[ROM][4.4.4][AOSP][Unofficial] SlimKat

Search This thread

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Reactions: zero66 and Eiht

uconnpat

May 15, 2008
could someone please try the toggling wifi thing so I know if it is my device or it is a rom problem?

KC69

Jul 25, 2011
Mine works. I did flash the cm WiFi fix just because I m a belt and suspenders kind of guy.

KC69

Jul 25, 2011
So far the only issues I've found is the GPS won't lock, even with GPS status app. And as the op mentioned reboot into recovery is not working, kicks you into stock recovery instead of SS.

Eiht

Feb 19, 2013
So far the only issues I've found is the GPS won't lock, even with GPS status app. And as the op mentioned reboot into recovery is not working, kicks you into stock recovery instead of SS.

Yeah I had the reboot thing with RC2 as well. As for gps, make sure it still locks in Stock because mine stopped locking in a slot then stock wouldn't lock and I had to FXZ. That was a couple months back but it's been behaving since.

Sent from my Bionic

btstarcher

Sep 20, 2007
Sheridan, AR
When I was researching my WiFi tether connectivity issue I saw a post that claimed that if you flashed the patch with the ROM that had tether working that it would cause intermittent WiFi connectivity. I don't know if the same holds true universally but it's worth looking into.

Reactions: B.E.McAllister

Eiht

Feb 19, 2013
Trying cyanfox and see there's a new slimkat. I better try it today.

Sent from my Bionic

Love this rom. Excellent work.

Last edited:

lioncat55

Dec 21, 2009
Stuck with it saying "turning wifi on". Tried toggling airplane mode a few times, no luck. Any suggestions??

lioncat55

Dec 21, 2009
Try this:
In a terminal
su
wifical.sh

Then reboot

Should see a message about writing Mac address

Code:
Starting Wi-Fi calibration

cp: /system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-nvs.bin: No space left on device
Error opening file for reading: no such file or directory

Finished Wi-Fi calibration

Any ideas on this error?

Nevermind, found a solution. It was a basic filesystem out of space type thing. I was able to remove an APK I didn't care about from /system/app and then run it just fine.

After rebooting this fixed it. Thanks!

Last edited:

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Paranoid Android is now available for the Bionic. Please consider this first build as a test build.

ROM: http://goo.im/devs/alteredlikeness/targa/pa

PA Gapps: http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze/?fld_id=32320#files
(I prefer the micro gapps)

I will make a new thread once I get some time, and after I know it's booting/running okay for you guys.. In the meantime, checkout the RAZR or Atrix 2 thread for PA links/info.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: lancelinksp

btstarcher

Sep 20, 2007
Sheridan, AR
Probably a silly question, but does anyone else enable "the real dark slim?" And if so, when you do, do you end up with all of the color missing from the theme?

btstarcher

Sep 20, 2007
Sheridan, AR
Obviously, but that doesn't really answer my question. Is it a grayscale theme? Everything went from blue/cyan to white, and last I checked, white is a bit lighter, not darker.

It's not even a big deal. I just want to make sure everything was supposed to turn white from cyan. Obviously the background is black like it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts