Moto G calling issue.

Search This thread

utsavkoju

Nov 4, 2010
St. John's
I have been facing a weird issue while answering or making a call. Most often when i answer a call there is the dead silence. Neither other side hear me nor i hear any thing from them. This occur when i make call as well. But when i switch off my mobile and turned it on after 30-40 sec then if i make the call or answer the call then we can talk to each other. And after few hours the above problem shows up again.
Does any one face this issue?
Do you have any solution for this problem?
Please help. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: b1082

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
Wow! I thought I'm the only one! And I was blaming my network! :p
Really irritating issue, this :(

-sent from my little moto beast

b1082

Nov 22, 2011
Saarbrücken
No you are not chases alone with this error.
This error has also been addressed already more often in this forum.
But no developer or better trained Android user takes this really seriously.
Why ??? No Idea !!
Maybee only 200 or 300 Moto G user Worldwide with this Failure is no biggi.
User Flash Failure or something ;)
This is Development ;)

Sorry Xda for my Google Translated Englisch but it sucks , that every Thread , over this failure got not answered or something.

Someone here must still have an idea to fix this error, or not ???

You need logctas or something to investigate this failure ??

Say what you need , and i will send it to you.

Greetz

utsavkoju

Nov 4, 2010
St. John's
I am going to factory restore my system and see if that work. If not i would switch the os to cm or update my rom to 4.4.3 and even if that won't help then i would be waving bye to my moto g :(. Its really annoying and it made the phone unusable :(.

b1082

Nov 22, 2011
Saarbrücken
Factory Rom flash over Fastboot , would not fix this f...... failure for me.
Im on single sim (Amazon purchased German Xt 1032 )

Gesendet von meinem Moto G mit Tapatalk

dixan43

Oct 19, 2013
Anand
factory reset doesn't solve the issue.. it happens often and im tired of reseting and i posted a thread too.. no solution

b1082

Nov 22, 2011
Saarbrücken
Yeap same failure on latest CM 11 Nightly , failure still exists (clean flash)
My microphone still dubbed on calls.No one can here me clearly

Maybee e driver failure???
Possible on Android ???

Last edited:

utsavkoju

Nov 4, 2010
St. John's
Possible Solution

@b1082

I read somewhere its due to phone freezing on mute state so its dead silence on the either end. Would you please perform following two possible solution if they really work for us or not?

1. While calling if there is dead silence please consider clicking volume up and down button. It might trigger our device from mute state.

2. Consider keeping the volume one click below the max as number of people has mentioned that had help them to avoid the issue.

Please let me know if these solution does help you.

P.S: I would have done it by myself but i don't have moto g at the moment.

Best of luck. :good:

dixan43

Oct 19, 2013
Anand
@b1082

I read somewhere its due to phone freezing on mute state so its dead silence on the either end. Would you please perform following two possible solution if they really work for us or not?

1. While calling if there is dead silence please consider clicking volume up and down button. It might trigger our device from mute state.

2. Consider keeping the volume one click below the max as number of people has mentioned that had help them to avoid the issue.

bad luck, dead silence during calls happened to me twice today, pressing volume up and down didnt help... keeping it one point less was not helpful too.. am gettin mad due to this.. :banghead::(

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

utsavkoju

Nov 4, 2010
St. John's
bad luck, dead silence during calls happened to me twice today, pressing volume up and down didnt help... keeping it one point less was not helpful too.. am gettin mad due to this.. :banghead::(

I think we are left with faulty products by Motorola. I would go for nexus now. Damn I did purchase Motorola at the first place.

b1082

Nov 22, 2011
Saarbrücken
20:17:26.231 AudioTrack( 1012)
did not receive expected priority boost on time

20:22:38.684 MDMCTBK ( 405)
MdmCutbackHndler,Could not open

This two syslogs found i today with AndroidTuner .

I have no idea whether these two logs are helpfull to fix the low in call mic volume.

But maybe someone here on XDA has an idea.

I thank you in advance for your work.

(Amazon purchased XT1032 with latest Cm11 Nightly)

Last edited:

sanads

Account currently disabled
Jan 23, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
same problem here x1033 dual sim model also, first time encounter after 2 month of use but for now regularly.
but i came across may some solution as i not having this problem for last 1 week.
for that u have to change a developer setting under developer option.
Developer options---select runtime--now u see 2 option use dalvik is default one, but this time u need to change to--->>USE ART option
system will ask for reboot
reboot it, will take some time to reboot please have patience .(u can see android upgading on reboot screen)
after successful reboot use it for 1 week at least then post your result here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been facing a weird issue while answering or making a call. Most often when i answer a call there is the dead silence. Neither other side hear me nor i hear any thing from them. This occur when i make call as well. But when i switch off my mobile and turned it on after 30-40 sec then if i make the call or answer the call then we can talk to each other. And after few hours the above problem shows up again.
    Does any one face this issue?
    Do you have any solution for this problem?
    Please help. :(
    Wow! I thought I'm the only one! And I was blaming my network! :p
    Really irritating issue, this :(

-sent from my little moto beast
    @b1082