a stand, I've found you get much better stability by tucking the flap inwards btw the two covers (but not clipping it into the slit cause then the angle is too steep). The extra friction from the small flap tucked inwards makes it possible to tilt the bookcase cover into any angle you want for your viewing. Works on all surfaces, glass, wood and plastic, that I've tried so far. Surprisingly flexible and very convenient!

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
It would have been great if they had a magnet on the part of the case that opens.
By doing so they would have to make it thicker to accommodate the magnet.
Therefore the case would be thicker. Taking away from its thin design.
So it may be best they left it the way it is.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

radiohead14

Sep 9, 2010
NYC
Official Samsung Case vs Belkin Verve Folio

The extra friction from the small flap tucked inwards makes it possible to tilt the bookcase cover into any angle you want for your viewing. Works on all surfaces, glass, wood and plastic, that I've tried so far. Surprisingly flexible and ..very convenient!

I think I'm gonna return this case and keep the Belkin. It's hard to keep it on your lap as that flap isn't stable. I have to keep adjusting just to have multiple angles, and the damn thing slips off all the time. There is barely any friction on your clothing. The Belkin uses the back cover as a base, so it feels more like a laptop.

Mr3G

Sep 19, 2009
Los Angeles
I just received mines today and well... Not sure if I will keep it, I bought an Akron tablet stand which is great in class. The build on this is on the upper end, but the magnet seems to be the issue? Seems best to used at the 20-30 degree angle compared to the upright media view?