Flash firmware of SM-G900 on SM-G900A

Search This thread

waranty92

Sep 17, 2013
I want to flash standart firmware of galaxy s5 on galaxy s5 at&t version. I unlocked the phone by unlock code but I cant use some options of my phone. Like mobile hotspot and video call. Beside that I want to root my phone and as I know at&t version is not rootable. Who know what will happen if i will flash SM-G900 software by odin on at&t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

breni

May 25, 2014
I want to flash standart firmware of galaxy s5 on galaxy s5 at&t version. I unlocked the phone by unlock code but I cant use some options of my phone. Like mobile hotspot and video call. Beside that I want to root my phone and as I know at&t version is not rootable. Who know what will happen if i will flash SM-G900 software by odin on at&t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've read on another forum that a guy did this (not with the model of S5 that you have) and was successfull. He did this without root.

On the other hand, I've tried to flash the stock firmware of SM-G900M on my SM-G900T (T-Mobile), without rooting, and I've received a FAIL message on ODIN. So, now I'll try to root my phone and then flash the firmware. I don't know if it will cause any damage. :confused:

About the problem of the Mobile HotSpot, have you tried to go on Settings > Network Connections > Tethering and Mobile HotSpot? :rolleyes:

My T-Mobile (SM-G900T) came without the toggle of the Mobile HotSpot, if this is your problem there's a way to add this toggle on the notification panel. :cowboy: