Replacment Digitizer Quality

Search This thread

Hamer time

Jan 19, 2012
I got my screen replaced at youbreak Ifix. The screen is identical, just be careful that it gets seated well or you will get a lot of dust under the screen..drives me crazy!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Izy

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
If you haven't already bought one take a look at this at ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Motorol...052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc340bee4 .

It is the digitizer and frame assembly. I just bought one of these for mine and I gotta say that I could not be any happier. For one it is OEM. Another I didn't have to seperate the frame from the glass or mess with glue tape. It is a b!tch connecting the ribbon cable back to the mainboard. But other than that it is an easy repair.

Oh, it looks absolutely brand spankin' new.

Reactions: quinto0827

ears1991

Apr 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i replaced my digitizer with a part i got from amazon, big mistake, it was so much worse, looked identical but was just aweful, luckily moto replaced it for free as now i didnt have a broken screen it was still under warranty! good as new now.

edit: also looking at that post above, if you are going to do it yourself having it come with the frame would be great as mine didnt, so i had to use a hairdrier to heat up the glue holding the digitizer to the frame, real PITA

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
Yeah you're right ears1991, it was nice and easy not having to worry with separating the glass from the frame and then reattaching the new one. My phone looks better than ever. On the very first day that I ever owned it I handed it to my 24 year old son and he immediately dropped it. It put a nice gouge it the glass so until now I have never really had an Atrix that looked new.

quinto0827

Jan 25, 2011

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Motorol...052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc340bee4 .

It is the digitizer and frame assembly. I just bought one of these for mine and I gotta say that I could not be any happier. For one it is OEM. Another I didn't have to seperate the frame from the glass or mess with glue tape. It is a b!tch connecting the ribbon cable back to the mainboard. But other than that it is an easy repair.

do you have instructions on how you fixed it or a youtube video, and also what tools did you need to fix it? my digitizer has been acting crazy and I need to replace it.

ltdanno360

Jun 27, 2011
usa
www.paypal.com
yea youtube video called
replacing atrix digitizer
from Repair universe
problem is thwy only show how to *completly disasemble it
they dont show how to put it back together

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
yea youtube video called
replacing atrix digitizer
from Repair universe
problem is thwy only show how to *completly disasemble it
they dont show how to put it back together

DONT USE REPAIR UNIVERSE! Horrible customer service, no phone support, slow ass shipping even tho I paid extra for next day (got it in same time as regular shipping) and gave me the run around when they sent me a defective digitizer first time. Took me nearly a month from order to get what i paid for and only after I threatened to notify BBB of their horrible service.

ltdanno360

Jun 27, 2011
usa
www.paypal.com
DONT USE REPAIR UNIVERSE! Horrible customer service, no phone support, slow ass shipping even tho I paid extra for next day (got it in same time as regular shipping) and gave me the run around when they sent me a defective digitizer first time. Took me nearly a month from order to get what i paid for and only after I threatened to notify BBB of their horrible service.

The queen has spoken yea they suck!:D

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
do you have instructions on how you fixed it or a youtube video, and also what tools did you need to fix it? my digitizer has been acting crazy and I need to replace it.

I watched this video and only needed a small phillips screwdriver and a prytool. I haven't found a video where they show it going back together... Just reverse the steps and you'll be ok. The only hard part was getting one of the ribbon cables back in place. And I gotta say that cable was a b!tch. But I have large fingers and I still got it. So if you have some degree of patience and aren't afraid of messing with tiny stuff go for it.

quinto0827

Jan 25, 2011
thanks a lot. i just ordered from the person you suggested from eBay. ill give an update when it comes on Thursday and I replace it.

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
Cool, I just took my daughters apart, it is dead. I thought that maybe if I disconnected and reconnected the mainboard that maybe it would help. No dice. But I did find that using a pair of locking forceps helped a lot with the cables. Actually it was really, really easy. So if you have a pair, or know someone who works at a hospital that can get a pair, it is worth the trouble. Good Luck.

quinto0827

Jan 25, 2011
i just fixed, worked like a charm. and you were right, those damn ribbon cables were a pain. i can finally type regular letters again. lol.

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
That's great. Was yours pretty much new looking? Mine looks great, there are two tiny dimples on the upper bezel but they aren't easy to see. It's still a 9/10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my screen replaced at youbreak Ifix. The screen is identical, just be careful that it gets seated well or you will get a lot of dust under the screen..drives me crazy!