Ubuntu?

Search This thread

vertsub

Jan 11, 2012
The developer preview for the mako is up. Does anyone know if Ubuntu will work on our devices?

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

N

nygfan760

No its only for nexus devices maybe it you do the n4 conversion. Please move to q/a this is wrong section

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

This is the canadian section. They can boot mako kernels like multiple people have told you. I don't think anyone can give a definite answer, but the N4 conversion doesn't even apply to them.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
I have tested ubuntu on my gnex and it's not something you want yet. It's really incomplete ( I.e. no network beside wifi, no way to enter contact, search is not working). They could have done a video and I'd have been less deceived. I wish this will still evolve but right now it's not something to you want. Btw, it even use cyanogenmod files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

N

nygfan760

I have tested ubuntu on my gnex and it's not something you want yet. It's really incomplete ( I.e. no network beside wifi, no way to enter contact, search is not working). They could have done a video and I'd have been less deceived. I wish this will still evolve but right now it's not something to you want. Btw, it even use cyanogenmod files.

Yeah, put it on my N7. It was cool, but not really even a preview.

Dsmforlife92

Feb 4, 2011
Carson City
This is the canadian section. They can boot mako kernels like multiple people have told you. I don't think anyone can give a definite answer, but the N4 conversion doesn't even apply to them.

Sorry thought I was in att forum I know they can boot mako kernels like so many people have to me who cares it a mistake

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

DaMeatMan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If your interested in Ubuntu Touch as an alternative OS for your phone.. then we might need to wait a while for that. However if your interested in running Ubuntu Desktop OS on your phone alongside Android at the same time and use it as a "carry me everywhere" PC, well that you can do right now! Download "Complete Linux Installer" from the market, it will take you through the process. I've installed it yesterday to see what it's all about, and despite the fact that i have to connect to my phone via a VNC session, performance is not that bad for everyday productivity tasks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.