FiiO E6 cheap/portable amplifier. HUGE improvement for the Ultra sound output/quality

Search This thread

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
So I have not been too happy with the output of the Xperia as the lack of power makes it feel lacking on dynamics and bass even though the actual sound quality does not seem bad at all.
Well, I got this tiny AMP and WOW. It sounds fantastic and don't even need to push it all the way.
Plus it is insanely small so that is just super! I will be getting the E11 next Monday..much bigger though and some claim a LOT better but seeing how small the E6 is and that the SQ is already making me smile big time, I may just not keep the E11 but we shall see.
So anyone feeling the same as I was , you may want to give this amp a try! :good:

Attachments

• fiio.jpg
    fiio.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 870
  • fiio3.jpg
    fiio3.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 755

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Sorry the pic is just to show the size comparison. This is an amp only not a DAC so you just plug it in to the headphone jack on the Ultra then plug the headphone to the FiiO output and you are set.

Sent from the Mighty Xperia Z Ultra!

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Yeah its just an amp unlike th E7 and the e17 I think is also a DAC. I did not really want anything connecting to my usb port :)

bryanky5

Mar 31, 2013
I'm thinking of getting the Andes for my phone. Going to be awesome!

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: shaolin95

justsomebody

Oct 19, 2012
I have an E17 at home, but it can not operate via usb OTG, what a big pity for that, I can only use the 3.5mm cable

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
Since "alpha" released on himalaya, could you just give more effort on tracking the ram and relocate it, and getting back the whole lost memory such the Extended_Rom?

You are the last hope for such beautiful device to fix the rom and let it work properly..Coz this is the last rom ever we would be seeing :cry:

I wish you can do something here in this issue!!

Ordered the E6 because I think the sound is already pretty good (especially if used together with a good pair of headphones), but you're the one to blame because I bought yet another accessory for this phone.
I think i could have bought another phone with the amount of money I spent on accessories. :D

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Ordered the E6 because I think the sound is already pretty good (especially if used together with a good pair of headphones), but you're the one to blame because I bought yet another accessory for this phone.
I think i could have bought another phone with the amount of money I spent on accessories. :D

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

hahahah seriously! Is becoming a chain of purchases that dont seem to stop! :D

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
I have an E17 at home, but it can not operate via usb OTG, what a big pity for that, I can only use the 3.5mm cable

Works very well with E17, I just verifyed that. Maybe you have a problem with the cable. I bought some short mini usb to micro usb from dx.com and works well with Xperia and Samsung devices. Be shure the cable to be otg cable not just chargind cable. I payed under 2 usd with free shiping

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

You could verify that with fiio directly. I have a doubt that's the case. It's a standard feature from andoid 4.0 and depends only if has a hardware implementation from manufacturers of the phone. (only the best phones has usb audio out, my s4 mini doesn't)

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
From what I saw on the Xperia Blog the Kitkat they actually mention DAC over USB as a highlight so no worries there now.
I read some comments from a Xperia Z Ultra tablet and the E18 stating that while there is some improvement, it is very small for the Xperia with the external dac. I was about to get it but now I am rethinking this.

corrado85

Feb 2, 2008
what kind of headphones are ya'll using? I am looking to purchase a good set of ear buds ..

I got the E6 in mail this week .. just now need to select headphones
thanks in advance!

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
Sennheiser momentum over ear. Sounds perfect with fiio e17. Very clear and powerfull sound.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
what kind of headphones are ya'll using? I am looking to purchase a good set of ear buds ..

I got the E6 in mail this week .. just now need to select headphones
thanks in advance!

After getting my Sony MDR-X10 I cant enhoy anything of my other ones lol
But I have also Sens HD212 Pro, TDK IE800 and JVC RX700.

Vanquiz

Nov 13, 2010
1510735_10151905115601365_421335466_n.jpg

I confirmed that the E18 works over USB with my phone--tested this at CES. It works with all types of audio I could throw at it (streaming, local, Youtube, etc).

So, DAC over USB is working, right. I'm thinking about getting JDS C5/C5D, but on the other hand, like Shaolin, I'm also bit hesitate, not so sure that I want to plug it over the ZU's usb port.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have not been too happy with the output of the Xperia as the lack of power makes it feel lacking on dynamics and bass even though the actual sound quality does not seem bad at all.
    Well, I got this tiny AMP and WOW. It sounds fantastic and don't even need to push it all the way.
    Plus it is insanely small so that is just super! I will be getting the E11 next Monday..much bigger though and some claim a LOT better but seeing how small the E6 is and that the SQ is already making me smile big time, I may just not keep the E11 but we shall see.
    So anyone feeling the same as I was , you may want to give this amp a try! :good:

1510735_10151905115601365_421335466_n.jpg

I confirmed that the E18 works over USB with my phone--tested this at CES. It works with all types of audio I could throw at it (streaming, local, Youtube, etc).
    I'm thinking of getting the Andes for my phone. Going to be awesome!

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I just got the E11 and is VERY nice...it is bigger but I think I will just sell or return the E6 now. ":D