[ROM][RESTORE][5-12-13]Back to UNROOTED Stock with Auto Flash Count Reset

Search This thread

miha2

Feb 23, 2013
Hey ppl, that's me again. Missed me I hope? Just kidding...

So, as I got a new phone, I wanted to apply the Cyanogenmod onto my old Note II. I tried, and so rooted, and after the restart, it showed the firmware to be official, not custom, as the root should mean.

I'm still new to it all, and so... I tried to flash it with the older firmware, in hope there won't be Knox, but it didn't want to flash. So I disconnected the cable, and now the phone says

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again."

So I'm stuck with no OS, pretty much.

Everything would've been OK, I reviewed this thread, particularly on how to flash the OS, and tried that - several times. All useless - whichever firmware I flash, Odin always stops on sboot.bin and so fails. Is it possible to get the phone back to life? Preferably with Cyanogenmod. I don't care if I have to install it or you provide me with a link with CM preapplied. I just want to try that.

P.S. I forgot that the Knox blocks all this root stuff, and so that's where it all started. Kind of sorry.

Tinker7

Sep 3, 2016
I installed billards restore to 4.1.2 but when I try to change fonts manually through root explorer and rename them it changes languages or something! When I read the manifest it's all semi-words with symbols and says protected. Any ideas or tips would be helpful, thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2016
I used that first download and flashed. At the end, it asked for if u want to install super su then swipe. As per the tutorial he clicked on do not install. But I swiped. Suddenly a white screen occurred mentioning forward something something and asking for a password.
What should I do now. I flashed this in Samsung galaxy note 2 gt-n7100

Please help me this.........

cidxtc

I used that first download and flashed. At the end, it asked for if u want to install super su then swipe. As per the tutorial he clicked on do not install. But I swiped. Suddenly a white screen occurred mentioning forward something something and asking for a password.
What should I do now. I flashed this in Samsung galaxy note 2 gt-n7100

Please help me this.........

Do you not realize this is for the sprint note 2 l900 not the n7100? There are major differences between the two and you might have just bricked your device.

Reactions: Patch7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did this for the Galaxy SIII and figured I would do the same for the Note II as well.
    This will take your phone back to UNROOTED stock as well as restore the STOCK RECOVERY, STOCK KERNEL, MC2 RADIO and FIRMWARE. It Will also RESET THE FLASH COUNT to no (0) and restore the official binary and system status as well. If you have updated to MK4 officially and have the MK4 KNOX bootloader with the "knox warranty void" status in download mode, this will REMOVE but NOT RESET it. So this is still perfect for a trip to the sprint store. Does exactly what an odin flash would without needing a PC. And unlike odin this gives you the ability to downgrade flawlessly from ANY firmware version. This is the ONLY way to come back from the dreaded knox upgrade.

NOW FOR THE INSTALL:

NOTE THAT FOR THIS TO BE POSSIBLE THIS MUST RUN COMMANDS THAT MOST ROM FLASHES DO NOT USE.
    DUE TO THIS, USING GOO MANAGER AND ROM MANAGER TO INITIATE THE FLASH CAN CAUSE ISSUES. PLEASE MANUALLY BOOT TO RECOVERY AND START THE FLASH THERE.

As with most roms wipe data/factory reset prior to flashing!
    I have always been a fan of clockworkmod recovery myself, but if using this I must recommend TWRP. On rare occurances, clockworkmod recovery has corrupted the cache partition when flashing this, causing issues with the second part of this restore. So use cwm at your own risk.
    When finished you hit reboot as you would at the end of any rom flash but before the phone boots into the system it will automatically boot into my "special" version of TWRP and finish the process.(Which takes about 10 seconds).
    When this is done you will be completely unrooted and back to square one with the exception of the internal sd card. (It will NOT be touched) So if you want to remain rooted then flash THIS (or click the little su guy below) after the restore zip before you reboot.

As far as I know there is only a 16gb version of the Note II for Sprint. If I'm wrong on that please correct me and note that this is ONLY TO BE USED ON A 16GB SPH-L900. This will most likely brick any other phone. And as always, FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. As I am not responsible if this makes your phone melt. This flashes important partitions so verifying the md5 is recommended. Think that about covers it.

INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS ON ANOTHER CARRIER/DEVICE? CLICK HERE! AND LET ME KNOW.

NEW MC2 DOWNLOAD
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    MD5- 88d8dd0628261e7ef797d87c81240988

EMERGENCY DROPBOX MIRROR

Please Do Not Abuse This Mirror.
    The image above is supposed to be a dropbox logo. If it is a broken picture it means the account (and that link) is suspended.

FLASH TO KEEP ROOT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Older MA7 Downloads
    Download Here
    MD5- fea1274b3c8286df654c218b0c13cea8

MIRROR

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OLD LJC DOWNLOADS
    Download Here
    LJC MD5- df6fa647492b7de427fc89d9d4e2bb81

MIRROR

MIRROR 2

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IF I FORGOT ANYTHING OR YOU NEED MORE INFO YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND IT HERE

NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS?
    CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW IT'S DONE

Thanks @wwjoshdew for the vid!

Attached below is a flashable version of garwynn and EViL-KoNCEPTz chameleon fc/carrier fix and my special version of TWRP 2.4.2.0 with a /carrier wipe option for those who may need it. They are NOT required if using this restore.
    Thanks for making this convenient return-to-stock zip and counter reset.

Just to verify, does your zip correct the problem with the carrier partition when reverting back to LJC after updating to LK8?
    I was able to activate and update prl n profile but was still getting the chameleon force close if /carrier wasn't wiped before the flash. Seeing as how twrp doesn't have that option and most people prefer it over cwm, I am currently uploading a new version which will wipe the carrier partition too. With carrier wiped, coming back from lk8 was flawless
    Mc2 is posted!!
    Same here

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

So I'm on MC2 stock unrooted, used Billards fix. Should I take the OTA to 4.3 then root and wait for rooted 4.4.2? I feel unnerved by taking 4.4.2 OTA and not be able to obtain root. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Charles

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

http://download.chainfire.eu/446/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r3.zip

Just take the Ota to 4.4. Then use Odin to flash your recovery of choice. In the recovery flash chainfires super su installer zip from the link above. Then flash the de-knox zip for 4.3. It's attached below if you don't have it. These are the steps I took and they worked great for me